Shaquery Wilson UGA Transfer WR

pompanocane

All American
Premium
Former 3 star Coral Gables High Freshman transfering? Does Richt take him?

Per UGASports.com

Thursday morning, freshman wide receiver Shaquery Wilson told UGASports.com that he has decided to leave the program in order to be closer to his four-week old daughter back home in South Florida.

"I'm trying to get close to my baby," Wilson confirmed via text.

He said he hopes to continue playing at a yet-to-be determined school nearer his Coral Gables, Florida home.

"I'm still trying to play ball," he said.

Wilson played in only two games for the Bulldogs last fall and did not make a catch.

His decision comes a week after quarterback Faton Bauta decided to transfer to another school.

A former three-star prospect, Wilson led Coral Gables High to a 9-4 record in 2014.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He's got to be better than D'Mauri and Greg Golden, who, if Coley leaves, will be 2-3 on the depth chart next year

Advertisement
ill let coach richt decide. I'm sure he wont be relying on the "waiver wire" like golden

Advertisement
with what we’ve read about coach richt’s character.. don’t see him turning down a kid who’s attempting to get closer to his infant child

i’m sure if richt learns of this situation ,he’ll make room for the kid (justified or not)

Advertisement
with what we’ve read about coach richt’s character.. don’t see him turning down a kid who’s attempting to get closer to his infant child

i’m sure if richt learns of this situation ,he’ll make room for the kid (justified or not)

Good lord, I hope not. I'm all for character and whatnot, but you don't give a kid a scholly unless you believe he deserves it. If the kid isn't good enough to play for us then you find another way to help him.

Good lord, I hope not. I'm all for character and whatnot, but you don't give a kid a scholly unless you believe he deserves it. If the kid isn't good enough to play for us then you find another way to help him.

well not to say the obvious but apparently coach richt thought the kid deserved a scholly since he gave him one at UGA

He's not giving the kid a scholarship unless the kid can play ball here. What's wrong with you? Stop with this "he's a family man, he'll make room."

That's nice. But I want be closer to my children that I have not seen in 15 years --- NCs. FIU is close to CG. After 5 years of Golden, the last thing I want to here about is former school, period. Granted UGA is not Temple, but it is not THE U we want back either. Mark is back in THE Family and he needs to worry about us too. If this kid is Miami level, fine. If not forget it. I am all in favor of charity, but from my money not someone else's. Mark is good Christian and should know that. We have been supporting NJ with out charity for several years now with nothing in return. That "unrewarded" charity should cover us for a couple years.

Advertisement
Back