Sheldrick Redwine has been balling

eddostarr

Freshman
Hit sticking these fools week 2 few deflections , one resulting in mike smiths interception . had a interception overturned after a questionable(bs) pass interference call against Appalachian State .

**** u al golden .

Advertisement
Didn't al recruit him? Wouldn't this be validation of al? Anyway, yeah Redwine has played well and I'm much less concerned about the secondary than I was pre-season.

Not really, considering AL jumped on him because Jaquan was pushing them, and they had other guys bail on them at the last minute. We were lucky he decided to follow Jaquan.... I wouldn't really give Al credit for it. They didn't want him, he kind of fell to them with the help of another recruit..

Kid has played very well thus far. Need to see him against better competition but that could be said for the whole defense. Thus far he has done everything we need him to do and should have a pick to go with it, that was a terrible call Saturday.

Advertisement
Didn't al recruit him? Wouldn't this be validation of al?

It's the opposite. Golden didn't offer Redwine until a couple weeks before signing day. We got lucky he wanted to be a Cane.

And it's not like Redwine was off the radar. Here's a thread I made about him as a junior:

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/sheldrick-redwine-cb-killian/75326

Par for the course.

I wonder how many other recruits we missed out on in the last 5 years because of this BS.

What an abortion that last coaching staff was.

Disagree... he has been steady and made some plays but idk is it just me or does a lot of passes get completed in front of him? Probably because he is playing so far back

Crazy you say this about Redwine. Yeah he's definitely made some plays so far this season against lesser talent, but I also see a lot of room for improvement. Every game I see him playing 15 to 20 yards away from the receiver, I don't understand why they give such a cushion. Corn on the other hand is playing lights out and playing more press coverage. The only completions I've seen this year have been on Redwine. I'm sure as the season continues he'll gain more confidence and play closer to the line.

Crazy you say this about Redwine. Yeah he's definitely made some plays so far this season against lesser talent, but I also see a lot of room for improvement. Every game I see him playing 15 to 20 yards away from the receiver, I don't understand why they give such a cushion. Corn on the other hand is playing lights out and playing more press coverage. The only completions I've seen this year have been on Redwine. I'm sure as the season continues he'll gain more confidence and play closer to the line.

Exactly. The pass Redwine deflected for an interception was grossly underthrown, and Elder is just continuing to smother any receiver he's covering. Colbert should have his job back when he's healthy.

Advertisement

It's the opposite. Golden didn't offer Redwine until a couple weeks before signing day. We got lucky he wanted to be a Cane.

And it's not like Redwine was off the radar. Here's a thread I made about him as a junior:

Lol at Redwine would be better as a saftey/lb hybrid....

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

What games are you watching?

He's been getting killed on comeback routes two weeks straight. He needs to stop giving the WR so much cushion. He's had some flashes but I kept calling it out during the FAU and App State game. He needs to either react faster or not give so much cushion.

Lol at Redwine would be better as a saftey/lb hybrid....

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Don't agree with the hybrid thing at all.

I've watched Redwine since he was on JV at Killian. Always felt he had most upside at safety. He'll be fine as a corner here but I don't expect a star player there, he'll be solid as he continues to improve. Maybe we give him a shot at safety down the line pending how DB shakes out the next year or two. Louisville was going to play him at safety.

The reason he has to give so much cushion is because his long speed isnt that great. I bet hes a 4.6 guy at best. He seems to have short area burst but you can catch him slippin and get him deep I bet.

Thats the reason we need Colbert back by FSU sticking Rudolph. I like Redwine as the 3rd corner though. I trust him going up against an Aiden Tate/Davonte Phillips type. But Bobo Wilson would eat him alive. He and Elder going head to head will be fun.

All in all, he hasnt been horrible. He has held his own. But there is room for improvement.

Advertisement
What games are you watching?

He's been getting killed on comeback routes two weeks straight. He needs to stop giving the WR so much cushion. He's had some flashes but I kept calling it out during the FAU and App State game. He needs to either react faster or not give so much cushion.

This.. Redwine is an agressive corner who is not afraid to smack somebody, but he lacks overall quickness. Is he a JAG? No.. at all.. Hes a pure football player with excellent speed and range for his size (Close to 6'2)

I saw him get beat several times vs Columbus's Wr's (#5 Austin and #15 Cincinatti Recruit) all night long when he was a Sr. IMO, he would kill it at Safety..

Par for the course.

I wonder how many other recruits we missed out on in the last 5 years because of this BS.

What an abortion that last coaching staff was.

Redwine was wanted by L-ville so the kid can play. What happened was his stock went down because Paul Williams bashed him. now that the old staff is gone, i can tell you Larry Blustein told me he personally witnessed Paul Williams bashing redwine saying he was a soft kid and a few other things i dont remember. basically said he was too soft for um. Blustein was shocked to see him publicly bash him and also to see redwine go to um who was the reason his stock dropped. apparently it was jaquan johnson who made it all happen and got him an offer. paul williams never wanted him.

Advertisement
Didn't al recruit him? Wouldn't this be validation of al? Anyway, yeah Redwine has played well and I'm much less concerned about the secondary than I was pre-season.

Al Golden recruited extremely well just could not coach or use the players correctly.

Al Golden recruited extremely well just could not coach or use the players correctly.

wat.jpg

Me and other fans were screaming for him to get an offer the entire season, same with Fenton. The freaking idiot almost lost both .

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back