Shocked to Learn That Richt, Diaz and Kool Were Not Fired

Earnest T. Bass

Sophomore
During yesterday’s first half against Toledo a large number of posters fired Richt, Diaz and put Coach Kool on notice when taking his defensive linemen to task. They also demoted Rosier and promoted various quarterbacks, along with a sundry list of other players.

52 points later and a touchdown called back makes the demoting of Richt, the offensive play caller and coordinator, a bit of a head scratcher. Had Richt put up…say…70 points would that have been enough to delay his demotion (or firing)? Additionally, it seems like only yesterday morning that Coaches Diaz and Kool were Gods, but now, based on the experts reviews, they couldn’t find employment with a youth league football team. I mention this because my son’s team is looking for a defensive coordinator and defensive line coach.

Question: are you Cats going to start flying your infamous banner plane air force demanding the firing of Coaches Diaz and Kool? Another question: is it copasetic to fly the fire a coach banner in the first half and then fly a banner in the second half hiring the same coach back? Can one assume that the first half/second half banner flying will also apply to the demoting of coaches/players and promoting them in the second half should you deem it to be appropriate?

Needless to say, but I am a novice in all this minute to minute firing and demoting people. So, if there’s a “Hurricanes Fire’em-Demote’em Guide” you could send to us rookies it would be helpful as it all appears to be absolutely insane to those of us with the untrained eyes. Thanking you in advance.

Advertisement
The first half was a disgrace, and you know that. The second half showed what we could do when we got off our collective butts. I'm not giving the staff a pass on the first half ineptitude I saw. It was pathetic. The second half just illustrated how good we can be, and how pathetic the first half was.

The first half was a disgrace, and you know that. The second half showed what we could do when we got off our collective butts. I'm not giving the staff a pass on the first half ineptitude I saw. It was pathetic. The second half just illustrated how good we can be, and how pathetic the first half was.

What do we call the fan meltdowns in between? Serious question...

Last edited:
I don't disagree with the poor play in the first half, but my post deals with the hysterical calls to fire and demote everyone simply because of a team being out of rhythm after 3 weeks of inactivity and the other undeniable forces that had to steal away a lot of prep focus.

Well Diaz's D let up 350 yards to BC & 469 yards & 30 points to Toledo. So idk what you're getting at. Not only that but the scheme is weird af. Needs to button it up vs Duke or we are catching an L. If our O gets in rythme were gonna be unstoppable on that side of the ball. 52 points & 600 yards WITHOUT Richards.

Advertisement
Well Diaz's D let up 350 yards to BC & 469 yards & 30 points to Toledo. So idk what you're getting at. Not only that but the scheme is weird af. Needs to button it up vs Duke or we are catching an L. If our O gets in rythme were gonna be unstoppable on that side of the ball. 52 points & 600 yards WITHOUT Richards.

You don't know what I am getting at??? Did you read the positively insane comments being made all through yesterday's first half? I agree that the defense requires adjustments, but the calls to fire Diaz and attacks on Kool are absurd. Not to mention the screams that Richt should be forced to give up the offensive coordinator job.

You don't know what I am getting at??? Did you read the positively insane comments being made all through yesterday's first half? I agree that the defense requires adjustments, but the calls to fire Diaz and attacks on Kool are absurd. Not to mention the screams that Richt should be forced to give up the offensive coordinator job.

Yes I know what you're getting at.

During yesterday’s first half against Toledo a large number of posters fired Richt, Diaz and put Coach Kool on notice when taking his defensive linemen to task. They also demoted Rosier and promoted various quarterbacks, along with a sundry list of other players.

52 points later and a touchdown called back makes the demoting of Richt, the offensive play caller and coordinator, a bit of a head scratcher. Had Richt put up…say…70 points would that have been enough to delay his demotion (or firing)? Additionally, it seems like only yesterday morning that Coaches Diaz and Kool were Gods, but now, based on the experts reviews, they couldn’t find employment with a youth league football team. I mention this because my son’s team is looking for a defensive coordinator and defensive line coach.

Question: are you Cats going to start flying your infamous banner plane air force demanding the firing of Coaches Diaz and Kool? Another question: is it copasetic to fly the fire a coach banner in the first half and then fly a banner in the second half hiring the same coach back? Can one assume that the first half/second half banner flying will also apply to the demoting of coaches/players and promoting them in the second half should you deem it to be appropriate?

Needless to say, but I am a novice in all this minute to minute firing and demoting people. So, if there’s a “Hurricanes Fire’em-Demote’em Guide” you could send to us rookies it would be helpful as it all appears to be absolutely insane to those of us with the untrained eyes. Thanking you in advance.

This is one of my all time favorite posts.

I don't disagree with the poor play in the first half, but my post deals with the hysterical calls to fire and demote everyone simply because of a team being out of rhythm after 3 weeks of inactivity and the other undeniable forces that had to steal away a lot of prep focus.

Don't take these clowns serious

Advertisement
TROLL ALERT

667.gif

Advertisement
Yes, good idea. Let's continue to focus on how the fans handled the first half and not the staff.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

What's interesting about all the chatter that occurred throughout and after the game was how Richt is not a great play-caller and some of you may be right regarding one quarter, but ****, the offense put up 52 points, even if it was against Toledo which has, at least this season, a poor defense.
The highest point total last year was versus Florida A&M, an FCS squad and they put up 52 versus a competitive FBS team, I think its safe to say Richt is beginning to understand his roster, and that's a great sign.

Regarding the defense, in particular the corners, I'm surprised they line up head up on the opposing player. The reason I say this is this, use the sideline as another defender! Line up inside shade particular if they line up splitting the numbers to the sideline, if they run vertical routes use your body to slowly begin to slide them to the sideline. Now if they play a "nasty" split (they are the isolated receiver in a 3-1 formation and split out tighter to the formation i.e., 3-5 yards from the OT) shade outside and slide them to your help, i.e. the safeties. Just found it strange that the CBs almost seemed like they didn't know where their help was, and if anything that is the most important thing about being a DB knowing where your help is to push the offensive player towards.

These are the things I question, just not sure what's going on with that defense. Personally I just think he's scared about his DBs getting burned and isn't dialing up his blitzes more often, because he's worried about DBs are gonna get hit deep.
Further to that, I think his defense is great against a pro-style offense vs spread offenses (which a lot of team have trouble with) he's weaker against.

Last edited:
Not questioning your team when they play like asss does not make you any more of a fan.

While we were getting our s.hit pushed in every week under Golden we would see a lot of ghey threads like this one.

Go back to sleep

Advertisement
Not questioning your team when they play like asss does not make you any more of a fan.

While we were getting our s.hit pushed in every week under Golden we would see a lot of ghey threads like this one.

Go back to sleep

It also does not make you or others any more of a fan to whine, moan, and bellow that all the coaches should be fired and countless players demoted due to the poor first half play of a team that was uprooted from their homes and practice facility and endured a forced layoff that anyone with an iota of football knowledge knows is a formula for disaster. By the way; for your edification, there was a second half played and the Canes put on a show, although still not at a level they will soon achieve due to the aforementioned layoff.

Great 17th post

Advertisement
Back