Shaquem Griffin

Advertisement
Rather have the kid from VT.

Only way I want Roquan is if we can keep him covered/protected. He absolutely cannot deal with O-lineman.
My Lb rankings would be something like:

1. Tremaine Edmunds - top10/1st
2. Leighton Vander Esch - top25/1st
3. Roquan Smith -top25/1st
4. Malik Jefferson - top50/2nd
5. Rashaan Evans -top100/3rd
6. Genard Avery -top100/3rd (basically a slightly less explosive Haason Reddick, I really like him. Under the radar so could be like 4th/5th rounder)
7. Darius Leonard -top100/3rd
8. Jerome Baker -top100/4th
9. Oren Burks -top150/4th
10. Matthew Thomas -top150/5th
11. Dorian O'Daniel - top150/5th
12. Fred Warner - top150/5th
13. Shaun Dion Hamilton - top150/5th
14. Chris Worley - top150/5th
15. Shaquem Griffen - top200/6th

So I'd put Griffen as like the 15th LB in this class. If he had 2 hands, he'd probably be like a 3rd or something - but he doesn't

6. Genard Avery -top100/3rd (basically a slightly less explosive Haason Reddick, I really like him. Under the radar so could be like 4th/5th rounder)

So I'd put Griffen as like the 15th LB in this class. If he had 2 hands, he'd probably be like a 3rd or something - but he doesn't

Advertisement
Edmunds might be there @ 11. Most mocks have Smith going to the Raiders @ 10.
I hope to god the Raiders don't take any LB at 10.
I hate drafting LBs early. I think they are the least important players on the Defense.
EDGE > CB/DT > FS > ILB > SS/OLB.

I firmly believe in building the DL and DBs then adding like mid to late round LBs or vet guys.

I have never started a thread but I saw a Shaquem Griffin on NFL network and my first thought was the Fins need to get him. He is inspiring, a worker, great attitude, and fighter. He is grinder. Give me 52 of these guys and you will be a contender. What are your thoughts?

Who the **** is this imposter?

Fins had issues covering TEs and RBs last year. Has the ability to play in space. Worked out as a DB today as well. He has his role and if he gains 10 pounds could also rush the passer in certain packages.
Sounds like the problems of the Miami defense.

Advertisement

Rashaan Evans is a first round pick...

Think he's a top 10 pick unfortunately and there's been rumors that Gase LOVES and is willing to trade up for Mayfield.

And he’ll be fired before Mayfield sees the the field. This pick needs to be a linebacker or someone who can solidify the OL.

Advertisement
I have never started a thread but I saw a Shaquem Griffin on NFL network and my first thought was the Fins need to get him. He is inspiring, a worker, great attitude, and fighter. He is grinder. Give me 52 of these guys and you will be a contender. What are your thoughts?

With 52 of him you would have a some trouble with your passing game.

And he’ll be fired before Mayfield sees the the field. This pick needs to be a linebacker or someone who can solidify the OL.

He's running the show so no one is getting fired. Gase purged the roster and if there is a trade up, he secured the guy he wanted. Rebuilds usually start with a new QB. Now if Baker doesn't pan out by year two then you fire him. The OL is solidified for the most part after Sitton signed and James re-signed. They'll most likely get an OL in the later rounds to battle it out with in-house options for the RG spot.
LT Tunsil, LG Sitton, C Kilgore, RG up for grabs, and RT James.

If Edmunds is gone they probably need to focus on the trenches to replace Suh's presence. Smith is strictly an off-ball backer and like Macho said, we'd be doing him a disservice with not much help in front of him.

He's running the show so no one is getting fired. Gase purged the roster and if there is a trade up, he secured the guy he wanted. Rebuilds usually start with a new QB. Now if Baker doesn't pan out by year two then you fire him. The OL is solidified for the most part after Sitton signed and James re-signed. They'll most likely get an OL in the later rounds to battle it out with in-house options for the RG spot.
LT Tunsil, LG Sitton, C Kilgore, RG up for grabs, and RT James.

If Edmunds is gone they probably need to focus on the trenches to replace Suh's presence. Smith is strictly an off-ball backer and like Macho said, we'd be doing him a disservice with not much help in front of him.

The OL isn’t that solidified. Kilgore, even though he was an upgrade from pouncey, graded as a below average center in the league, Sitton is on the other side of time, and we still don’t have a starter on the other side. Adam Gase isn’t going to have that much time if any...max he’ll have is one more season after this one if he doesn’t make the playoffs again. They need a LB and even though I believe Godchaux and Phillips are more than formidable as run defenders(pass rush is a different story) we still can’t enter the season with 1 average LB, a 2nd year backer who’s essentially a rookie, and a unit of rag tag UDFA guys. At minimum with Edmunds or trading down for Rashaan Evans/Leighton Vander Esch like I mentioned before we can turn LB into a strength as the year goes on. Drafting Vita won’t turn DT into a strength(even though he’s a bit of a upgrade over Phillips Day 1) wouldn’t turn the unit into a positive because we still won’t be able to rush the passer from the interior.

Advertisement
I'm sure he might end up being, I think its most likely he ends up a 2nd round pick (whens the last time 4 LBs went round 1?)
But I don't think he SHOULD be. Honestly I think he's late 2nd-3rd. But I didn't put early/late for everyone else, so I just wrote 3rd for him.

Daryl Gardener over Ray Lewis in 96'.

Tannehill over Luke Kuechly in 12'.

Dolphins haven't had an anchor in the middle since Zach Thomas.

Great defenses are built from the middle-out...period.
Great Defenses are NOT built with LB as the primary strength. DLine (including EDGE rushers...so 34 OLBs) is by far the most important unit on defense and it doesn't even come close.

After them I think Its DB. But if you want to throw the ILB alone in that conversation I'm cool with that. But in a 43 defense if you are loaded at DL and have great DBs, It really doesn't even matter who your LBs are, they will play at a high level. The OLBs in a 43 are the least important position on Defense, and so are the ILBs in a 34.

If you have the best 43 LBs in the world but an *** DL, you're defense will suck.

Advertisement
Back