Should he stay or should he go?

Manny should...

• Be allowed to finish his contract.

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Be fired at the end of the season.

Votes: 93 44.7%
  • Be fired as soon as possible.

Votes: 76 36.5%
  • Treated fairly and given the patience needed to fix the problems.

Votes: 42 20.2%

• Total voters
Advertisement
Fire Blake at the EOY to at least give Manny a chance. Bring in an AD who has seen championship football in the last 10 years who can help him build out the right staff and infrastructure. And at the end of the day if Manny is not the guy after Year 2 or 3, well at least we have the right AD in place now to lead a proper search (I've always thought this is pretty simple, we need to get an SEC AD and just go out and hire Mario or someone who an even better recruiter than him). No matter what though, we have to make some changes.

Advertisement
Can any you get a realistic solution, becuase I doubt Manny will be fired by the end of the season. He definitely needs a new OC and a DC. The idea of hiring Blake Baker, because he was a similar defense was stupid, bringing a DC who runs something different and can bring a different perspective to the game. Manny boxed himself and got complacent with that DC hire. Banda and Pakte got to go as well.

Advertisement
Honestly I want him gone, he's a ******* idiot. He's defense is finally being exposed by the JV sh*t it always was, but this time he doesn't have quality players to cover up, now he has to play the players he evaluated and developed (or in our case didn't developed).

That being said he should get 2 years. UM as a program isn't in a position to be firing coaches after 1 year, no real coach would take us serious if we fired him after year 1. Rhule wound't leave Baylor for this, Campbell woudn't leave ISU for this and the list goes on.

We can hope the AD gets fired and the new one lights a fire on Diaz *** and helps him with the necessary changes, but that is about it.

Trying to picture Julio Frenk getting involved. That might make things worse.
hey, his contract is up why not have a clean sweep. when they were looking for a new President they looked at a ex-military(Navy)
guy..... look at what football has meant $$$$ wise to Alabama across the board.

In an ideal world you fire him, full disclosure i thought diaz was a great fit, but you have too much money invested in him. But Enos and Baker are horrible coordinators. Enos is averaging less points than Richt he needs to go. Bakers players look confused on the field and thats making them play slow. The best outcome would be to fire Enos immediately.

“great fit” is one of the repeated dumbest thingsthis fan base says. Wtf does that even mean? bc he’s a Cuban dude from south Florida he’s qualified? Bc he said the word violence? Seriously asking what made Manny a good fit as a FOOTBALL COACH.

Advertisement
Honestly I want him gone, he's a ******* idiot. He's defense is finally being exposed by the JV sh*t it always was, but this time he doesn't have quality players to cover up, now he has to play the players he evaluated and developed (or in our case didn't developed).

That being said he should get 2 years. UM as a program isn't in a position to be firing coaches after 1 year, no real coach would take us serious if we fired him after year 1. Rhule wound't leave Baylor for this, Campbell woudn't leave ISU for this and the list goes on.

We can hope the AD gets fired and the new one lights a fire on Diaz *** and helps him with the necessary changes, but that is about it.

You are crazy ifyou think Rhule or Campbell wouldn’t leave if we gave them appropriate compensation.

You guys need to put JJ to rest.

He gets to make millions of dollars a year, and he gets to fish five days a week while doing it.

Why the **** would he take less money for more stress and less time off?

I'm a hurricane fan, but if I had JJ's life, I'd drift away and care more about my tan than who is ******** up the program now.

“great fit” is one of the repeated dumbest thingsthis fan base says. Wtf does that even mean? bc he’s a Cuban dude from south Florida he’s qualified? Bc he said the word violence? Seriously asking what made Manny a good fit as a FOOTBALL COACH.
Always someone bringing some bull **** reason to start an identity debate. Great fit because he took our sh1tty defense n made it into one the best units in the country. Our dline was ferocious the 3 years he was coordinator.

Advertisement
Why would we want Jimmy Johnson as a consultant? People say Butch is washed up yet Jimmy Johnson has endorsed and said we would get back to winning with Randle Shammon, Alfred Pennyworth, and Mannudy Doodie. The one coach he didn’t really endorse was Richt. The guy who won 9 and 10 games, our first bowl win, and forced upgrades to our facilities.

Jimmy was a great coach but is thinking about grouper and Heineken to much. Hang out on your boat and f*** off. Butch did more for this program than JJ ever did.

lmao this sooo much this that guy viciously out coached in so many games, how the fck do you not just hand the ball off against penn state?

TENN ? no words there

that guy got carried by insane talent roast me up all you want

hey, his contract is up why not have a clean sweep. when they were looking for a new President they looked at a ex-military(Navy)
guy..... look at what football has meant $$$$ wise to Alabama across the board.
Really wanted Starvadis (sp?)

People that wanna fire a coach immediately are the people that suck at running businesses.
So if you own a McDonalds franchise, for example, and your rookie store manager has ****ed up a delivery, had a major kitchen fire, run out of food during peak times and messed up the staff rota for a holiday weekend - all within two months - you'd stick with him?

Advertisement
Back