Shots fired at Bama

Advertisement

Frost basically calling them out saying everyone knows they pay the most.

You have totally misinterpreted this quote.

This is in reference to some old pre-BCS era NCs that Alabama claims from many many years ago that aren’t officially recognized but that they will claim when saying they’ve won X number of championships.

Advertisement

This is in reference to some old pre-BCS era NCs that Alabama claims from many many years ago that aren’t officially recognized but that they will claim when saying they’ve won X number of championships.
Yup....Like losing your Biwl game....but still winning NC.....

There are several teams that claim NC's from way back in the 30's, 40's, and 50's to pad their resume's. UTK is the worlds worst. They claim to have 6 and 5 are from the 50's and farther back.

Those NC claimed by bama were not recognized by everybody, but they were recognized by something other than themselves. Those were the times of multiple polls with no single official rankings system and split national championships. Not to defend bama, bc it is pretty lame to claim a NC from some semi-national regional newspaper in the 30s, but why so many seem to defend UCFs ridiculous self proclaimed "NC" baffles me.

Last edited:
Those NC claimed by bama were not recognized by everybody, but they were recognized by something other than themselves. Those were the times of multiple polls with no single official rankings system and split national championships. Not to defend bama, bc it is pretty lame to claim a NC from some semi-national regional newspaper in the 30s, but why everyone seems to defend UCFs ridiculous self proclaimed "NC" baffles me.
I’ve only seen people clowning UCF unless they were UCF fans

Advertisement
Those NC claimed by bama were not recognized by everybody, but they were recognized by something other than themselves. Those were the times of multiple polls with no single official rankings system and split national championships. Not to defend bama, bc it is pretty lame to claim a NC from some semi-national regional newspaper in the 30s, but why so many seem to defend UCFs ridiculous self proclaimed "NC" baffles me.

Nobody defends UCF’s claims except UCF homers.

UCF can make an argument they were screwed by the playoffs if they want, they can’t claim an NC that doesn’t exist, and no serious person supports that unless they want to be clowned.

UCF can make an argument they were screwed by the playoffs if they want, they can’t claim an NC that doesn’t exist, and no serious person supports that unless they want to be clowned.

I live in Orlando so maybe that's why I see more pro UCF NC garbage. It's freaking annoying lol

Last edited:
Disirregardless, I could care less about UCF's cause here but it's a smart move by Frost at Nebraska. Pick up the mantle of Bob Stoops as a national critic/troll of the SEC. It's free publicity for the ol' Cornhuskers and you get way more than half of the country cheering you on for rustling Sabag and that entire conference.

I hope they do a playoff AFTER the bowl games, so teams like UCF can prove they belong against a team like Auburn then make the playoffs. How different would the playoffs have looked had they done this last season?

Advertisement
I think that UCF has a legit beef to the extent that it was not seriously considered for the playoffs. I know why it did not get in, but that illustrates the problem with a "selected" playoff, a potential winner is left out. I prefer a win and you are in type of system like the professionals all use. Win a conference championship, and you get to play another game......now that could lead to creation of a super-level of teams but you don't hear any DII teams claiming to be better than a DI champion. But, I have to agree that the current system is better than in the 20s where your local newspaper declared the home team NC.........................and Bama, Army, USC have some of those.

Is that not the definition of irony? Him with his UCF team last year claiming to be the Champs and all. Maybe thats how they got on the subject in the first place.

Advertisement
I think that UCF has a legit beef to the extent that it was not seriously considered for the playoffs. I know why it did not get in, but that illustrates the problem with a "selected" playoff, a potential winner is left out. I prefer a win and you are in type of system like the professionals all use. Win a conference championship, and you get to play another game......now that could lead to creation of a super-level of teams but you don't hear any DII teams claiming to be better than a DI champion. But, I have to agree that the current system is better than in the 20s where your local newspaper declared the home team NC.........................and Bama, Army, USC have some of those.

8 team playoff. 5 major conference winner auto-bids and 3 at-larges. We'll never have to deal with this again.

Definitely misinterpreted the quote. With that said, here's a little something about a couple of Bama's earlier "titles."

1925: Myth
Alabama claims they "share" this one with Dartmouth. Who gave the Tide the title? Houlgate and Helms. Houlgate started his system in 1927. Wait a second—this means 'Bama won their 1925 national championship using a formula that didn't even exist until 1927? The other title giver, Helms Athletic Foundation, wasn't founded until 1941. Hmm, another mind-blowing retroactive scam.

1926: Myth
Alabama claims they "share" this one with three other teams with equal or better records. Once again, it is the Helms Athletic Foundation (founded in 1941) that "gives" Alabama this title. But wait, this organization wasn't formed until over 15 years later, right?

1930: Myth
The Parke Davis poll says that 'Bama tied Notre Dame for the national championship this year, but this was the only poll to award it to 'Bama. Meanwhile, Notre Dame was named national champion in six different polls. I thought there could only truthfully be one champion, but I guess I was wrong. Interesting fact: Parke Davis is another retroactive system. He (an individual, not an organization) didn't create his system until 1933—three years after the fact.

1934: Myth
Alabama says they share this title with two other teams. The title givers this time are Dunkel, Williamson, and Football Thesaurus. Dunkel was a fan—check that, fan—who came up with his own polling system. Williamson was a geologist who also came up with his own system. Football Thesaurus didn't even appear until 1946. Once again, 12 years later. Another title that should never have been claimed.

1941: Myth
One day, when I have children, I'll read about this one to them before bed each night. Fact is, it might as well be written in a book full of colorful pictures and fairy tales. The AP ranked Alabama 20th in the nation this season with 14 teams having better records above them. Once again, it is the Football Thesaurus that retroactively awards the Tide this title. Alabama finished third in the SEC that year, while Mississippi State won the SEC title. It completely baffles me that 'Bama claims a national title in 1941.

Lol Bama has 11 "National Championships" prior to 1980, and 17 total "claimed" NCs.

I think the rule of thumb should be that NCs only really count if they happened after CFB was fully integrated.

This is an interesting interactive map somebody on Reddit made:

Integration of CFB Map

Advertisement
Back