Shavar Manuel

Advertisement
You really get the feeling that if we can just avoid ****ting the bed on the field this year, our 2016 & 2017 rosters are going to be loaded with some of the most talent we've ever had - at least on paper.

Miami Coach Puts Job On The Line For 5-Star Recruit
2 minutes ago
Recruiting at the highest level often means top recruits are promised certain things. Sometimes it’s early playing time or something as simple as a jersey number.

This summer, Miami tight end coach Larry Scott promised five-star 2016 defensive end Shavar Manuel his job.

“Coach Scott actually said that if I don’t become a ‘Cane he’s going to quit his job,” Manuel said.

While it seems a bit outlandish, it may have worked.

“To hear that from a coach and recruiter is like ‘wow’, I didn’t think I was that special, but okay,” Manuel said.

So far so good for Larry Scott, as Manuel named the ‘Canes his current leader.

Manuel is ranked as the No. 2 overall recruit, the No. 1 strong-side defensive end and the No. 1 prospect in the state of Florida for the 2016 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.
Scott is F*cking crazy.

Bold strategy, Cotton.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Miami Coach Puts Job On The Line For 5-Star Recruit
2 minutes ago
Recruiting at the highest level often means top recruits are promised certain things. Sometimes it’s early playing time or something as simple as a jersey number.

This summer, Miami tight end coach Larry Scott promised five-star 2016 defensive end Shavar Manuel his job.

“Coach Scott actually said that if I don’t become a ‘Cane he’s going to quit his job,” Manuel said.

While it seems a bit outlandish, it may have worked.

“To hear that from a coach and recruiter is like ‘wow’, I didn’t think I was that special, but okay,” Manuel said.

So far so good for Larry Scott, as Manuel named the ‘Canes his current leader.

Manuel is ranked as the No. 2 overall recruit, the No. 1 strong-side defensive end and the No. 1 prospect in the state of Florida for the 2016 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.
Scott is F*cking crazy.

Bold strategy, Cotton.
That's rad.

Advertisement
Allison, Coco Creek Boys/Gulliver Gang, Walton?, Bruce/Snelson/Mullins, Shaq, Quayshon Alexander (Hesters brother)/Malik Barrow/Patrick Bethel (Legacy), Shavar.

POWER FAP

I'm trying not to get my hopes up for this 2016 class... trying.

If we win 10 games this year, we will clean up and be back soon. Now let's hope we can do it on the field.
10 games will be sweet...but even if its only 7 games...I want 2016s mindset.to be...We will bring the U back to glory....being apart of something that no one believes can be achieved. ..is an assume feeling

Advertisement
is this the wawy we want to be recruiting? pressuring kids like that?

I think al golden knows we're above this kind of lowball tactics. that's something FSU would do - not us!!

is this the wawy we want to be recruiting? pressuring kids like that?

I think al golden knows we're above this kind of lowball tactics. that's something FSU would do - not us!!
I hate that he told the media that. Recruiting is a game you have to play. Sometimes you have to go to desperate measures to get a 5 star. Scott has been killing Tampa minus a few studs up there. Lets hope we can seal the deal sinner then later.

Advertisement
Back