2022 Shemar Stewart goes A2M

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's how a troll job works. He's trying to set up a signing day shocker, but it won't be shocking because some of us can see through the trolling.
More power to him if so. I was just commenting on his actions and comments lately

Advertisement
This is totally fair but this is now the 2nd blue chip prospect saying the same thing on a different side of the ball. Coleman talking about Oc, went elsewhere. Now shemar saying the same thing. Why would these two young men lie about this if they indeed know who the coordinators are. Starting to sound like conspiracy theories
I don't buy that Coleman was ever coming. His position coach that he had a close relationship with from Oregon was in place too. Should have been more than enough if he was truly interested

Found the interview on 247

Miami Monsignor Pace High School DE Shemar Stewart is a huge priority for the Miami Hurricanes in this year’s recruiting class.

And this coming weekend will be make-or-break for the Canes’ chances with an official visit upcoming.

But there’s another factor that is just as much make-or break: A defensive coordinator hire.

Pace High DL coach Moe Marquez, who has served as a mentor for Stewart and is accompanying him on his visits, says Stewart would not be comfortable picking UM on signing day if a coordinator is not in place yet.

And Marquez told CaneSport Stewart won’t be waiting past signing day to make his decision.

“Once you sign there’s no taking it back, and for Shemar it’s Miami has to bring in an actual defensive coordinator because they don’t have one and he needs to know the lay of the land,” Marquez said.

A big issue for Stewart is some defensive coaches think he might grow into a defensive tackle or even play tackle in third down pass rushing situations … but he wants to be used solely as an end. The coordinator will have a big say in that, as well as what type of overall scheme will be utilized and how the ends will be used.

Marquez says Mario Cristobal is well aware of the issue for Stewart regarding the lack of a coordinator but has given no assurances a hire will be in place by signing day.

“Shemar is just one recruit, so I’m not sure if that makes a difference (in getting a coordinator hire in place soon),” Marquez said.

Advertisement
tumblr_mlmga3Kiig1s1p0dbo1_250.gif

I’m under the impression that movement happens this week but….. If by Friday of this week there aren’t reports from credible national sources that our dc is hired it is an absolute failure. It is not just a massive failure it also scream of incompetence. Don’t know how anyone argues with it at this point. Unless these guys are head coaches of playoff teams, which they’re certainly not, it’s time to get the ball rolling

I think many here would settle for a bowel movement this week.

Something!

Advertisement
It's one of these scenarios:

1. Canesport might as well be the National Inquirer with how they like to stir drama up. The article is behind a paywall, so I can't see context, but it wouldn't shock me if one of those tools asked a question along the lines of, "would not having a DC in place by NSD be a red flag as far as picking Miami?", just to coerce an answer.

2. He's being coached by his handlers to say things like this to create suspense.

3. He's trolling/has been trolling and is suddenly "getting cold feet" about potentially coming to Miami now that we're less than 10 days away from signing day.

Either way, if he truly wanted to be at Miami, it wouldn't matter. Didn't he just say a week ago that Mario wanted to play 4 down lineman and that suited his style better? Sounds like complete BS.
That entire interview was with Moe, not Shemar.

Advertisement
I am glad I get notifications from the Athletic app.

And no, I didnt subscribe to them because of Navarro lol

• Love
Reactions: ben
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back