Share Your Experiences in Dallas

Advertisement
Ate at The Pecan Lodge today and I can honestly say it was one of the best bar-b-q joints I've ever eaten at.

Then we took a tour of AT&T Stadium. Part of the tour was walking through the tunnel out to the edge of the playing field. At that moment guess who walks in....Mark Richt and Don Bailey Jr. The majority of our tour group were Cane fans and he looked legitimately shocked to see so many of us there in the tunnel. I guess he had no idea live tours were going on. Anyways, my wife took a picture of him throwing up the U at us...I"ll try to post it tomorrow.

I ate at Hard Eight in Coppell when I came in Friday night.

Ate at The Pecan Lodge today and I can honestly say it was one of the best bar-b-q joints I've ever eaten at.

Then we took a tour of AT&T Stadium. Part of the tour was walking through the tunnel out to the edge of the playing field. At that moment guess who walks in....Mark Richt and Don Bailey Jr. The majority of our tour group were Cane fans and he looked legitimately shocked to see so many of us there in the tunnel. I guess he had no idea live tours were going on. Anyways, my wife took a picture of him throwing up the U at us...I"ll try to post it tomorrow.
Your’re welcome, you’re still an *** lol

Hung out in Uptown friday night, and bounced all around Deep Ellum today (Pecan Lodge, Happiest Hour, Braindead brewery, Deep Ellum brewery) and there are vastly more Canes fans than LSU. 10-1 ratio would be putting it lightly, its probably closer to 20-1.
Having attended the '01, '02 national championship games, '05 peach bowl, '10 sun bowl, and at Notre Dame 2016, and I have NEVER seen this many Canes fam outside of Miami. We own Dallas right now and its a great feeling!

Advertisement
Fruggin awesome to hear so many Canes fans made the trip!!! I think we’ll have 20,000 in the stands which will be amazing. This is going to be a Texas sized beatdown so ya’all enjoy it now ya ‘re!

Did Happiest Hour for the early games today and Pecan Lodge for dinner before hitting up the bars in Uptown. It was easily 10:1 Canes fans at all the spots. Happiest Hour erupted in Canes chants multiple multiple times throughout the afternoon.

I guess LSU fans will show up at the stadium but I don't know where their fans have been hiding as they sure as **** ain't in the downtown/Uptown/Knox-Henderson areas of Dallas. I probably should've checked if AirBnB was offering lodging at any trailer parks in outer Dallas. These Cajun simpletons might be all coalescing there.

We did smokey maes for some reason on friday & season 52 which was alot better but id still take several spots in st louis over here as a whole. Was really looking forward to this lady who dez put me up on last time through but apparently her house burnt down(she sold out of her house)no menu. She just cooked whatever she wanted to but that **** was life changing. Done pecan lodge several times but not overly impressed.

Advertisement
To make wife happy we went to Waco, to the Fixer Upper lady's store. Every yuppie woman in Central Texas was there. Many were hot, and sweaty-think day at the beach. Ate BBQ at Vitecks and despite it's rating it was very average. Baylor fans were out of control. Again lots of hotties. At dinner back in Arlington. Sat with CMR's cousins from Nebraska. They all, women included, looked just like him! They were very nice, and no hotties.

To make wife happy we went to Waco, to the Fixer Upper lady's store. Every yuppie woman in Central Texas was there. Many were hot, and sweaty-think day at the beach. Ate BBQ at Vitecks and despite it's rating it was very average. Baylor fans were out of control. Again lots of hotties. At dinner back in Arlington. Sat with CMR's cousins from Nebraska. They all, women included, looked just like him! They were very nice, and no hotties.
My wife wanted to go to Magnolia Farms as well but we both agreed we didn't want to drive an hour and a half each way. I was happy but would like to see the hotties....lol. Honestly, haven't seen many anywhere

Advertisement
We did smokey maes for some reason on friday & season 52 which was alot better but id still take several spots in st louis over here as a whole. Was really looking forward to this lady who dez put me up on last time through but apparently her house burnt down(she sold out of her house)no menu. She just cooked whatever she wanted to but that **** was life changing. Done pecan lodge several times but not overly impressed.

Bro, we can debate bbq on less important days but I probably agree with you about Pecan Lodge. Definitely good....but not great. This was my second time there and we have a dude in our group that's never been here so I figured we might as well take him. To be honest, I've had better in Florida. It was still a fun time and completely taken over by Canes so it's all good though.

Advertisement
My wife wanted to go to Magnolia Farms as well but we both agreed we didn't want to drive an hour and a half each way. I was happy but would like to see the hotties....lol. Honestly, haven't seen many anywhere

Same here, it was rent a car and drive or just stay downtown Dallas and bar. Was glad she agreed on bar hopping lol

Advertisement
Back