Shemar Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree... also Landing Taylor and Williams last year was huge...
I don’t think people understand how important it is to land players like this that are from South Florida. Taking a visit to other programs with other elite recruits that are from out of state, that you don’t know, that you’ve never had even a conversation with isn’t the same as coming down and seeing players that are already committed to a program that are from your home town that were recruited by all the big dogs but they decided to stay.
if we land Stewart and some of the other elite local kids for this cycle the impact cannot be overstated enough.
It’s one thing to see someone’s high school tape and then going to visit with them but it’s one thing to have actually played against him and you know for a fact how good they are and they’re all gonna be on your squad.
Imagine a local kid next year coming in for an official visit and seeing on the roster Taylor Williams Kinchens Branson Blisainthe Laythan Tarber Kelly Armella.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Just gonna say... maybe it's Covid and these kids can't take visits, or maybe it's this staff... but recruiting feels different lately. Better.

Can't tell you exactly why, but it's different.

Just seems like in past years, there were always South Florida kids who were 5-stars who you just knew were going to go to Alabama or Auburn or Georgia or some **** like that, and we were getting the second tier. I'm talking about kids like Jeudy, Jobe, Sonny Michel, just a lot of years like that. And you knew Miami would not be back anytime soon because we were always getting a lesser caliber kid.

Well that doesn't seem to be happening as much these days. Yeah there was that OL Tate last year and I'm sure there's a few more, but it seems like we're in the running for so many more of these top kids.... like I said I don't know if it's because the bagman at Alabama is stuck at home in quarantine or if our staff has finally figured out how to recruit, but it does feel different. At least to me.

They're doing a good job IMO.

Just gonna say... maybe it's Covid and these kids can't take visits, or maybe it's this staff... but recruiting feels different lately. Better.

Can't tell you exactly why, but it's different.

Just seems like in past years, there were always South Florida kids who were 5-stars who you just knew were going to go to Alabama or Auburn or Georgia or some **** like that, and we were getting the second tier. I'm talking about kids like Jeudy, Jobe, Sonny Michel, just a lot of years like that. And you knew Miami would not be back anytime soon because we were always getting a lesser caliber kid.

Well that doesn't seem to be happening as much these days. Yeah there was that OL Tate last year and I'm sure there's a few more, but it seems like we're in the running for so many more of these top kids.... like I said I don't know if it's because the bagman at Alabama is stuck at home in quarantine or if our staff has finally figured out how to recruit, but it does feel different. At least to me.

They're doing a good job IMO.
I agree, will be interesting to hear from kids all over the country after they visits 4 or 5 schools in a span of a week, it does seem like Ish DVD and T-Rob have made a early impact in recruiting.

I saw this random guy play at UM for the Homecoming concert in 1992. He sang a song that I liked, and which might be appropriate to the current situation. I wonder what ever happened to him...

Baby, you know I mean this as respectfully as possible:

what the heck is wrong with you
It’s @TrumpyCane. Ever since he talked about getting high, I’ve had this urge to portray him in his raw, unfiltered state. He really is a nasty stuffed bear. You should see what he did with that purple alien.

Anyhow, I deleted it. It’s probably taking it too far for a stuffed bear.

Advertisement
go to bama for 3 to 4 years and never visit the school after you leave? or be apart of a family.
That **** is garbage no one goes there but Mark Ingram he's the only one ever on the sideline his weirdo ***. That Pitt rb going to be the squealer I can feel it.

Advertisement
Man, the 'We will never land this guy' crowd is really persistent here. I'm not saying it will be easy or it's a sure thing, but for heaven's sake we've got as good a chance as anyone. We signed a 5-star D lineman last year, we just had 2 D-linemen drafted in the first round, our defensive staff has some great recruiters, and we just had a very successful 2-day event that he clearly enjoyed. Why are some of us in the bathtub with the razor blades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back