Sh'mar Kilby-Lane Rivals Update

Hallandale (FL) High School LB Sh'mar Kilby-Lane lists over 20 scholarship offers, including Miami.

-Says "I haven't really narrowed things down," "I'm still open. I'm getting ready to check out some schools - I'll visit Ohio State and Alabama in April and if my schedule allows I'll come to a Miami spring practice."

-Says he's talking regularly with Cane coaches.

-Says "They talk to me about family, coming to check out their practices, stuff like that,"

-He expects to narrow down his list during his senior season, and asked the odds UM makes his final cut said, "They have a good chance."

-What does he want in a school?

-Says "It's just pretty much basics," "I'll go to the schools, see if I'm confident with the environment, see how the school is and things like that."

-He says he expects to announce a final decision "probably during the season, somewhere in there."

http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1619639

Advertisement
LMAO @ "if my schedule allows I'll come to a Miami spring practice."

Dude is a beast, but seems like he's already got one foot out the door.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Here is a SFHS report on him from last fall.

http://sfhighschoolsports.com/2013/10/in-the-huddle-shmar-kilby-lane-hallandale/

Home / Writers / Larry Blustein / In The Huddle / In The Huddle: Sh’mar Kilby-Lane – Hallandale
In The Huddle: Sh’mar Kilby-Lane – Hallandale

Updated: October 25, 2013

PLAYER: Sh’mar Kilby-Lane
CLASS: 2015
POSITION: LB
SCHOOL: Hallandale
HEIGHT: 6-1
WEIGHT: 190

SCOUTING: After ranking him in the top 15 for the Class of 2015 this past spring, this is a prospect that is really starting to blow up. Lane is a hard-hitting, athletic football talent who was a one-time youth basketball standout and now has taken his athletic ability to the football field. Considered by his teammates as the player who could be nationally rated by his senior season, Lane is a player who can make a highlight reel in almost any game he takes part in. His speed, size and overall athleticism have separated him from the rest of the linebackers in the class.

CRYSTAL BALL: College coaches are now taking a strong look at one of Broward’s top players. Those who may have missed in the spring and summer are starting to really gain interest now.

"Miami better offer me the second I slide out of my Mom's womb....and if I have a second I'll come through and check out a practice or sum."

Well it's a good thing UM sent out a ton of offers at LB to OOS players that seem to respect the UM offer more than local kids.

Below is a NJ kid with a UM offer who is bigger and just as fast, that I like just as much as Kilby-lane.

[video=youtube_share;gMWVZZaUKF0]http://youtu.be/gMWVZZaUKF0[/video]

Advertisement
longshot he's heading OOS... OSU looking likely.

What the **** is OSU selling to these recruits this year?
Urbs being Urbs
106.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
So at LB we looking at Charles Perry (commit), Tevon Coney (gonna have to do work on him) and Ben Humphreys (we gotta hope Stanford doesn't offer).

Who else are we after?

Last edited:
I'm sure Urban Meyer's results on the field have nothing to do with kids in S FL wanting to play for him.

The Urban myth is a helluva lure.

I get it that people like plays on words, but Urban myth? I'd cut off one, possibly both of my nuts if it meant I'd see Urban tossing Golden and Doritos out the front door of the Hecht like Uncle Phil did to Jazz.

Advertisement
Back