2022 Shemar Stewart goes A2M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm stoked that Diaz left and Cristobal came like the rest of us and clearly think Cristobal is 100 times better recruiter than Diaz.

But with that said I'm not sure if I buy the "Diaz didn't recruit us hard at the beginning." Stewart was on campus all last summer and got special treatment. I recall him being in the offices of the Indoor Practice Facility with current players and coaches just chatting it up while the rest where doing drills or listening to speeches in Paradise Camp.

I obviously don't know how much Diaz actually recruited and if after that he wasn't very active with him, but it seems to be a great excuse for when a coach leaves. Oh yeah "X" team was not at the top because their previous head coach didn't recruit us hard, but the current coach has really made us a priority. It's convenient because they can use that as an excuse to stay on the good side of current coaches and fans when they pick another team. "It was just too little too late, the relationships built with A&M were too strong, Miami came on too late, but Cristobal is going to take that team far you can feel it."

I still think Stewart is coming, but if he doesn't I fully expect that to be the excuse and I'm not sure I buy it. Diaz sucked and communication fell off during the season because we sucked and A&M took advantage, end of story.

I'm stoked that Diaz left and Cristobal came like the rest of us and clearly think Cristobal is 100 times better recruiter than Diaz.

But with that said I'm not sure if I buy the "Diaz didn't recruit us hard at the beginning." Stewart was on campus all last summer and got special treatment. I recall him being in the offices of the Indoor Practice Facility with current players and coaches just chatting it up while the rest where doing drills or listening to speeches in Paradise Camp.

I obviously don't know how much Diaz actually recruited and if after that he wasn't very active with him, but it seems to be a great excuse for when a coach leaves. Oh yeah "X" team was not at the top because their previous head coach didn't recruit us hard, but the current coach has really made us a priority. It's convenient because they can use that as an excuse to stay on the good side of current coaches and fans when they pick another team. "It was just too little too late, the relationships built with A&M were too strong, Miami came on too late, but Cristobal is going to take that team far you can feel it."

I still think Stewart is coming, but if he doesn't I fully expect that to be the excuse and I'm not sure I buy it. Diaz sucked and communication fell off during the season because we sucked and A&M took advantage, end of story.
Nah that's Manny that's how he recruited it's why I complained he wouldn't succeed here. He didn't recruit well.....he went full court on the easy ones

Advertisement

i wonder if there is manny recruiting hard, shemar recruiting hard and mario recruiting hard.

shemar may define recruiting hard like how aTm and mario recruit which very likely isn't manny recruiting hard

Nah that's Manny that's how he recruited it's why I complained he wouldn't succeed here. He didn't recruit well.....he went full court on the easy ones
People may still disagree but with all of these nightmare recruiting stories coming out about Diaz I’m confident that in a normal recruiting cycle we don’t sign nearly the class we were able to get last year. Diaz struck gold with the circumstances

Advertisement
this is an indictment of manny diaz:

“Their [manny diaz] effort, who they were prioritizing and going after,” Marquez said. “Shemar, being the high-caliber player he is, I didn’t feel like they [manny diaz] were putting their best foot forward with him. They were recruiting guys out of state harder or even guys of a lower caliber even in the state more than Shemar.”

“Cristobal’s first phone call I believe he made was to Shemar,” Marquez said. “That showed us where his mind was at and about who he needed to get and what was the priority. That right there kind of set it off because Manny didn’t do those things. I spoke to Manny maybe two times on the phone. We never even went into the coach’s office at Miami until Cristobal.”

Advertisement
People may still disagree but with all of these nightmare recruiting stories coming out about Diaz I’m confident that in a normal recruiting cycle we don’t sign nearly the class we were able to get last year. Diaz struck gold with the circumstances
That **** was obvious. This was just another piranha Canes board to go to if, like me, you dared to say Manny’s recruiting hit was primarily COVID related.

You just don’t follow up a class like that with a stellar #72 class or whatever the fack it was.

this is an indictment of manny diaz:

“Their [manny diaz] effort, who they were prioritizing and going after,” Marquez said. “Shemar, being the high-caliber player he is, I didn’t feel like they [manny diaz] were putting their best foot forward with him. They were recruiting guys out of state harder or even guys of a lower caliber even in the state more than Shemar.”

“Cristobal’s first phone call I believe he made was to Shemar,” Marquez said. “That showed us where his mind was at and about who he needed to get and what was the priority. That right there kind of set it off because Manny didn’t do those things. I spoke to Manny maybe two times on the phone. We never even went into the coach’s office at Miami until Cristobal.”
Not really. It’s a miracle that Diaz recruited as well as he did through those terrible seasons. It all unfolded at the end when he bet on this last season and it flopped. The pitch fell flat on many of the kids that had early interest, like Shemar. Manny probably knew he had no chance with Shemar and others so why bet the whole house on a kid that’s not gonna come.

Not really. It’s a miracle that Diaz recruited as well as he did through those terrible seasons. It all unfolded at the end when he bet on this last season and it flopped. The pitch fell flat on many of the kids that had early interest, like Shemar. Manny probably knew he had no chance with Shemar and others so why bet the whole house on a kid that’s not gonna come.
he got the COVID bump, players whose families didn't want them far because of COVID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back