Shots fired! Butch putting it on AL

Hypothetically... Butch comes in to be our coach next year. How does he get along with all the players he just said sucks?

Butch doesn't get along with players, that's some Al Golden Dodge ball ****.

Butch makes them great, and then they become millionaires.

Is there anybody on that team who can look at his own performance and be satisfied? (I mean, assuming Duke Johnson goes pro.)

A traditional part of the 'Canes program was that they were pretty upfront with you: we're going to keep trying to find guys to take your place, and you're going to want to keep working hard enough to hold on to it. The first year or two, there will probably be some guys that would rather not. Eventually, there won't be any more of those guys.

Advertisement
Hypothetically... Butch comes in to be our coach next year. How does he get along with all the players he just said sucks?

Butch doesn't get along with players, that's some Al Golden Dodge ball ****.

Butch makes them great, and then they become millionaires.

Crown this man. Freaking quote of the year.

Butch is full of ****. Some of his classes when he was recruiting coordinator for JJ were ranked 20-30. They brought in a lot of dogs...I remember a good number of them. Wish I still had my recruiting files for the mid to late '80s. What they DID do was bring in just enough difference makers plus nobodies who made themselves better players in our program. What Butch and Jimmy could do was recognize potential. In fact, we might be bringing in too many high star players who plateau and don't get better. Also, our kids back then were probably hungrier.

Last edited:
xdcrjc.gif

Butch is full of ****. Some of his classes when he was recruiting coordinator for JJ were ranked 20-30. They brought in a lot of dogs...I remember a good number of them. Wish I still had my recruiting files for the mid to late '80s. What they DID do was bring in just enough difference makers plus nobodies who made themselves better players in our program. What Butch and Jimmy could do was recognize potential. In fact, we might be bringing in too many high star players who plateau and don't get better. Also, our kids back then were probably hungrier.

It's your eyes that are Brown my man. Only an idiot would argue that Butch and the great assistants he referred to weren't great recruiters, had a great eye for evaluating talent and most importantly developing that talent to it's full potential. As Butch calls it, "coaching the **** out of them"! If Al was allowed to pick the first 20 players before anybody else signed he'd still **** it up.

Advertisement

It's your eyes that are Brown my man. Only an idiot would argue that Butch and the great assistants he referred to weren't great recruiters, had a great eye for evaluating talent and most importantly developing that talent to it's full potential. As Butch calls it, "coaching the **** out of them"! If Al was allowed to pick the first 20 players before anybody else signed he'd still **** it up.
He'd start in NJ

He'd start in NJ

he'd start with a process

I just got a response from Blake. Unreal.

"Thank you for your note and your support of our program. While we do not want to lose you as a season ticket holder, we will not be making a coaching change. We are building our program and hope that we can count on your continued support.

All the best to you and your family this holiday season. Wishing you a healthy and happy 2015!

Go Canes!
Blake"

I responded with this...

Mr. James,

We just had a 6-6 season, our recruiting class is falling apart and we only have 5 Dade and Broward commits, at the moment. I am not sure what you are trying to build but I think it is painfully obvious the program is in desperate need for change. There is something fundamentally wrong with the football program. Since you will not be making any coaching changes and accept 6-6 seasons at the University of Miami, we will not be renewing our tickets. This is unacceptable.

Last edited:
They are going to have to listen soon. At some point they need to ask if Golden can build it anymore than he already has. He should not have an eternity to "build". It's a football program, not the Great Pyramids of Giza.

"Thank you for your note and your support of our program. While we do not want to lose you as a season ticket holder, we will not be making a coaching change. We are building our program and hope that we can count on your continued support.

All the best to you and your family this holiday season. Wishing you a healthy and happy 2015!

Go Canes!
Blake"

Advertisement

Huh? WTF r u talking about?

It's been proven time and again what JJ and Butch did was get the best athletes from South Florida regardless of ratings or size. The entire premise is that if you took 25 of the second best players in south florida every year, you would STILL win a title if they were coached properly.

Go Canes!
Blake"

I responded with this...

