Should he stay or should he go?

Manny should...

• Be allowed to finish his contract.

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Be fired at the end of the season.

Votes: 93 44.7%
  • Be fired as soon as possible.

Votes: 76 36.5%
  • Treated fairly and given the patience needed to fix the problems.

Votes: 42 20.2%

• Total voters
You would stick with an unqualified employee. Name one thing he has done this season that makes you think he is qualified to be a power 5 HC? Not being a smart *** honest question.

He should finish the season. You fire a coach mid season you will turn off potential candidates

Advertisement
Manny Navarro was specualting in the comments of an article for the athletic that 3 or 4 win season could mean Blake and Manny could be gone.
Interesting that he would go as far as saying that out loud. Then again might just be pure speculation.

Last edited:
He should finish the season. You fire a coach mid season you will turn off potential candidates
Yeah those days are long past. LSU fired less miles mid season. Florida fired Mcelwain midseason. Both schools had plenty of interest. Coaches get turned off when they feel that the last guy got a raw deal. Announcers during our games are literally questioning the players preparation for games. No one will be salty about Manny being fired. We are overthinking this. No one will be up in arms about Manny being fired. No one thinks he will be the guy. The former players are finally speaking up.

Advertisement
Why would we want Jimmy Johnson as a consultant? People say Butch is washed up yet Jimmy Johnson has endorsed and said we would get back to winning with Randle Shammon, Alfred Pennyworth, and Mannudy Doodie. The one coach he didn’t really endorse was Richt. The guy who won 9 and 10 games, our first bowl win, and forced upgrades to our facilities.

Jimmy was a great coach but is thinking about grouper and Heineken to much. Hang out on your boat and f*** off. Butch did more for this program than JJ ever did.

I was with you until the end there...

"Be fired at the end of the season"

Why wait ? Sideline Al Golden got the boot in midseason .... there is precedent for it

I need to know who the top replacement candidates are. Manny had disappointed this year but we are starting 3 FR on the OL and that can cripple any offense. Our D looks to have lost the top 2 leaders in jaquan and Willis last year and the LBs aren’t the leaders we thought/hoped they were apparently

Advertisement
"Be fired at the end of the season"

Why wait ? Sideline Al Golden got the boot in midseason .... there is precedent for it

Negative press. Perception in coaching community. Season is already shot. Now it's time to mitigate the damage not add to it. Miami would already get a lot of negative press by firing a coach after only 1 yr. Can you imagine if that happened during the season. What coach would legitimately be willing to risk their career/livelihood if a precedent has already been set that they could get relieved of their duties after only 7 games (no matter how incompetent they are). Can't do it unless there are other factors (scandal etc). And Golden had years so it was beyond time.

I need to know who the top replacement candidates are. Manny had disappointed this year but we are starting 3 FR on the OL and that can cripple any offense. Our D looks to have lost the top 2 leaders in jaquan and Willis last year and the LBs aren’t the leaders we thought/hoped they were apparently

Agreed that it is hard to win with no kicker and minimal OL. That being said, there is no excuse for losing to Georgia Tech and eking out a win against Central Michigan. Georgia Tech lost at home to the Citadel....and their only other win was a 4 point win at home to South Florida. Just based on talent alone, those should be comfortable wins.

Manny's mouth has only made matters worse for himself. The whole "TNM" and bravado in the offseason, the 3rd version of the Turnover Chain, and the Touchdown Rings are great if you can back up the talk and swag, but looks pathetic if you don't. IMO, Manny (or whoever the next coach is) needs to be a no nonsense, "my way or the highway" ****. I know a lot of people on here don't like to place blame on the players at all, but sorry, they are soft as ****. It is the coach's job to toughen them up, but the players need to take a hard look at themselves as well.

To date, this team has not improved as the season has gone on. They came out flat and looked unprepared after both bye weeks. That is on the coaching staff. They continue to play inconsistently on both sides of the ball, make stupid pre-snap penalties, commit dumb and critical personal fouls, etc. It is frustrating because if this team would just play fundamentally sound, smart football, they would win at least 8 games a year consistently. It is not where we want them to be, but it would serve as a starting point to again becoming a dominant team that will regularly win 10 or more each season.

It wasn't an option on the poll, but give Manny the rest of the season for the team to show improvement. If the team does improve, give him another season to right the ship. However, if they don't make a bowl, I think he should be canned. FIU and Louisville should be 2 wins and at a minimum, they should beat either FSU or Duke on the road or even Pitt. The key thing is they should at least show improvement and fight. Enough of the flash and talk, do it on the field.

