Shemar Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
To me it’s not even just that ; living in Ohio I realized the majority of people here don’t ever leave the state outside of a quick vacation...There’s just a culture of being encouraged to stay home while these SFLA coaches literally do the opposite
Oh trust I learned that a long time ago when LeBron came here and how much arrogance they had up there. It was like in their eyes Ohio was a Godsend and how dare you leave us? Sure that's admirable but there's way more then just that state. The attitude of convincing kids to leave here though has always ****ed me off but it won't change so I've given up

Advertisement
To me it’s not even just that ; living in Ohio I realized the majority of people here don’t ever leave the state outside of a quick vacation...There’s just a culture of being encouraged to stay home while these SFLA coaches literally do the opposite
Honestly not true. I’m from Ohio too and the state is in population decline. People are actually leaving in droves.

Honestly not true. I’m from Ohio too and the state is in population decline. People are actually leaving in droves.
Was actually looking into Ohio to purchase some investment properties and read that yesterday about the population decline.

Do you know why?

Was actually looking into Ohio to purchase some investment properties and read that yesterday about the population decline.

Do you know why?
I think the Black population is declining in each of the major cities (Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati) as each face gentrification and then some of it is job displacement from closing down of factories across the state. Lot of people moving south.

Advertisement
Oh trust I learned that a long time ago when LeBron came here and how much arrogance they had up there. It was like in their eyes Ohio was a Godsend and how dare you leave us? Sure that's admirable but there's way more then just that state. The attitude of convincing kids to leave here though has always ****ed me off but it won't change so I've given up
Completely and totally off base here, but you're entitled to your opinion.

I think the Black population is declining in each of the major cities (Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati) as each face gentrification and then some of it is job displacement from closing down of factories across the state. Lot of people moving south.
That's true regardless of the race and city. No Midwestern city is experiencing a population boom. Now for African Americans, it may be due to the belief that it's now safe to swim in KKK-infested waters.

I went for a game. College Station is awful. It's in the middle of no where. Clemson sucks too . At least Greenville is close.

About 20 years ago I was a college student in College Station visiting my older cousin for his graduation. We both had too much tequila at some disgusting college bar (imagine if Tavern and Round Up had a ******* child that they both hated, refused to support, and shipped off to Mexico for "finishing school"). I knew I was done and started walking towards the men's room, but there was a line. By then I was near the back of the bar and knew I wouldn't make it outside in time. I remember thinking I was about to embarrass myself, when I saw a large, plastic garbage can a few feet away from me (near a wall but still clearly in the bar area). I made my way over and got that Mexican poison out of my system. When I looked down I quickly realized I was definitely not the only person to vomit in that bucket that night. It was 100% the bar's vomit can.

Nobody in the bar said a word or raised an eyebrow. None of the servers cut me off or called a bouncer. Once I was done, I got back in line for the men's room, washed off my face, had a beer with my cousin, and we stumbled back to his place. That's College Station.

Advertisement
About 20 years ago I was a college student in College Station visiting my older cousin for his graduation. We both had too much tequila at some disgusting college bar (imagine if Tavern and Round Up had a ******* child that they both hated, refused to support, and shipped off to Mexico for "finishing school"). I knew I was done and started walking towards the men's room, but there was a line. By then I was near the back of the bar and knew I wouldn't make it outside in time. I remember thinking I was about to embarrass myself, when I saw a large, plastic garbage can a few feet away from me (near a wall but still clearly in the bar area). I made my way over and got that Mexican poison out of my system. When I looked down I quickly realized I was definitely not the only person to vomit in that bucket that night. It was 100% the bar's vomit can.

Nobody in the bar said a word or raised an eyebrow. None of the servers cut me off or called a bouncer. Once I was done, I got back in line for the men's room, washed off my face, had a beer with my cousin, and we stumbled back to his place. That's College Station.
Sometimes you just gotta puke and rally

If I was a major football recruit (like Shemar) and I had the goal to play in the NFL, what kind of town I chose for college ball wouldn't even be in the scenario for me to consider. Scheme, competition, the college staff's track record of getting NFL, playing time, and national exposure. I wouldn't give two left ********s where the kind of town the college was in, how pretty the campus is, or what hobbies I could do while not in school or on the field.

And as a fan, I don't want players who consider the kind of town or the hobbies he could do while not in the classroom or off the field. I want dudes who take care of their business and want success later because that means they will put in the work now in order to set themselves up for that success.

