2022 Shemar Stewart goes A2M

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everybody on this board is totally speculating and no one truly knows including Shemar and Ivins. He still has to weigh his options and see what Mario says this weekend. There are several very good players on this recruiting trip this weekend so you never know. Lets keep a positive spin on everything. I do believe if Mario had a DC it could be much better for us.

Advertisement
He said wants to be a defensive end in a 4-3 scheme yet his other 2 choices are texas a&m who just hired a guy who runs a 3-3-5 and Georgia who as long as Smart is head coach will run a 3-4
It’s about money baby! Schemes schmemes…

Why is Alabama not involved here?

I too say Cane. Dude visited so Many times last year but Manny was coach. Now we have Mario and the opportunity to ball out with JW, LT, Kelly, Wesley, Tae, Kinchens and all those dudes he has known for soo long has to be appealing. Also Miami or ****** college station Texas retards? CANE

Would love to have this kid but won’t lose sleep about it. We were an afterthought until Mario arrived. Hopefully we made up enough ground but moving forward we should expect to win these battles

Advertisement
I've actually been fairly critical on the overall hiring process in general so I don't have any issues with people that feel a certain type of way about Joe or anyone else.

But your opinion of the guy is entirely based on a random Oregon reporter? Seems weird.

My perspective is he's built a Poly pipeline at two different programs and in a matter of weeks we've gotten or are projected to get several Poly kids after having basically no history (Yes I know The Rock) of successfully recruiting these guys. In addition to that they got Kayvon and as this thread has shown are in the hunt for Shemar. So there's a track record that some people choose to ignore because of what a reporter said?
You should go look up who got kayvon. It wasn’t joe landing him.

Shemar wouldn’t be committing to joe he’d be coming bc of Mario.

The Oregon guy isn’t some random reporter. Just listen to the pod maybe

Out of curiosity, what would it took for you to label Joe as a good coach/recruiter?

I’m hoping once Kayvon goes high first that will be helpful for him on the recruiting trail.

It’s what we hoped for Rumph to land one of those five stars and put them in the first round to assist him in recruiting.

I’m hoping once Kayvon goes high first that will be helpful for him on the recruiting trail.

It’s what we hoped for Rumph to land one of those five stars and put them in the first round to assist him in recruiting.
would be nice. Heyward was the primary on that recruitment though

Advertisement
Out of curiosity, what would it took for you to label Joe as a good coach/recruiter?

As a primary recruiter he wasn’t special there. He was a primary on sewell so good work there. Other than that, it isn’t great. I didn’t say anything bad about his coaching.

Kayvon said it himself he committed to Oregon basically because him and his mom trusted Mario
He knew heyward since he was a freshman. Mario is gonna close out on a. Ton of kids to make up for everyone’s shortcomings. It’s what he does

As a primary recruiter he wasn’t special there. He was a primary on sewell so good work there. Other than that, it isn’t great. I didn’t say anything bad about his coaching.
Okay what would it take for him to be labeled a good recruiter? Getting listed as P on 247 for future recruits? Just curious.

Advertisement
Okay what would it take for him to be labeled a good recruiter? Getting listed as P on 247 for future recruits? Just curious.
I mean right now he’s not known to be a good recruiter. If he was, you’d 100 percent see it. You see it w b mac you see it w t rob etc. he doesn’t need to be a killer recruiter either as long as he coaches well which i didn’t say anything bad about. He’s prollycnot gonna be the main guy landing sfl kids since he has no connection to the east coast so it’s gonna be west coast high end kids for me. Like I said, it’s okay to critique dudes. You guys get caught up every new hire in a slurp fest. Not every hire will be a home run and not every one will be a failure. I thought getting b max was great by Mario. He’s an elite recruiter. Same w getting Kevin smith here as rb.

Has Stewart seen the billboards for the other recruits? I’m sure Mario will show him all this and prove you can be on top of the world by just staying home and putting on for your city.

Advertisement
Passed a large feed lot in Kansas, and noting the strong smell of cowschitt - I joked at the boy from Texas - "bet that makes you homesick."

I almost blew an O-Ring when he said, "it kinda does."

Shemar can't be serious SERIOUS about A&M!

That doesn't do anything that they go in the first. U still have to recruit. It's a gift not where a kid goes. Kayvon will go first round everyone on the planet knows that it won't change the process. Rumph could on walked into a situation where he got a first rounder db out....it wouldn't change his personality and his recruiting efforts. He would still not be able to recruit.

No need for hope. Manuela there for 2-3 seasons and PSU D gonna have a record (in a bad way) day.

No one in B1G fears his D.
Depends on what he has on D and that schedule. Sometimes they play no one and they been recruiting better than us over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back