Shemar Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opa Locka (Fla.) Monsignor Pace five-star defensive lineman Shemar Stewart made what some inside his camp would consider one of his biggest visits to date on Tuesday as he toured Georgia for the first time while on a road trip with some of his high school teammates.

"It was great," Stewart told 247Sports when reached by phone. "It's a great campus with great facilities. Overall it was amazing."

Stewart, who the industry-generated 247Sports Composite pegs as the nation's No. 7 overall recruit in the class of 2022, spent most of the day hanging around UGA defensive coordinator Dan Lanning, who he crossed paths with last week down at FIU.

"He told me that he could really use me and showed me how he wants to use me," Stewart said.

Stewart also got to shake hands with Kirby Smart for the first time.

"He's a great dude," Stewart of Smart.

Stewart isn't sure when he will get back to Athens, but confirmed that the Bulldogs are in line to receive and official visit from him at some point during the season.

"I mean they are definitely in the top five," Stewart said.

Stewart took and official visit to LSU two weeks ago. He has also been to Miami three times since the NCAA lifted its recruiting dead period on June 1 and made additional stops at Ohio State, Florida and Notre Dame.

While Stewart isn't planning to release that "top five" anytime soon, it sounds like the Buckeyes, Hurricanes and Bulldogs should be viewed as contenders moving forward in the recruitment.

Stewart raved about Ohio State this past weekend at the Future 50 after getting a chance to work with assistant Larry Johnson.

"It's D-line U," Stewart said.

Stewart also seems to be pretty comfortable with the players and coaches at Miami, which in turn is why he's spending so much time in Coral Gables.

"I have known [James Williams] since he was at Pace," Stewart said in reference to the five-star safety that signed with UM last cycle.

Texas A&M is another school Stewart has talked about taking an official visit to recently.

Stewart is listed at 6-foot-5, 260 pounds. He is coming off a junior season in which he missed a number of games due to a sprained AC joint and a severe bone bruise in his knee.
LOL raves about Ohio state but just like Miami cuz he knows James? We all heard the Ohio state interview dawg come on

Advertisement
Opa Locka (Fla.) Monsignor Pace five-star defensive lineman Shemar Stewart made what some inside his camp would consider one of his biggest visits to date on Tuesday as he toured Georgia for the first time while on a road trip with some of his high school teammates.

"It was great," Stewart told 247Sports when reached by phone. "It's a great campus with great facilities. Overall it was amazing."

Stewart, who the industry-generated 247Sports Composite pegs as the nation's No. 7 overall recruit in the class of 2022, spent most of the day hanging around UGA defensive coordinator Dan Lanning, who he crossed paths with last week down at FIU.

"He told me that he could really use me and showed me how he wants to use me," Stewart said.

Stewart also got to shake hands with Kirby Smart for the first time.

"He's a great dude," Stewart of Smart.

Stewart isn't sure when he will get back to Athens, but confirmed that the Bulldogs are in line to receive and official visit from him at some point during the season.

"I mean they are definitely in the top five," Stewart said.

Stewart took and official visit to LSU two weeks ago. He has also been to Miami three times since the NCAA lifted its recruiting dead period on June 1 and made additional stops at Ohio State, Florida and Notre Dame.

While Stewart isn't planning to release that "top five" anytime soon, it sounds like the Buckeyes, Hurricanes and Bulldogs should be viewed as contenders moving forward in the recruitment.

Stewart raved about Ohio State this past weekend at the Future 50 after getting a chance to work with assistant Larry Johnson.

"It's D-line U," Stewart said.

Stewart also seems to be pretty comfortable with the players and coaches at Miami, which in turn is why he's spending so much time in Coral Gables.

"I have known [James Williams] since he was at Pace," Stewart said in reference to the five-star safety that signed with UM last cycle.

Texas A&M is another school Stewart has talked about taking an official visit to recently.

Stewart is listed at 6-foot-5, 260 pounds. He is coming off a junior season in which he missed a number of games due to a sprained AC joint and a severe bone bruise in his knee.
I've said it before ans I'll say it again this **** ain't for the weak and if you're a fan who gets ****y and talk big when we have a kid on lock but get scared during battle you're not built for this but I know I'm ready

Question on the "bags" excuse. So when we get kids like Taylor and Williams (5 stars the SEC wants) does this mean they are "bag proof"?

Enlighten me how this bag thing works so I don't just think it is hollered every time a Bama beats us for a recruit, tell me that's not the reason why.

Tell me them putting kids in the NFL every draft for millions and playing in packed houses on National TV for conference and national championships means nothing to the kids, just "bags" is all that matters?

