Shots fired by Kaaya's mom

Fellas relax, I started that interaction with her. She critized the Beast and I chimed in. I actually apologized for the way we are coming across. I made the mistake to point out the coaching staff's short comings and while she was throwing disrespectful comments I never said anything negative about Brad or the players. Either way she took it/ made it personal.

This whole situation is very toxic. I really hate the administration's management but truly believe that for all the good things Shalala accomplished, she is the one that has stunted the football program. Whether it was on purpose (because of image) or not hiring/paying for an experienced AD. Taking advise from Barry Alvares? Seriously

She can't retire fast enough.

Advertisement
After reading Dynasty's post on my computer it appears.. that I was going agaisnt Duke's mom the way it was bold. I would like to point out the sentence that followed... I would have done it the same way... but i agree that this has become a toxic... dead horse... and thats all I have to say about this topic.

What a sad state of affairs our program has become.

What ****es me off the most was that people were actually being pretty respectful towards her and showing their desire for Brad to succeed at Miami. She's just salty she has to deal with a fan base that wants to shake the boat

Put yourself in her shoes. Her kid had offers from some big time programs and they chose UM. Now that she gets here, she's thinking its going to be like what the coaches told her it would be like, but its not. The team cannot beat anyone with a pulse. Her only avenue for information that she deems trustworthy is the coaching staff.

Mark my words: If a change is not made this off season, she will eventually come around to our way of thinking. We know golden plays favorites with the players. Right now, Kaaya is one of his faves. She's being blinded by the message at the moment. Give her a year or so, she'll see the truth. She seems like a thinking person.

You people need to get your heads examined! Seriously!
All this poison over a game played by teenagers. What do you expect is the result of all this lunacy for any of you personally?
You need to re-examine your priorities.
This poison is killing any enjoyment anyone can expect from being a UM fan for who knows how long, maybe forever.
In the end this will all pass and you will have not affected anything.
What does UM winning national championships get for you personally? Bragging rights, some lofty position of an accomplishment that you personally had nothing to do with. This is grounds for psychoanalysis.
Pray for peace.

This pathetic post sums up the school's combative stance to fans. Defensive, condescending arrogance. In terms of public relations, I don't think it could've been handled any worse. Strong leaders don't allow this type of message to go out.

Don't worry I took care of her on facebook, she should stay low, sent her tons of articles and pictures and told her how it was..... crack head 4 sure

Advertisement
This is yet another deal where the sunshine crowd, the realistic crowd, and the overly-negative crowd all clash because they have their own agendas.

The sunshine crowd (those who are holding opinions like HBK's mom) are of the opinion that we can ignore the real problems with the program, blow sunshine up all of our collective asses, and that things will get better with time, and that the status quo of the program and it's leadership is just fine. It's just that we need to be patient and blindly support the program. Anyone questioning that is a hater and doesn't know what they're talking about, in their view.

The realists among us, of which I am one (and admittedly, there are many of us), will point out the issues, and talk about possible solutions. We don't turn a blind eye to things. We may get a little negative, but for the most part--we keep it clean, and keep to the facts as to why change does/doesn't need to happen.

The overly-negative "Darkside" crew is the cousin of the realists...but take it many steps further by pointing out the issues, and then calling for nukes to just randomly fall on Golden's house, wishing ill will on any and all involved.

Now...the difference is, the best message lies somewhere in that gray area between the realists and the overly-negative folks...that is, if we're wanting to affect change from the status quo. The truth has to be heard, and sometimes--you have to make it provocative to force a change. I don't know who died and made Angie Kaaya the Queen of the Canes, and it's one thing to support her son. It's another thing to tell people making truthful yet hard observations about the shortcomings of the program as they currently are that they aren't "true fans". She's welcome to her opinion, but to act like everyone else's opinions are wrong and invalid (especially those of us who have been Canes fans for decades before HBK came to The U) does nothing but undermine her positive rah-rah messaging. It completely turns me off to giving two ***** about what she has to say regarding this team and it's leadership.

I'll like Kaaya and what he does on the field, and as a representative off of it--I will support him all the way. However, if I see and point out that he or someone else on this team makes a bad play or coaching decision, and it's factual and non-malicious on my part...then I'll be damned if I'll let her tell me that I'm not a true fan because of it.

All this poison over a game played by teenagers. What do you expect is the result of all this lunacy for any of you personally?
This poison is killing any enjoyment anyone can expect from being a UM fan for who knows how long, maybe forever.
What does UM winning national championships get for you personally? Bragging rights, some lofty position of an accomplishment that you personally had nothing to do with. This is grounds for psychoanalysis.
Pray for peace.

This pathetic post sums up the school's combative stance to fans. Defensive, condescending arrogance. In terms of public relations, I don't think it could've been handled any worse. Strong leaders don't allow this type of message to go out.

LoL....you got the wrong guy.

Pray for peace.

LoL....you got the wrong guy.

Yep. User error redacting the quote. This was for NYibis

Advertisement
Back