Should any of our WR move to corner?

Advertisement
Advertisement
"Dollar Store Tee Higgins" Dee Wiggins to CB?

tenor.gif

Check out he highlight tape from HS. His DB skills was awesome. He's a good WR, very good, but he would have been Jim Thorpe award good at DB.
Yes I know he played db in high school and was solid but I wouldn’t go as far as him being an elite db. East St Louis had a guy named Terry Hawthorne who was a top 100 recruit who played WR and CB. Went to Illinois and was a CB there. Played well got drafted but injuries derailed his pro career. Illinois ****ed it up putting him at CB when they should have made him a WR. He had first round written all over him if he played WR in college.

FB to DT!
Njoku to TE!
Punter to MLB!
Perry to back-up holder or kicker...required to change facemask to single bar.

Advertisement
It almost never happens, but it HAS happened before, right?! Why don't we move the whole team over to CB for all of fall practice? We're bound to hit on at least one good one!

If Wiggins can't cut it this year he might deserve at least getting a look. He's going to get buried on the depth chart otherwise and I think he has the skill set to learn and play CB.

Advertisement
If were going to get creative:

Rousseau to corner and we make him a flat defender in the cover 2/6. He could cover a 20 yard out route by taking 1 step from the LOS. I saw him looking like paul krause catching 1 handed ints on Dline drills this past paradise camp. Started at safety and WR in hs. Imagine a RB seeing him as the free defender on a toss breaking down with a wing span as long as Shaq's. If Adalius Thomas could take reps in different coverages as a corner in the NFL, then rousseau could do it in college -- easily.

Advertisement
I think Derrick Smith could actually do a job at corner if we get desperate. As a freshman he played in the slot a bit and made a few nice plays against Clemson and others. He's long enough and maybe even fast enough, so I think he's actually the best candidate on the roster to move over to corner even though we might want him more at Safety

No. Derrick Smith can not play corner, I’m not even trying to be funny.

Advertisement
Back