Should there be more of a connection between Miami football and Miami street art?

Advertisement

So this is how the other half lives, nice pad brother!!! I need one of these in the republic for sure.
Haha. Thank u. Its peaceful I'll give it that. My main problem lately is my dogs like to jump in after fish dolphins & manatees. Thankfully the sharks stay more towards the middle and out of the dogs sight. 🚣‍♂️

Advertisement
I'm gonna talk with manny about this idea tomorrow. Guess it just comes down to what kind of sponsorship dollars we can get on board. Should be common sense for Adidas and several local businesses... I'll let yall know what manny says

You mean about the murals on campus?

It would definitely be forward-thinking and very much represents the Miami style Manny calls #TNM.

That said, this should definitely be a campus-wide push considering the multiple installations they've added to green-spaces going back to the early 2000s. The 'campus as art/gallery' theme has been well established since Foote's wife with the landscape design, and more recently with the eclectic architecture and freestanding art installations of the Shalala era.

You should try connecting with student government, Frenk, and someone at the board level as well.

That "Catholics vs. Confidence" mural with the turnover chain should be replicated somewhere around the Hect for sure, and some other large colorful murals would give the campus a truly-unique appeal.

Last edited:
I don't mean to pry D, but is that painting on the wall? If so, it's absolutely amazing how the artist incorporated the shadows to make it look like that dude is standing on the baseboard! Love the colors as well.
It's not prying. I posted it for yall to see. Yes he spray painted him on to the wall. Yall should look up his work. Hes based out of sao Paulo. His name is Cranio. Not ur typical street artist. I have several sculptures of his also for years.

Advertisement
It's not prying. I posted it for yall to see. Yes he spray painted him on to the wall. Yall should look up his work. Hes based out of sao Paulo. His name is Cranio. Not ur typical street artist. I have several sculptures of his also for years.
Absolutely amazing he did that with spray paint! Will definitely check him out.

You mean about the murals on campus?
Nah. Campus isn't the purpose for this. That's all good but not the ticket. Key is getting this some time *** community back on board with the progragram. Be it local or global. this done the right way between pop up and proper marketing can be huge. Exposure for the artists is great but with marketing behind it that exposure will be streamlined for the program...

I'm gonna talk with manny about this idea tomorrow. Guess it just comes down to what kind of sponsorship dollars we can get on board. Should be common sense for Adidas and several local businesses... I'll let yall know what manny says
It’s been done before. We did an installation at LIV for the Adidas uniform release event a few years back. Also did a mural at the shop for the first year of the turnover chain that got a lot of media play.

It’s been done before. We did an installation at LIV for the Adidas uniform release event a few years back. Also did a mural at the shop for the first year of the turnover chain that got a lot of media play.
Far as the liv event I remember. I was there for that. They made a few of us come support. Thought it looked pretty good. If I remember right it was like 4-7pm. Wouldve liked to see the mural. Now that I know you guys support us I'll either come through when I'm in Miami some point or have my assistant come by. Would like to see more about you guys.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You ******** overlooking street art, better yet, street smarts but you keep us off the charts. So motherfck your numbers and your statisticians. Fck y'all know about true competition?
It looks to me that you took a section of your Harvard thesis and reposted it here.

Advertisement
Back