Shemar Stewart Perspective

All due respect to Stewart and his handler I could care less what he/they think about anything. I’m glad Mario is more mature about it and willing to communicate with the handler going forward, but I find much of their relationship odd and the photo of them sleeping on the same bed in the TAM dorm room was disturbing.

I keep asking the same questions and probably will for 10 more years. Why do S Fla athletes seem to need handlers so much more than athletes from other parts of the country, including Metro Atlanta where there are likely similar rates for single parents homes?

Advertisement
unimpressed michael keaton GIF

All due respect to Stewart and his handler I could care less what he/they think about anything. I’m glad Mario is more mature about it and willing to communicate with the handler going forward, but I find much of their relationship odd and the photo of them sleeping on the same bed in the TAM dorm room was disturbing.

I keep asking the same questions and probably will for 10 more years. Why do S Fla athletes seem to need handlers so much more than athletes from other parts of the country, including Metro Atlanta where there are likely similar rates for single parents homes?
How much less could you care?

Advertisement

because the image of a life that is seemingly outside their reach based on education, resource, and circumstance is much more visible, and the differences much starker.

this means that because the aspiration so greatly exceeds the reality, they are uniquely susceptible to manipulation: "i will believe what i want to believe, and therefore, it makes it so."

sad, but true.

Good luck to the kid at 8&4 A2M. I always felt Jimbo was a creep. But with a handler like Moe, Shemar is used to it.

Level of poverty diffence...and DECADES of producing more athletes that go on to be professional than Metro Atlanta. Half of Metro Atlanta...arent from metro atlanta.

South Florida is the center of football recruiting and the best athletes in the country, also home to the most scammers as well it isnt as simple as single parent homes...there are those with BOTH parents with Handlers lol.

Its just a different demographic down here than it is anywhere else in the country.

Advertisement
Level of poverty diffence...and DECADES of producing more athletes that go on to be professional than Metro Atlanta. Half of Metro Atlanta...arent from metro atlanta.

South Florida is the center of football recruiting and the best athletes in the country, also home to the most scammers as well it isnt as simple as single parent homes...there are those with BOTH parents with Handlers lol.

Its just a different demographic down here than it is anywhere else in the country.

Good buddy of mine was tight with Brennan Carroll. Carroll was NRC here under Alf. Guy used to recruit LA. Said that he dealt with street agents and stuff in LA but it was nothing to what he saw in Miami - he said it was in another stratosphere.

Good buddy of mine was tight with Brennan Carroll. Carroll was NRC here under Alf. Guy used to recruit LA. Said that he dealt with street agents and stuff in LA but it was nothing to what he saw in Miami - he said it was in another stratosphere.
Theres no where else in the country that has had legitimate betting lines on 9 year olds youth football games. lol

ITS TOTALLY DIFFERENT HERE MAN

Poor Stewart. In a few months he’s going to wake up in the flat prairie of A&M and look out the window. It will be a full moon, with cold steel light illuminating random cows milling about. Aggie Cadet recruits will be fulfilling their duties by skewering dry cow pies with their sabers for collection, while at the same time being wary and on the lookout for pedestrian stepping on a blade of grass. A coyote, nay a pack of coyotes will howl. A mountain lion on the distance will roar.

He’ll back away from that window and sit on the bed. The warmth of Miami, the vibrancy and color will be gone, but for now can still be remembered. For now. And he’ll look at his phone, knowing that one call could make all of this right. If only the person, yes the coach on the other end was willing to pick up his call.

Advertisement

More poverty, crime, and talent to be wasted in So. Fla.

When Shemar/So. Fla. athletes do well everyone wins. And if they use a handlers/mentors to maximize opportunity, then more power to em. .

I know this feels like a big miss now. He would've been our highest ranked recruit in this class. And maybe he blows up at Texas A&M and becomes a big miss. But he might bust.

Look at the top recruit in our class since 2010:

2010 - Seantrel Henderson #1
2011 - Anthony Chickillo #22
2012 - Duke Johnson #20
2013 - AQM #48
2014 - Chad Thomas #25
2015 - Mark Walton #83
2016 - Sam Bruce #84
2017 - Jeff Thomas #40
2018 - Lorenzo Lingard #25
2019 - Jeremiah Payton #54
2020 - Avante Williams #45
2021 - Leonard Taylor #11
2022 - Cyrus Moss #69

Williams/Taylor/Moss are TBD. There's some nice players, but I think Duke Johnson is really the only guy who actually moved the needle for us in Wins & Losses.

My point is a class is bigger than any one recruit. Mario was able to get Top 100 guys like Moss/Kelly/Skinner - and it's usually that volume vs a single player that makes the difference. Just keep stacking.
I'd be curious to see your level of commitment here brother. So why don't we do this. Let's see the top 3 players each of those kids position coaches while with us had coached up at the college level. Signed them out of high school and coached up throughout college. I get underachievement. However I also know first hand how important it is to have teammates who hold you accountable(we haven't had a group of leaders here except a small handful forever) & coaches capable of getting the best out of you. As an administration and as a staff we've let down the kids who have signed with us for the last 18 years. Changing that,was the first step in getting the results out of the student athletes that we desire.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back