Shaquery Wilson UGA Transfer WR

Advertisement
Remember someone told me that this kid is worth it as a DB. We need depth there.

He's not giving the kid a scholarship unless the kid can play ball here. What's wrong with you? Stop with this "he's a family man, he'll make room."

he gave the kid a scholarship last year at UGA!

if it was a high school kid then I agree and that’s something different. We’re talking about a kid who is on scholly, offered by richt just a year ago. was a 4 star from ESPN last year that didn’t play because he was a true freshman

are you not realizing that?. so because he was a true freshman and didn’t play, richt doesn’t think he will be deserving of a scholly?

with what we’ve read about coach richt’s character.. don’t see him turning down a kid who’s attempting to get closer to his infant child

i’m sure if richt learns of this situation ,he’ll make room for the kid (justified or not)

That's nice. But I want be closer to my children that I have not seen in 15 years --- NCs. FIU is close to CG. After 5 years of Golden, the last thing I want to here about is former school, period. Granted UGA is not Temple, but it is not THE U we want back either. Mark is back in THE Family and he needs to worry about us too. If this kid is Miami level, fine. If not forget it. I am all in favor of charity, but from my money not someone else's. Mark is good Christian and should know that. We have been supporting NJ with out charity for several years now with nothing in return. That "unrewarded" charity should cover us for a couple years.

just calling it like i see it. if the kid is UGA level then he certainly is Miami level, at least over the last decade

Advertisement
Don't know if he's improved as a WR out of high school but his offers from colleges two years ago was 2nd tier in the FBS...

Advertisement
[]_[] swag;2419600 said:
He's got to be better than D'Mauri and Greg Golden, who, if Coley leaves, will be 2-3 on the depth chart next year

Greg Golden is going to be higher on the depth chart than 3 of the following 4: cager, Brady, berrios, langham?
Why do I get the feeling Dreg Folden won't be anywhere near the team next year?

yup he would have never been at Miami unless his uncle was coaching..maybe he transfers, if so I wish him the best. one thing we know is that his uncle was a second tier coach!!

High school evaluations are out the window on this one. CMR recruited him and coached him for a full season he knows wether the guy can play or not. If you don't have it its hard to hide it for a full season. I trust CMR will make a informed decision.

Advertisement
Don't know if he's improved as a WR out of high school but his offers from colleges two years ago was 2nd tier in the FBS...

Had an offer from UF and UGA.

Not saying we should take him though. Idk the whole truth if he was going to be a DB or what it is.

yup he would have never been at Miami unless his uncle was coaching..maybe he transfers, if so I wish him the best. one thing we know is that his uncle was a second tier coach!!
you do understand he (golden) is just a walk-on,Not using a scholarship spot.

Last edited:
People liked him at safety, as I recall.

And it doesn't always takes people 3 ******* years to learn a new position. We are just conditioned to that type of thing here over the past decade.

If a kid can play, his technique might be ****** but he will find a way to get it done fairly quickly.

For instance, Houston moved over a freshman from the DL to the OL 8 games into the season. He started against Temple in the AAC Title Game and was very effective against a good defensive front.

Advertisement
[video]http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3199155/highlights/165215375/v2[/video]

thoughts? seems comfortable catching in traffic

from UGA site:

High School: Coral Gables, coached by Roger Pollard … PrepStar three-star prospect and All-Southeast Region … ESPN.com four-star prospect, #45 WR in the nation, #66 overall prospect in the state of Florida … Scout.com three-star prospect, #62 WR nationally, #11 WR in Florida … 247Sports.com three-star prospect, #58 S in the nation, #87 overall prospect in Florida … Rivals.com three-star prospect, #22 ranked athlete prospect, #61 overall prospect in the state of Florida … helped lead Coral Gables to a 9-4 record during his senior season.

Had offered from a couple big schools:
Shaquery Wilson - Yahoo! Sports

I would defer to Coach Richt's decision

good "timing" BTW

Last edited by a moderator:
Shields made the switch in one off season, so it can happen quick.

Maybe dude will play here, or maybe he'll end up at FIU or even one of the smaller schools. Good luck to him though. Gotta give props to a guy who wants to do the right thing for his kid.

with what we’ve read about coach richt’s character.. don’t see him turning down a kid who’s attempting to get closer to his infant child

i’m sure if richt learns of this situation ,he’ll make room for the kid (justified or not)

Good lord, I hope not. I'm all for character and whatnot, but you don't give a kid a scholly unless you believe he deserves it. If the kid isn't good enough to play for us then you find another way to help him.

well not to say the obvious but apparently coach richt thought the kid deserved a scholly since he gave him one at UGA

If Richt thinks the kid is worth it, I was just making the point that a football team isn't a charity.

Advertisement
Back