Shemar Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard somewhere that Stoops have a clause in his contract where he makes more money after every 7-8 win seasons.

250k starts with the 9th win. Receives a one year extension when he hits 7 wins. Two year extension if he hits ten wins.

Advertisement
Bummer we had a shot with two of the kids in that screenshot if Manny wasnt such a disaster
Glimmer of.hope for me is at least he's not Bama bound. I think if we pull Mario's we still have a chance.

More crystal balls to Texas A&M. Ivins: "Things could get interesting if Miami makes a coaching change as I do think some in his family want him close to home, but seems like he really likes the folks in Collleg Station."
His family especially his mother would like him to stay home. If we make a good pick as next coach, he will come here.

More crystal balls to Texas A&M. Ivins: "Things could get interesting if Miami makes a coaching change as I do think some in his family want him close to home, but seems like he really likes the folks in Collleg Station."

Need to hurry up and get Mario here and we got a chance with Stewart & Kelly

Advertisement
It takes some special kind of money to leave Miami for College station.

That is a weird place.
What’s weird about it?
DecisiveDisastrousFirecrest-max-1mb.gif

SmoggySereneElver-size_restricted.gif

Advertisement
Need to hurry up and get Mario here and we got a chance with Stewart & Kelly
I'm not even concerned about getting those guys.

You have to ask yourself what impact would they have on the team in 2022? Would Stewart be a starter in 2022? Doubtful. I think you can get a quality DE in the portal that could equal the output of either guy in their freshman year.

We're going to have Chance Williams, Jahfari Harvey, and Elijah Robert's getting most of the DE playing time in 2022 and 2023. I expect Jabari Ishmael and Thomas Davis to take that next step and get some snaps in 2022, then more contribution in 2023. We should have all these guys thru the 2023 season.

So, missing on Stewart and Kelly won't hurt us. We just can't miss with the 2023 class.

Kelly is coming.... if we get a new coach, Stewart will come..he isn't signing till February anyway.. thats should let fans knw he really wants to be here

Kelly had a pretty alarming quote recently. I’m paraphrasing but basically said our DE’s haven’t put up numbers this year. Yes, that should be easy to nullify and we should be able to emphasize that this year is the first year our DE’s havent thrived numbers wise hence why we need/want him so bad but we seem to have trouble recruiting DL this cycle so ...

Advertisement
J J - I don't think ever had a top ten class in his early years: how many professionals are in the NFL, from programs that don't even sniff top ten. The process is to identify the diamonds in the rough, then developed them into a finish project.

J J - I don't think ever had a top ten class in his early years: how many professionals are in the NFL, from programs that don't even sniff top ten. The process is to identify the diamonds in the rough, then developed them into a finish project.
The accessibility to film and the accessibility to coaches and recruiting staffs via social media make diamonds in the rough extremely difficult to hide.
Add to that the 7 on 7 tournaments where everyone is carrying a 4K camera in their pocket and you see why the way we recruited almost 40 years ago isn’t gonna happen anymore.

Yes there are some kids that fall through the cracks. And there are also some kids that have growth spurts or develop physically later. Case in point Antonio Brown or Khalil Mack or Josh Norman.
But to say your gonna build a championship team like that again is literally impossible in today’s game.

Advertisement
The accessibility to film and the accessibility to coaches and recruiting staffs via social media make diamonds in the rough extremely difficult to hide.
Add to that the 7 on 7 tournaments where everyone is carrying a 4K camera in their pocket and you see why the way we recruited almost 40 years ago isn’t gonna happen anymore.

Yes there are some kids that fall through the cracks. And there are also some kids that have growth spurts or develop physically later. Case in point Antonio Brown or Khalil Mack or Josh Norman.
But to say your gonna build a championship team like that again is literally impossible in today’s game.
Interesting because the transfer portal is full of mistakes:

Interesting because the transfer portal is full of mistakes:
This is an ongoing conversation that never ends.
Nobody in the past 12 years has reached the playoffs without being tops in recruiting.
Clemson was the exception due mostly because of 2 exceptional qb’s.
Notre Dame just because they are notre dame. But it’s not like they recruited horribly.

As far as the transfer portal goes you win some you lose some. Michigan state just worked us with a bunch.
Just because we haven’t landed the best players in the portal doesn’t mean it doesn’t work.
Bama got the best 2 players.
Ohio state got Justin Fileds.
We got 2 good defensive ends.
It’s not 100percent.
Nothing is.
But the players that go to the frontrunners are usually good evals and talent that isnt hiding under a rock.

Again, you aren’t building a playoff team full of low rated players in today’s cfb.

I was about to post this , If it’s Mario I think we could land him. If he puts his recruitment off until the late signing it’ll mean he’s waiting to see. AM is the obviously answer if it’s not Miami. Always has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back