Shots fired at Bama

btw, you guys know we have a National Championship that is technically shared too right? it isn't universally recognized that we are solely deserving of being named champs that year.

Advertisement
btw, you guys know we have a National Championship that is technically shared too right? it isn't universally recognized that we are solely deserving of being named champs that year.

Did UM finish ranked #20 in 1991 and then claim a championship?

No?

Then why are you posting this?

Right but we also aren't out their claiming the '00 title because we beat FSU and didn't get to play OU or claiming the '02 title even though the flag came after the **** teams were showered and on the bus. UCF needs to get over themselves and people need to call them out for it.

I mean at the end of the day UCF DID finish undefeated. Yall can try to take that away from them all you want but you can't. If UCF wants to push the National Champions thing, I have no problem with it. I think its a smart move and is getting them good press.

How many undefeated teams aren't recognized as National Champions? In 2010 there were 3 undefeated teams leading up to the NC game- Auburn, Oregon, and TCU. But since we had no playoff the BCS chose Auburn and Oregon to play. Why can't TCU claim a championship? They went undefeated and beat the #5 team in the Rose Bowl. In 2009 Bama and Boise St FINISHED undefeated. Boise wasn't given the opportunity to play Bama. Maybe the problem is just that the system used to determine the National Champs was ****.

Before the BCS, there were very few teams that finished undefeated and weren't named National Champions...1994 PSU is an example, they finisedh undefeated but were ranked 2nd all yr because Nebraska was also undefeated. Thats one of the rare times pre-bcs an undefeated team wasn't awarded a partial claim to the title... If anything all this UCF **** is just further reason the CFP needs to be expanded to 6 (giving top2 a bye) or 8 teams.

It is not about being universally recognized, it's about having a legitimate claim and there are big obvious differences in legitimacy between Miami 91, Bama 41 and UCF 17.

It's college football there often isn't a universal champion. That's the whole point of that little debate, ya know that happens every single year about rankings/bcs/playoff.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I could see this, but would NOT make the at large an automatic G5. Just make it an at large that could be a G5 like UCF or a worthy P5 non conference champ.

If it's not written in that a G5 gets the bid, it will just go to another P5. The point is to let one of those teams that wouldn't get in on respect have a shot.

Right but we also aren't out their claiming the '00 title because we beat FSU and didn't get to play OU or claiming the '02 title even though the flag came after the **** teams were showered and on the bus. UCF needs to get over themselves and people need to call them out for it.
We also weren't defeated.

Tell me, if we were undefeated, and STILL overlooked to have a chance to get the opportunity to play for the national championship, and then we wooped UF's *** like that at the end of the season, would you be mad if we were claiming the National Championship? I know I wouldn't be.

If it's not written in that a G5 gets the bid, it will just go to another P5. The point is to let one of those teams that wouldn't get in on respect have a shot.

G5 should not be automatic but you could write in provisions like if a G5 is undefeated or ranked top 15 or top 10 then they automatically get the bid.

Disirregardless, I could care less about UCF's cause here but it's a smart move by Frost at Nebraska. Pick up the mantle of Bob Stoops as a national critic/troll of the SEC. It's free publicity for the ol' Cornhuskers and you get way more than half of the country cheering you on for rustling Sabag and that entire conference.

Had to give you a like for using disirregardless

Advertisement
I think that UCF has a legit beef to the extent that it was not seriously considered for the playoffs. I know why it did not get in, but that illustrates the problem with a "selected" playoff, a potential winner is left out. I prefer a win and you are in type of system like the professionals all use. Win a conference championship, and you get to play another game......now that could lead to creation of a super-level of teams but you don't hear any DII teams claiming to be better than a DI champion. But, I have to agree that the current system is better than in the 20s where your local newspaper declared the home team NC.........................and Bama, Army, USC have some of those.

This notion of a "super level" of teams should have happened a long time ago. Do teams like Toledo, Buffalo, Tulane, Western Mich, Miami (OH), etc etc. really need to be at the D1 level?

Four conferences with two divisions of 8 teams. 64 teams total. Win your conference and you make the four team playoff. It's that simple. Division 1 doesn't need 120 teams, many of whom never have been and never will be competitive.

Advertisement
I mean at the end of the day UCF DID finish undefeated. Yall can try to take that away from them all you want but you can't. If UCF wants to push the National Champions thing, I have no problem with it. I think its a smart move and is getting them good press.

How many undefeated teams aren't recognized as National Champions? In 2010 there were 3 undefeated teams leading up to the NC game- Auburn, Oregon, and TCU. But since we had no playoff the BCS chose Auburn and Oregon to play. Why can't TCU claim a championship? They went undefeated and beat the #5 team in the Rose Bowl. In 2009 Bama and Boise St FINISHED undefeated. Boise wasn't given the opportunity to play Bama. Maybe the problem is just that the system used to determine the National Champs was ****.

Before the BCS, there were very few teams that finished undefeated and weren't named National Champions...1994 PSU is an example, they finisedh undefeated but were ranked 2nd all yr because Nebraska was also undefeated. Thats one of the rare times pre-bcs an undefeated team wasn't awarded a partial claim to the title... If anything all this UCF **** is just further reason the CFP needs to be expanded to 6 (giving top2 a bye) or 8 teams.

You can take the kid out of California, but not the California out of the kid...

with-pride-nancy-acceptsanother-participation-trophy-on-behalf-of-california-23950374.png

r359748_1287x724_16-9-620x400.jpg

What a joke...

Advertisement

Wow, accusing somebody of being a Fox viewer for the 1,000,000 time...So original

Go to a UCF board if you don't like it.

Wow, accusing somebody of being a Fox viewer for the 1,000,000 time...So original

Go to a UCF board if you don't like it.

Says the guy posting Pelosi memes on a college board. SQUAWK LIBERAL SQUAWK PELOSI SQUAWK BENGHAZI SQUAWK HILARY SQUAWK DEEPSTATE SQUAWK OBAMA SQUAWK IMMIGRANTS SQUAWK. Just go back to your cage and **** on some old miami herald manny navarro columns.

Advertisement
Back