Should he stay or should he go?

Manny should...

• Be allowed to finish his contract.

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Be fired at the end of the season.

Votes: 93 44.7%
  • Be fired as soon as possible.

Votes: 76 36.5%
  • Treated fairly and given the patience needed to fix the problems.

Votes: 42 20.2%

• Total voters
Advertisement
"Treated fairly and given the patience needed to fix the problems."

OP, You trying to get in the professional polling business, AKA, using polls to push public opinion? If you select one of the first three options in your mind, but then read the fourth detractor, the sociatel desire to "be fair" will possibly force you to change your answer to what you believe will not offend the pollster, make the polster judge you as heartless or even racist, etc.

Not participating...Go work for one of the media companies.

Advertisement
Regardless of what we want there is no way he only gets one season. Not happening. A poor recruiting class and a similar flame out next season then I wouldn’t be shocked to see both Manny and Blake let go,

Manny Navarro was specualting in the comments of an article for the athletic that 3 or 4 win season could mean Blake and Manny could be gone.

Fire him ASAP but fire Blake James and Strawley first

You don’t want those clowns anywhere near a coaching search
pee BJ.png
pee strawley.png

lmao this sooo much this that guy viciously out coached in so many games, how the fck do you not just hand the ball off against penn state?

TENN ? no words there

that guy got carried by insane talent roast me up all you want
I agree with you bro. I knew if I said to much about Jimmy I would get banned

Advertisement
Fire Blake now and I bet you see a little note urgency in the coaches as that will be the sign everyone is on notice.

Remember when he was going to run up the score on inferior opponents lol

Yeah, because Richt was supposedly the worst OC in the history of the school. Coincidentally winning the coastal and 10 wins with Rosier at the helm.

Advertisement
Doesn't matter what we think. We'll be asking this question following 2021 season. Please somebody, I want to be wrong.

If Manny were smart, he'd find the best OC available and give him free rein. He'd also replace Baker at the minimum.

Hiring friends only works out if your friends are really good at their jobs. His apparently aren't.

Bottom line, never hire somebody you cannot fire.... that includes friends, bestmen at your wedding and your kid's godparents

You are crazy ifyou think Rhule or Campbell wouldn’t leave if we gave them appropriate compensation.
In this scenario I Doubt Rhule would leave, even if Baylor is a stepping stone for him he would think something better will appear the next couple of years. The same for Campbell

Advertisement
Fire Blake at the EOY to at least give Manny a chance. Bring in an AD who has seen championship football in the last 10 years who can help him build out the right staff and infrastructure. And at the end of the day if Manny is not the guy after Year 2 or 3, well at least we have the right AD in place now to lead a proper search (I've always thought this is pretty simple, we need to get an SEC AD and just go out and hire Mario or someone who an even better recruiter than him). No matter what though, we have to make some changes.

Wtf is an AD gonna do to help Manny not be a corch? The ADs job is to hire the coach andthe staff the coach wants. He doesn’t run the football team. It’s not like a GM.

Can any you get a realistic solution, becuase I doubt Manny will be fired by the end of the season. He definitely needs a new OC and a DC. The idea of hiring Blake Baker, because he was a similar defense was stupid, bringing a DC who runs something different and can bring a different perspective to the game. Manny boxed himself and got complacent with that DC hire. Banda and Pakte got to go as well.

You must have been in a coma after 2007 when Randy slurpers said the same thing. He fired Walton, fired Nix the year after, and every time you have to start with a new system you stunt player development. If the HC makes such miserable hires at the coordinator position that they need to be immediately replaced, then your HC is incompetent and needs to be removed.

Advertisement
Back