Share Your Experiences in Dallas

Advertisement
We get in at 3 tomorrow but I'm expecting my experience to be like the movie "The Hangover". But only if U stopped it half way thru and rewatched the ND game from last season and then watched the end of the movie.

For those of us, myself included, who could not make the trip in Dallas...would those of you who are heading there please help us live vicariously through you?

Hopefully you all will be kind enough to share your experiences, pictures, social media posts...anything (except for your bathroom experiences...well unless it involves something comical about a LSU fan) in this thread.

I would love to know how our fans are representing The U. How the opposing side's fans are showing up and acting. Anything entertaining you come across. Just give us the vibe of everything. I don't know about anyone else, but I would appreciate it.

GO CANES!!!! Show the world we are the real deal again!

Thanks all for providing the color out there. Save your voices we need you to be loud when LSU has the ball.

Advertisement
Flew in today. Had lunch at Babe's. Was great. Dinner at Nick and Sam's was a spectacle. Food great. Scene cool. Blake James and a lot of Canes were there.

Best bbq joint in Dallas period and I would say arguably all of Texas, and I've done the triangle plenty of times to make that statement.

As someone that grew up in Dallas, I would tend to disagree. You have some places like Record's that are better, but people aren't willing to venture to that part of Oak Cliff.

Football in Texas is no comparison. Victory will bring in Texas recruitment.

Miami has always recruited Texas relatively well. Whether it was guys like Jessie Armstead, Daryl Jones, or CJ Richardson, Miami has had success recruiting the Dallas area, especially Carter High, and the schools on that side of the Trinity. That said, Texas and Texas A&M will always get first dibs on the overwhelming majority of talent in that state, so Miami would be wise to cherry pick. That's a place where you find supplemental talent to go along with the south Florida contingent.

Advertisement
We wandered around downtown Dallas saw tons of canes fans out. Then headed out to Deep Ellum which had a few decent breweries (Braindead and Deep Ellum) and Vidorra was a cool spot as well. We’re heading to Uptown today. Hope to see more Canes fans

If anyone is staying in the Frisco/Plano area...we're going to hit 'The Star' in Frisco. (Cowboys Headquarters, practice facility and stadium). It has a pretty solid entertainment area with restaurants, bars and shops. If you have kids, they will love the 'mini field' in front of the stadium.
Here's a link to it.
The Star | Directory

If anyone is staying in the Frisco/Plano area...we're going to hit 'The Star' in Frisco. (Cowboys Headquarters, practice facility and stadium). It has a pretty solid entertainment area with restaurants, bars and shops. If you have kids, they will love the 'mini field' in front of the stadium.
Here's a link to it.
The Star | Directory
Oh yeah, it's a must see, just got done with the tour around the facility, pretty cool experience. I'm staying a the Omni with my father.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Downtown Dallas is lit right now, huge car show going on streets are shut down.
Was just there at the sixth floor Dealey plaza and grassy knoll. Absolutely packed! Afterwards, we came to Texas live, huge sports themed bars and restaurants. Miami and LSU everywhere, 2 hr wait to eat.

Advertisement
Miami has always recruited Texas relatively well. Whether it was guys like Jessie Armstead, Daryl Jones, or CJ Richardson, Miami has had success recruiting the Dallas area, especially Carter High, and the schools on that side of the Trinity. That said, Texas and Texas A&M will always get first dibs on the overwhelming majority of talent in that state, so Miami would be wise to cherry pick. That's a place where you find supplemental talent to go along with the south Florida contingent.
Dude you named recruit's from over 20yrs ago. Jimmy and Butch knew where to look. I

Was just there at the sixth floor Dealey plaza and grassy knoll. Absolutely packed! Afterwards, we came to Texas live, huge sports themed bars and restaurants. Miami and LSU everywhere, 2 hr wait to eat.
I’m going to cidercade in a little bit video games and football I’m there lol.

1D03F112-9471-4958-816A-1EAC50820C95.jpeg

Advertisement
Back