Just win and they will come. Desperately need the season to start
When will y'all learn it's not about wins....day is brutal and they get kids. Saban first year bama sucked and they got a too 5 class. It's never about wins bruh recruiting is an entirely different field.

Advertisement
When will y'all learn it's not about wins....day is brutal and they get kids. Saban first year bama sucked and they got a too 5 class. It's never about wins bruh recruiting is an entirely different field.
And when will y’all learn it’s not all about bags.

Saban was a national champion coach with a proven NFL/NCAA track record when he took over at Alabama.

Day had the credibility and foundation that urban had built and handed to him. That coaching staff didn’t really change and it allowed them to not skip a beat when he took over. There was no building of a Culture and they had top notch facilities/infrastructure in place.

kids want to play somewhere that has a solid foundation and consistency in their culture/program.

I know it’s easy to scream bags bags bags and it makes Miami fans sleep easier at night because they don’t have the face the reality that we look like a joke compared to top programs. We are improving. But look at the last 10 years. 4 different head coaches, countless system turnover on offense and defense, **** facilities except for the last 2 years, and a questionable at best culture (see Tracy Howard’s interview).

If Miami strings together another solid season with WINS, it demonstrates that we are building a solid foundation and culture which we haven’t shown to recruits since the butch days.

And when will y’all learn it’s not all about bags.

Saban was a national champion coach with a proven NFL/NCAA track record when he took over at Alabama.

Day had the credibility and foundation that urban had built and handed to him. That coaching staff didn’t really change and it allowed them to not skip a beat when he took over. There was no building of a Culture and they had top notch facilities/infrastructure in place.

kids want to play somewhere that has a solid foundation and consistency in their culture/program.

I know it’s easy to scream bags bags bags and it makes Miami fans sleep easier at night because they don’t have the face the reality that we look like a joke compared to top programs. We are improving. But look at the last 10 years. 4 different head coaches, countless system turnover on offense and defense, **** facilities except for the last 2 years, and a questionable at best culture (see Tracy Howard’s interview).

If Miami strings together another solid season with WINS, it demonstrates that we are building a solid foundation and culture which we haven’t shown to recruits since the butch days.
This is a good post I can't argue with. Respect the opinion and alot of it is facts as well. We then should of hired a track record proven HC. I like what he's doing lately but he's still not on the pace of the big dogs in terms of snagging house hold names and identifying and closing in on the identified studs. He's done better but DL LB and OL are huge weaknesses IMO.

This is a good post I can't argue with. Respect the opinion and alot of it is facts as well. We then should of hired a track record proven HC. I like what he's doing lately but he's still not on the pace of the big dogs in terms of snagging house hold names and identifying and closing in on the identified studs. He's done better but DL LB and OL are huge weaknesses IMO.
Mutual respect man. Richt was handed a bag of diarrhea and Diaz was handed a bag of ****.

I agree we should have went with a more proven coach. Remember the vibe we had going when Richt was announced and the kids he got to visit? Kids want to play for proven coaches.

Program definitely needs credibility which I think Trob and Simpson help give us now. We had zero nfl experienced coaches on our staff for like 5 years straight there. “You’re going to go play safety for a guy who was a bartender 4 years ago?” Nothing against Banda, but that’s how people talk. For the last 17 years or so all these SFL kids/parents have heard and seen about Miami is what a joke this program is…it’s going to take more time to rebuild that trust and foundation we once had.

I really hope Miami and Diaz knock it out of the park this year because we cannot afford to have our fifth coach in 11 years.

Mutual respect man. Richt was handed a bag of diarrhea and Diaz was handed a bag of ****.

I agree we should have went with a more proven coach. Remember the vibe we had going when Richt was announced and the kids he got to visit? Kids want to play for proven coaches.

Program definitely needs credibility which I think Trob and Simpson help give us now. We had zero nfl experienced coaches on our staff for like 5 years straight there. “You’re going to go play safety for a guy who was a bartender 4 years ago?” Nothing against Banda, but that’s how people talk. For the last 17 years or so all these SFL kids/parents have heard and seen about Miami is what a joke this program is…it’s going to take more time to rebuild that trust and foundation we once had.

I really hope Miami and Diaz knock it out of the park this year because we cannot afford to have our fifth coach in 11 years.
We need Manny to succeed .....I do hope he lets go of the defense next season because I think they are really bad against good teams under him. They never addressed the inside of the defense. That middle area is weak and I hope it doesn't get exploited by bama and UNC. I just want us to play respectable vs bama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back