2022 Shemar Stewart goes A2M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
That's not unreasonable, we need to hire our coordinators already. I think it does hurt with some of these remaining recruits for sure. Tampa Bay and Buffalo may be looking for new DCs after yesterdays games, just saying, lol.

Advertisement
Let's see how the "you don't hire a coordinator because one kid says so" squad reacts now that a 5* at a position of need is saying the same thing.
I’m under the impression that movement happens this week but….. If by Friday of this week there aren’t reports from credible national sources that our dc is hired it is an absolute failure. It is not just a massive failure it also scream of incompetence. Don’t know how anyone argues with it at this point. Unless these guys are head coaches of playoff teams, which they’re certainly not, it’s time to get the ball rolling

Advertisement
I’m under the impression that movement happens this week but….. If by Friday of this week there aren’t reports from credible national sources that our dc is hired it is an absolute failure. It is not just a massive failure it also scream of incompetence. Don’t know how anyone argues with it at this point. Unless these guys are head coaches of playoff teams, which they’re certainly not, it’s time to get the ball rolling
It isn't good but without knowing the facts it doesn't scream anything.

Advertisement
Article just posted of him saying if dc isn’t announced we’re in trouble….

It's totally weird that as the consensus starts to build that he is near a Miami lock, there is now uncertainty on his part over not knowing who his DC will be, almost like it throws his decision into question making everyone wait until his Signing Day to figure out what he'll do. Completely coincidental.

It's one of these scenarios:

1. Canesport might as well be the National Inquirer with how they like to stir drama up. The article is behind a paywall, so I can't see context, but it wouldn't shock me if one of those tools asked a question along the lines of, "would not having a DC in place by NSD be a red flag as far as picking Miami?", just to coerce an answer.

2. He's being coached by his handlers to say things like this to create suspense.

3. He's trolling/has been trolling and is suddenly "getting cold feet" about potentially coming to Miami now that we're less than 10 days away from signing day.

Either way, if he truly wanted to be at Miami, it wouldn't matter. Didn't he just say a week ago that Mario wanted to play 4 down lineman and that suited his style better? Sounds like complete BS.

Advertisement
It isn't good but without knowing the facts it doesn't scream anything.
This is totally fair but this is now the 2nd blue chip prospect saying the same thing on a different side of the ball. Coleman talking about Oc, went elsewhere. Now shemar saying the same thing. Why would these two young men lie about this if they indeed know who the coordinators are. Starting to sound like conspiracy theories

If you're an objective college football fan with no ties to any program and you look at where we are currently at, you're probably a little confused about what's going on. Is it possible that Mario has this all under control and it's all going according to plan? Yeah sure. But objectively there's more than enough here to raise some eyebrows.

We have 1 defensive coach hired, Joe Salave'a. There's no DC. There's no LB coach. There's no CB coach. There's no S coach. The only holdover from Miami that was recruiting Shemar to Miami is now coaching at Bama. The fact that we're in his top 3 and the guy is taking his final OV to us is a god **** miracle at this point and Mario should get a ton of credit for keeping us in the game.

If Shemar does in fact choose A&M or UGA then IMO it's very obvious why. Does that mean the sky is falling and Mario has failed us? No. But you can certainly be critical and ask some questions.

It's one of these scenarios:

1. Canesport might as well be the National Inquirer with how they like to stir drama up. The article is behind a paywall, so I can't see context, but it wouldn't shock me if one of those tools asked a question along the lines of, "would not having a DC in place by NSD be a red flag as far as picking Miami?", just to coerce an answer.

2. He's being coached by his handlers to say things like this to create suspense.

3. He's trolling/has been trolling and is suddenly "getting cold feet" about potentially coming to Miami now that we're less than 10 days away from signing day.

Either way, if he truly wanted to be at Miami, it wouldn't matter. Didn't he just say a week ago that Mario wanted to play 4 down lineman and that suited his style better? Sounds like complete BS.
So there's no way he just wants to make sure he's playing in a 4-3 and wants to hear from the DC how he's gonna be used?

That's another possibility. Not sure why you're just dismissing that outright.

It's also a possibility backed up by months of Shemar consistently saying he wants to play in a 4-3.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back