Shemar Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had some of the most over rated top overall prospect tape since Mario Edwards

Had 8 sacks in his career there. For what was expected of him he was a bust. If there was a bigger one in between Smith and him I stand corrected

Advertisement
If you look at the UGA program as soon as the players get to the point that they can declare for the league, they all do no matter what. Look at Bama, Clemson, and even OSU, they seem to retain some of those players, even if it is a detriment to the player to stay.
This right here. They also manage to keep the players where they absolutely need them.
Saban wasn’t sure if Neal was eady to step up behind leatherwood so he stayed one more year. The only receiver Bama was gonna have that was elite was Waddle if both smith and Jeudy left. And if Najee left last year that wouldn’t be the same team without leatherwood smith and Harris.

Last years Clemson with that young oline and no Ettiene or Sunshine?

That Clemson defense if Williams and Lawrence left may not have won that natty.

That UGA team without Chub and Michel ain’t making the final game and maybe not even the playoffs.

I will say that Smith definitely benefited by staying but not Ettiene.

Advertisement
Gun to your head who is better? Kelly or stewart? Ignore the stars
I think Kelly may be the more polished player as of right now and could have an excellent college career, but in a year or two after getting some college coaching, I can see Stewart being talked about in the way that Kayvon Thibodeaux is being talked about as the possible best college defensive player.

Yup weird kid....

anothwr Jawja bust of a blue chip
Yeah he like oddly hated Richt for whatever reason. I wonder if Richt wasn't too high on him when he was at UGA, IIRC kid was from GA but played at IMG and went out of his way to try and bash us, it was odd.

Advertisement
I’m not sure, but Marvin Jones is clearly better than them all!
Vince Vaughn GIF

You think significantly better than Joe?

Guess I dont see it. Better yes. Joe was a very good athlete tho.

To me JP is a freak. Like you said a unicorn. Dont think Stewart is close to him. But what do I know
You guys are comparing apples and oranges. The question is athlete for what position.

JJ was a very good athlete but ultimately had some athletic shortcomings for DE. He was not powerful enough and had lean and power conversion issues. NFL OTs are a different breed. Phillips fit that position (DE) perfectly. Maybe TE also. Stewart looks like a 3-4 SDE prospect to me. Different type of role from JJ. More power potential, less long speed.

But the nfl is good at figuring out which edge guys have bend / lean / power conversion issues. JJ got dinged there. We’ll see on stewart it’s premature to discuss yet but looks like a solid nfl prospect coming out of HS.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bama, LSU and the rest of the $EC are gonna throw the kitchen sink at this kid. They are going to leave nothing on the table. Glad we got first crack but its going to be a long 6 months. Him coming was a positive step. Could have given us the ole' "Yeah naw, im good. I live like 10min from the campus so..you know..I can go and visit anytime I want." (eyes rolled)

This is the type of kid the SEC has been poaching for 10 years now. Would not hold my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back