Shemar Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why Simpson appears to struggle in recruiting. Dude was the MAN of HS football in UGA, he can still prob walk into a lot of homes and be highly respected, then coached in the NFL for a little so he has (1) a ton of experience in dealing with, and being around HS kids, knowing what motivates them and what does not, how to connect to diff personality types etc.; and (2) has NFL coaching experience he can sell when kids ask about development. It also does not look like an effort issue as with Kul who just did not like the recruiting aspect of it. With those two things in his favor the word about him struggling to recruit confuses me.
He just isn't cut out for it some guys have it it's a gift. Doesn't matter where your from u can be from the north pole and be able to have that personality to sell. Kids want that connection or bags....they want to play for someone they can be cool with. When u hear TRob talk u know why kids like him his personality oozes good vibes.

Advertisement
We’re not going to get these kids consistently until we start winning and lookin good on the field. End of story

We were lucky to get JW and LT last year and we’re already ******* it up by not playing LT enough

Manny had a shot if only he could win, because I think he can sell the program he just sucks at actually leading it and coaching

So I’m sure his “pitch” to top tier recruits doesn’t have much juice left

Another reason we need a change. The manny story has ran its course

Advertisement
Advertisement
Has anyone bothered watching the Pace-STA film? I watched the game but didn’t watch the video afterwards, but it looked to me like Armella dominated Stewart.

A friend whose son played against Pace last season said that Stewart looks the part (first guy off the bus type), but wasn’t a very good player.

I hope he signs with us, but, based on what I saw and what a friend told me, this kid might be a lot of hype.

Never understood why that was the sentiment. Not even trying to be a smart ***. Why is he regarded as this universally great coach?

I do not know for sure but there were a lot of "pieces" there. Dude came from one of the best HS programs. Kept it at an elite winning level (170-12 or something crazy like that) for like over a decade, dude was legit a GA HS Coach legend. Comes here for a year and our DL was a lot better with gap integrity and assignment football, ranked very high in a lot of categories that mattered. We know the d scheme is utter chaos but we have all seen what happens when all 4 of our guys are flying up field. after he left is when we saw more undisciplined play. Also, after only a year he got hired to go be D line coach for the Falcons, seemed like a perfect gig for him, home state, NFL, he career trajectory def seemed "up" then due to a regime change, he lost his position. His group was top 10 ranked so it was not a productivity issue, more so new head man brings in his guys hard to keep old guys around. Then he came back to the U

I do not know for sure but there were a lot of "pieces" there. Dude came from one of the best HS programs. Kept it at an elite winning level (170-12 or something crazy like that) for like over a decade, dude was legit a GA HS Coach legend. Comes here for a year and our DL was a lot better with gap integrity and assignment football, ranked very high in a lot of categories that mattered. We know the d scheme is utter chaos but we have all seen what happens when all 4 of our guys are flying up field. after he left is when we saw more undisciplined play. Also, after only a year he got hired to go be D line coach for the Falcons, seemed like a perfect gig for him, home state, NFL, he career trajectory def seemed "up" then due to a regime change, he lost his position. His group was top 10 ranked so it was not a productivity issue, more so new head man brings in his guys hard to keep old guys around. Then he came back to the U
Okay yeah I was legit asking I didn’t know where the rep came from. Knew he was a HS legend but that doesn’t always translate. I thought maybe he had some proof of his production as far as developing kids somewhere I didn’t know about

He did do well the first time here as a coach and then got an NFL job. IIRC, Kul was better with the pass rush. Simpson was better with gap integrity in stopping the run. I don’t think either are recruiters.
I am sure I read that his NFL experience was going to make him an ace recruiter. Isht happens, just highlighting how far from real world validated our narratives can be. I doubt many people were worried about DL recruiting last spring. I myself was lured into the belief he'd recruit, and I'm usually skeptical about most things recruiting. Narratives are alluring when they align with your hopes and the proof is months away. The lesson is that the Missouri rule should always be applied around this program until proven otherwise.

Advertisement
Be surprised if it’s not the Aggie’s

Depressing

Btw, how tf do they not have a backup QB better than that kid? He looks like a dear in headlights every snap. I was thinking about heading down to CS for the Bama game since we have a bye that weekend but not if that kid is playing, pointless.

Depressing

Btw, how tf do they not have a backup QB better than that kid? He looks like a dear in headlights every snap. I was thinking about heading down to CS for the Bama game since we have a bye that weekend but not if that kid is playing, pointless.
If I remember correctly someone transferred out, they missed on the two Katy QB’s last year and and couldn’t get kaidon salter on board so they went with eli stowers but still he’s a true freshman and he’s very raw

Advertisement
Okay yeah I was legit asking I didn’t know where the rep came from. Knew he was a HS legend but that doesn’t always translate. I thought maybe he had some proof of his production as far as developing kids somewhere I didn’t know about
He got a lotttt of credit for Gerald Willis. Not only keeping his head on (relatively) straight but dude was a man child that year. Other than that, he was only here a year, not much to develop. But our line was good and played sound ball then he got poached to the NFL it was more general optics than specific examples, again just my opinion on why so many were cool with him coming back.

Also if his bio is to be believed, he played at Auburn and then was a GA under Pat Dye and Terry Bowden. He then went to High school ball, spent a year at Georgia State as D line coach/assistant head coach in 2016, spent a year with the falcons in an off field/support coaching roll in 2017, then came to miami in 18, then back to atlanta in 19 and 20 as D line coach, and back to us in 21.

our best recruiters going forward should be Williams, Kinchens, Taylor, Brinson, Restrepo etc etc...these guys need to take ownership of the program and get the ******* out. We need these guys to do what the graduating class of 2000 did for the Canes. And a new head coach would be nice.

Go Canes?

He got a lotttt of credit for Gerald Willis. Not only keeping his head on (relatively) straight but dude was a man child that year. Other than that, he was only here a year, not much to develop. But our line was good and played sound ball then he got poached to the NFL it was more general optics than specific examples, again just my opinion on why so many were cool with him coming back.

Also if his bio is to be believed, he played at Auburn and then was a GA under Pat Dye and Terry Bowden. He then went to High school ball, spent a year at Georgia State as D line coach/assistant head coach in 2016, spent a year with the falcons in an off field/support coaching roll in 2017, then came to miami in 18, then back to atlanta in 19 and 20 as D line coach, and back to us in 21.
It’s hard to believe anyone other than the Lord was responsible for Willis. Just god given. Besides Willis my question was always who else?

Depressing

Man A&M looks like Dog**** considering there was championship talk. Colorado gave that game away, they should be 2-2. Kinda surprised on the QB situation as well, they shoulda took a transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back