If Manny should be canned, I hope they sign a coach who has shown himself to be a CEO as a coach at the FBS level, like a Saban, Dabo, Meyer, or Bob Stoops. Perhaps a Matt Campbell as an example. If they do, it is on us as a fanbase to be patient to let him turn this thing around and do it his way. I know many of us are tired of mediocrity, but if Manny is canned, it will be a full rebuild as he put it. The new guy will need to have time to fix the program.

Agreed that it is hard to win with no kicker and minimal OL. That being said, there is no excuse for losing to Georgia Tech and eking out a win against Central Michigan. Georgia Tech lost at home to the Citadel....and their only other win was a 4 point win at home to South Florida. Just based on talent alone, those should be comfortable wins.

Manny's mouth has only made matters worse for himself. The whole "TNM" and bravado in the offseason, the 3rd version of the Turnover Chain, and the Touchdown Rings are great if you can back up the talk and swag, but looks pathetic if you don't. IMO, Manny (or whoever the next coach is) needs to be a no nonsense, "my way or the highway" ****. I know a lot of people on here don't like to place blame on the players at all, but sorry, they are soft as ****. It is the coach's job to toughen them up, but the players need to take a hard look at themselves as well.

To date, this team has not improved as the season has gone on. They came out flat and looked unprepared after both bye weeks. That is on the coaching staff. They continue to play inconsistently on both sides of the ball, make stupid pre-snap penalties, commit dumb and critical personal fouls, etc. It is frustrating because if this team would just play fundamentally sound, smart football, they would win at least 8 games a year consistently. It is not where we want them to be, but it would serve as a starting point to again becoming a dominant team that will regularly win 10 or more each season.

It wasn't an option on the poll, but give Manny the rest of the season for the team to show improvement. If the team does improve, give him another season to right the ship. However, if they don't make a bowl, I think he should be canned. FIU and Louisville should be 2 wins and at a minimum, they should beat either FSU or Duke on the road or even Pitt. The key thing is they should at least show improvement and fight. Enough of the flash and talk, do it on the field.

If Manny should be canned, I hope they sign a coach who has shown himself to be a CEO as a coach at the FBS level, like a Saban, Dabo, Meyer, or Bob Stoops. Perhaps a Matt Campbell as an example. If they do, it is on us as a fanbase to be patient to let him turn this thing around and do it his way. I know many of us are tired of mediocrity, but if Manny is canned, it will be a full rebuild as he put it. The new guy will need to have time to fix the program.
I agree with everything until the last paragraph. If this job will be a rebuild for the next guy, how is it not for Manny? This team does need to show improvement which it has not to this point. I like Campbell but idk if he would be a good fit down unfortunately.

I agree with everything until the last paragraph. If this job will be a rebuild for the next guy, how is it not for Manny? This team does need to show improvement which it has not to this point. I like Campbell but idk if he would be a good fit down unfortunately.
Manny loses the benefit of the doubt when he is responsible for half of the current roster. If a full rebuild is needed then it is an indictment against him and what he has done for the last three years in charge of the defense.

Advertisement

I'm saying it would be a rebuild for a new guy because he will want to have his own players with the type of mentality he looks for in a team. Manny was hired with the thought being the Canes were a good offense away from being at least a Coastal contender again. That was the theory we were given by the administration and from Manny himself at the time. We were told the team is close and just needed to be better on offense and more consistent on special teams.

A new guy will want the team to look and play like what he wants in a team. Some of the current guys would fit, but some of them (possibly most) would not fit. He would need to have time to get the type of players that he wants.

UCF Josh Heupel and Baylor Matt Rhule makes the most sense to me.

Yeah those days are long past. LSU fired less miles mid season. Florida fired Mcelwain midseason. Both schools had plenty of interest.

Florida has been a dumpster fire. They’ve FINALLY got the coach right after urban. LSU had Les Miles for like 10 yrs. bad examples. Cleveland Browns are the type of organization to fire a guy mid season cause they are a mess. Bad organizations always fire guys quickly or mid season

Advertisement
Florida has been a dumpster fire. They’ve FINALLY got the coach right after urban. LSU had Les Miles for like 10 yrs. bad examples. Cleveland Browns are the type of organization to fire a guy mid season cause they are a mess. Bad organizations always fire guys quickly or mid season
Mac won the SEC west in back to back years and was the SEC coach of the year in 2015... 2017 was a rough year but as you saw in the Central Michigan game the man can coach circles around what we have now. That being said after back to back trips to the SEC championship game he was fired. Midseason. If you can fire a moderately successful coach midseason why can't you fire an unsuccessful one?

Reality is Manny will be here next season whether we like it or not. Only way he lasts here is recycle the coaching staff in the off season with competent coaches. Not sure he will be smart enough to do thar

Advertisement
Back