Mr. James,

We just had a 6-6 season, our recruiting class is falling apart and we only have 5 Dade and Broward commits, at the moment. I am not sure what you are trying to build but I think it is painfully obvious the program is in desperate need for change. There is something fundamentally wrong with the football program. Since you will not be making any coaching changes and accept 6-6 seasons at the University of Miami, we will not be renewing our tickets. This is unacceptable.

May need to stop writing to Flakes, all he does is seek someone higher up to respond. Flake Blake is the non-AD.
Be respectful and send your concerns straight to the top. Board of Trustees, and you can always write to Shalala; She Still el Presidente!

Go Canes!
Blake"

I responded with this...

Mr. James,

May need to stop writing to Flakes, all he does is seek someone higher up to respond. Flake Blake is the non-AD.
Be respectful and send your concerns straight to the top. Board of Trustees, and you can always write to Shalala; She Still el Presidente!

She was copied in the email.

WTF are you talking about? You think Butch bases all his evaluation on the talent level of each class on 3*-4*-5* players? The dude know football, he knows how to evaluate talent and development. When he says these kids aren't getting developed, that ALfraud and his minions aren't recruiting the right players, I take that as the gospel truth. He just didn't luck into the 2000, 2001, 2002 squad. That's a 3 year run with unprecedented talent and he was the architect.

Advertisement

Go Canes!
Blake"

I responded with this...

Mr. James,

She was copied in the email.

At least until the last day of the semester, she hadn't been at school since her mother died.

Go Canes!
Blake"

Translation:

Go **** Yourself

-Blake James

jorlol.gif

UM damned near got the death penalty, and Butch lost 31 scholarships.

No bowl game that first year of his. Talk about a tough sell to recruits!

Butch probably didn't get much access, much less warmth from many 4* and 5* players, so he had to make do and make every recruit count and coach the **it out of them.

That's how it's done. Now, with Butch's past, recruiting and producing some 34 first round picks over a ten year period, does anyone think Butch Davis will be unwelcome in recruits homes? And that doesn't count the less-than-first-round NFL recruits drafted that he coached.

I can only imagine the recruits he could get now.

Advertisement

Go Canes!
Blake"

I responded with this...

Mr. James,

I got an even worse one. Replied with something similar to the effect of..."Not sure if you really understood my message, but I'm pulling my complete financial support and suggesting to every UM fan I come across to do the same until changes are made."

Your comment doesn't make any a sense. The results speak for themselves.

For everybody saying we have the talent, Butch served notice. I've always believed Al's evals sucked.

It is a combination. We have talent. The talent has underachieved, been underutilized, transferred or has been kicked out. Either way, it is Golden's fault.

This!!!! According to rivals and ESPN, our classes have been solid...w/ the 2012 class (god, I feel bad for the 2012 class) but 30% are not here. Golden has tried to fatten up many of the lineman and lbs and playing this patty cake crap of a defense is killing their instincts of aggressiveness.

Most of our issues comes from coaching. No one is looking at our coaching staff with other schools or NFL teams looking to cherry pick from this staff. Not even the head man can get a gig at his own Alma Mater. While our facilities are not up to par as compared to other big time schools, kids are not coming here b/c of that; they are not coming here b/c of what they see on the field. They are not coming here b/c players are not being developed properly. These kids want to get drafted andGolden is killing kids draft stocks. He's hanging his whole coaching career on Muhammed Wilkerson from 6 yrs ago...big whoopty doo.

UM damned near got the death penalty, and Butch lost 31 scholarships.

No bowl game that first year of his. Talk about a tough sell to recruits!

Butch probably didn't get much access, much less warmth from many 4* and 5* players, so he had to make do and make every recruit count and coach the **it out of them.

That's how it's done. Now, with Butch's past, recruiting and producing some 34 first round picks over a ten year period, does anyone think Butch Davis will be unwelcome in recruits homes? And that doesn't count the less-than-first-round NFL recruits drafted that he coached.

I can only imagine the recruits he could get now.

people forget, butch under JJ had to actually travel and see kids live. there was no online stuff like youtube or hudl.

Advertisement
Back