2022 Shemar Stewart goes A2M

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what’s wild?

TAMU signed 5 DLineman in 2019, 6 DL’s in last years class (1 5-star & five 4-stars) & already have 6 DL’s in this class.

Their top 4 starting DL’s were all Seniors this season & all the high ranked 4/5-star kids they signed from the 2019 & 2020 classes have barely played, but are slated to take over for all the Seniors who are going to the draft...

So for next year TAMU’s starting front will likely be:
- DE Fadil Diggs/ Jahzion Harris/ Marcus Burris/ Donnell Harris
- DT Shemar Turner/ Ardarious Jones/ Dallas Walker Jr/ Albert Regis
- DT McKinnley Jackson/ Isaiah Raikes/ Jordan Jefferson/ Jordan Johnson
- DE Tunmise Adeleye/ Elijah Jeudy/ RJ Orebo/

And none of that includes any of the TF’s from this 22 class, that’s literally all 2020/21 class signees.

Why the fck would any kid want to be the 7th DLineman in an already stacked class with a DL unit already on campus that’s FILLED with Freshmen & Sophomores???

Like at what point does your brain kick in & tell you, “You know this coach is telling me I’m gonna play early, but there’s like 14 people ahead of me, I wonder if he’s telling the truth?? 🤔

This should be a really easy sell for Miami, all Salave’a has to do, is show him TAMU’s depth chart & show him ours lol.
I read that January 21st he’s going back there. Not sure if it’s an official.
He might be playing the paper chase....

Advertisement
Last visit is so important with a kid like this who enjoys the attention. Roll the red carpet out and build the case of how he will be used!!!!

After losing several top prospects to fsu on signing day in 1993 - then uf coach Spurrier lamented on how fsu could sign so many hs all americans who all knew they would be sitting on the bench behind other all americ1q

Advertisement
I wouldn't make a depth chart pitch to the kid. We're either the best place for his optimal development, or we're not.

That's usually the angle with kids like this. This includes cash deliverables.

I'm sure he will get that pitch from salava'e . But all these kids want to play early... and it is doubtful a true freshman will play over 2 Classes worth of 4/5 star DL that already have 1-2 year head start with a college program and know the playbook when he can come here to Miami get great coaching and have an immediate impact.

I'm sure he will get that pitch from salava'e . But all these kids want to play early... and it is doubtful a true freshman will play over 2 Classes worth of 4/5 star DL that already have 1-2 year head start with a college program and know the playbook when he can come here to Miami get great coaching and have an immediate impact.
Agreed. Hope other people put it in his ear how unhappy he might be.

But, mainly because with such a logjam, TAMU will not give him the opportunities to develop to his max potential. Not because he is unable to rise through the depth chart, but because they've shown a trend of playing seniors, which would stunt Shemar's growth. In other words, everything has to tie back to Shemar's development. Immediate impact is less important than what immediate opportunities mean to his growth.

For three years, Aaron Rodgers sat behind Brett Favre. For a year, Patrick Mahomes sat behind Alex Smith. The majority of college DTs sit for a bit in college before they settle into their bodies. In fact, some of my research showed breakouts for DTs usually come between the end of their 2nd and 3rd seasons. These are all points against depth chart pitches.

However, we now provide a multiple defense where he'll get immediate opportunities under the tutelage of a DL coach who's walked the path of college DL to NFL himself. And, with more opportunities within our current depth chart, Shemar gets more 1 on 1 time and more feedback on his growth here than at TAMU or UGA. But, he better be ready to compete and show he's as good as he believes. Because we're going to recruit 4 just like him next season.

Advertisement
Tweeting high school kids is just creepy

Dont project guy who posts about high school kids on a message board. Whatever we can do to help land kids. Robert Marve mentioned how impressed he was with Miami fans all over social media when they showed love and affection same with Garcia . If u dont like it go read CNN instead of spending your time here cupcake.

Advertisement
Dont project guy who posts about high school kids on a message board. Whatever we can do to help land kids. Robert Marve mentioned how impressed he was with Miami fans all over social media when they showed love and affection same with Garcia . If u dont like it go read CNN instead of spending your time here cupcake.
1640723938888.gif

Advertisement
Agreed. Hope other people put it in his ear how unhappy he might be.

But, mainly because with such a logjam, TAMU will not give him the opportunities to develop to his max potential. Not because he is unable to rise through the depth chart, but because they've shown a trend of playing seniors, which would stunt Shemar's growth. In other words, everything has to tie back to Shemar's development. Immediate impact is less important than what immediate opportunities mean to his growth.

For three years, Aaron Rodgers sat behind Brett Favre. For a year, Patrick Mahomes sat behind Alex Smith. The majority of college DTs sit for a bit in college before they settle into their bodies. In fact, some of my research showed breakouts for DTs usually come between the end of their 2nd and 3rd seasons. These are all points against depth chart pitches.

However, we now provide a multiple defense where he'll get immediate opportunities under the tutelage of a DL coach who's walked the path of college DL to NFL himself. And, with more opportunities within our current depth chart, Shemar gets more 1 on 1 time and more feedback on his growth here than at TAMU or UGA. But, he better be ready to compete and show he's as good as he believes. Because we're going to recruit 4 just like him next season.
Cotdammit, get this guy on staff!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back