Shemar Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question on the "bags" excuse. So when we get kids like Taylor and Williams (5 stars the SEC wants) does this mean they are "bag proof"?

Enlighten me how this bag thing works so I don't just think it is hollered every time a Bama beats us for a recruit, tell me that's not the reason why.

Tell me them putting kids in the NFL every draft for millions and playing in packed houses on National TV for conference and national championships means nothing to the kids, just "bags" is all that matters?

/it's not

Advertisement
Not implying it is on as if I’m more worried about UGA or feel less confident about our chances with him, but a school missing out on some local priorities at the same position, especially a school like UGA, I do expect some desperate type moves going forward from them. JMO
You’re not wrong. UGA only recruits using those tactics from the beginning tho tbh

Question on the "bags" excuse. So when we get kids like Taylor and Williams (5 stars the SEC wants) does this mean they are "bag proof"?

Enlighten me how this bag thing works so I don't just think it is hollered every time a Bama beats us for a recruit, tell me that's not the reason why.

Tell me them putting kids in the NFL every draft for millions and playing in packed houses on National TV for conference and national championships means nothing to the kids, just "bags" is all that matters?

/it's not

Good luck getting the answer to that. I’ve been asking that question for 5+ years. When we lose kids to UGA/Bama/LSU etc its bags, 1000%. But only the kids we sign that were wanted by those schools, those are the only kids that don’t care about bags apparently.

RVA says go check that hole Gump.
Pipe down Mrs. Diaz, that laundry doesn't wash itself

hot dogs GIF

Advertisement
The UGA 247 board is convinced the commitment wont stick anyway. After all, who would pick USC over them???
And it looks like they are about to lose another guy to USC too…. they don’t care as much about him…

Good luck getting the answer to that. I’ve been asking that question for 5+ years. When we lose kids to UGA/Bama/LSU etc its bags, 1000%. But only the kids we sign that were wanted by those schools, those are the only kids that don’t care about bags apparently.

The bag excuse does get tossed around wayyyy too much but you can't answer with a blanket statement. Some kids (or the parents,. uncle whoever) openly shop for bags. If you can play, certain schools are known for meeting those demands. That is just one example.

You could also have a kid legit torn between two schools and maybe one offers some extra cash to sway his decision.

There are also some kids that do not want to risk the bag nonsense and will pick a school based on development. UM over the last 10 years has made it EASIER for schools to cherry pick the area because of the product we put on the field. To say its all bags, or its all development is not, and will never be accurate. Its a blend of the two.

Look, it's very simple. Not all kids are motivated by the same things.

Nor is "every explanation" about bags. But there have been well-connected insiders (who have provided accurate information on other recruits) who have provided specific information on specific recruits in specific dollar amounts.

If you want to think that is "excuses", that is your choice. But to act as if the inconsistency of motivation by recruits "disproves" the existence of bags is just incorrect.

And that doesn't even address the generalized impact of bags, when there are kids who WANT to get paid, and so they chase SEC offers and don't even bother to consider UM.

The UGA 247 board is convinced the commitment wont stick anyway. After all, who would pick USC over them???
And it looks like they are about to lose another guy to USC too…. they don’t care as much about him…

USC has never paid a player, right?

I love it when fans at certain SEC schools clutch their pearls and start whining about all those OTHER horrible bag schools...

Advertisement
The bag excuse does get tossed around wayyyy too much but you can't answer with a blanket statement. Some kids (or the parents,. uncle whoever) openly shop for bags. If you can play, certain schools are known for meeting those demands. That is just one example.

You could also have a kid legit torn between two schools and maybe one offers some extra cash to sway his decision.

There are also some kids that do not want to risk the bag nonsense and will pick a school based on development. UM over the last 10 years has made it EASIER for schools to cherry pick the area because of the product we put on the field. To say its all bags, or its all development is not, and will never be accurate. Its a blend of the two.
The "bag excuse" or "bag game" with Cane fans started with Patrick Johnson (Peterson) back in 2008 and it just got WAY out of hand since. (Yes, bags were around way before him but he is absolutely the beginning of when we started hearing about kids getting paid by the SEC from down here by inside handlers and sources..)

Do some players get paid? Absolutely. But ive seen fans on here saying that 4* guys were getting bags and thats laughable at best! You would think its SMU from the 80s all over again with their full accounting ledger of guys on the team getting paid if you let some of our fans tell it. Smh. lol

Advertisement
FWIW - UGA just lost a guy they felt very good about to USC. Mykel Williams. 5 star DL. It seems like that will now redirect their efforts more than ever to Shemar Stewart. Stewart on campus there with Pace teammates today.
By efforts, are you insinuating funds intended for Williams will be redirected to Mr. Stewart?

Advertisement
The "bag excuse" or "bag game" with Cane fans started with Patrick Johnson (Peterson) back in 2008 and it just got WAY out of hand since. (Yes, bags were around way before him but he is absolutely the beginning of when we started hearing about kids getting paid by the SEC from down here by inside handlers and sources..)

Do some players get paid? Absolutely. But ive seen fans on here saying that 4* guys were getting bags and thats laughable at best! You would think its SMU from the 80s all over again with their full accounting ledger of guys on the team getting paid if you let some of our fans tell it. Smh. lol
ehhh wouldn't be so sure about that boss. I personally know some 4* kids that got paid, also how do you explain this:

LSU paid 180k to not even a top 150 recruit Vadal Alexander's father.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back