/it's not
No and if you want to DM me personally I would get into more detail with you. What people don’t understand is that these kids have had money thrown at them since probably sophomore year and told what said university can “do for time”. It started at least with canes fans in the mid 2000’s and that when this kind of stuff has been prevalent on the board. The way the good ones work is that it’s usually run through a system that collects donations (non-profit, churches, fundraisers, etc) because it goes as a write off for the person giving it out so they’re “protected” OR a booster system separate for the school(these are what are caught). A lot of the kids they’re recruiting would make it at Tulane and outside of places like Texas, Miami, USC, and Ohio State that are in legitimate metro cities all these schools are in the middle of boon **** nowhere where the real difference is the type of tree. The NIL makes it easier to say no though because it’s not like these kids are making killings at these schools. Just for reference, it’s rumored that Justin Fields got about 400,000. What we’re seeing right now is that kids aren’t going to have to go to Bama anymore to make some money of their name per say and they know it. As of 5 years ago, there would be no way Shemar would be coming here. We don’t have the structure to be able to do this and wouldn’t be able to offer them anything back then.

Just so that you understand how “into it” these towns are. My brother’s now fiancé went to Bama and was there for I believe 5 years or so. My little bro was probably up there once of month and he will personally tell you that he’s been in restaurants in Tuscaloosa, seen a table’s worth of Bama players that were even walk ons and the restaurant covered the table. All they would say was “we good” or something of that nature and the manager, owner or whoever was in charge would say “yes”.

Advertisement
The evolution of Dwinstitles might be Manny’s best job to date.

I agree with you though. Progress is being made, just need to see it bear fruit in some big games.
I understand a losing season this year like 4 losses i get it, just recruit monsters and im fine with the process. U cant rent trob for one year

Advertisement
I understand a losing season this year like 4 losses i get it, just recruit monsters and im fine with the process. U cant rent trob for one year
Yep. I want Trob here for years man. You gotta stack classes and that takes time. Need 2 more monster classes to get up there with the big boys and get some momentum to keep the top 10 classes rolling in.

Some people just really don't get it. I attended Auburn in the mid 90's. Was friends with a number of football players. Kids were getting paid just to visit back then.
And one of Auburns Boosters who I knew fairly well is Cash Moore...Who owns Cash's on Okaloosa Island in Fort Walton Bch....I know for a fact Auburn players were taken care of...

Rivals has an article up this morning on Shemar. They spoke to his coach- Mario Perez- about his recruitment and where Miami fits in.

- Perez says he loves Miami, loves the guys. Has relationships with not just James Williams but has developed one with Jake Garcia. He goes on to say that he has a comfort level with the guys at Miami and if he could go hang out with them every day he would.

- Perez says that people shouldn't read too much into that. He says Shemar will go wherever he feels will benefit his future the most.
"It's like The Bachelor, right?" Perez said. "You have 40 beautiful women and you fall in love 40 times, but you only get to pick one at the end."

-The Pace team is on a tour that takes them to FSU today, Clemson tomorrow, South Carolina on Friday and Alabama on Saturday.
(they were at UGA yesterday and UF on Monday)

-Perez says he doesn't anticipate Shemar making any decisions soon.
"When I have had conversations with him he has indicated to me his decision will be at the earliest December, and in all likelihood it will go all the way to the end (signing day)," Perez said.

Going to be a long recruitment. Maybe.

Last edited:
Rivals has an article up this morning on Shemar. They spoke to his coach- Mario Perez- about his recruitment and where Miami fits in.

- Perez says he loves Miami, loves the guys. Has relationships with not just James Williams but has developed one with Jake Garcia. He goes on to say that he has a comfort level with the guys at Miami and if he could go hang out with them every day he would.

- Perez says that people shouldn't read too much into that. He says Shemar will go wherever he feels will benefit his future the most.
"It's like The Bachelor, right?" Perez said. "You have 40 beautiful women and you fall in love 40 times, but you only get to pick one at the end."

-The Pace team is on a tour that takes them to FSU today, Clemson tomorrow, South Carolina on Friday and Alabama on Saturday.

"When I have had conversations with him he has indicated to me his decision will be at the earliest December, and in all likelihood it will go all the way to the end (signing day)," Perez said.

Be interested to hear what Coach Perez had to say after he’s done with his Brinks tour....apologies I meant bus tour

Advertisement
Do these kids like doing all this traveling? It sure seems like they are being used to a degree.

Also Ivins is pushing this UGA narrative hard with Shemar IMO, but I guess it’s his job to get those views and clicks.

Last edited:

This guy is probably a big proponent of Shemar elongated his decision process, seems like he likes the attention.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back