Shaquem Griffin

JOE'CANE

Senior
I have never started a thread but I saw a Shaquem Griffin on NFL network and my first thought was the Fins need to get him. He is inspiring, a worker, great attitude, and fighter. He is grinder. Give me 52 of these guys and you will be a contender. What are your thoughts?

Advertisement
what position would he play in miami bro? unless you wanna draft a him late just for special teams

think he'd do better in a 3-4 scheme
why? he's going to be an off-ball lb in the NFL. He's not going to be a pass rusher.

I think he's going to be a 6th rounder.

Fins had issues covering TEs and RBs last year. Has the ability to play in space. Worked out as a DB today as well. He has his role and if he gains 10 pounds could also rush the passer in certain packages.

Advertisement
Dolphins need to draft him. IDGAF about the story (although it is amazing). I just look at things from a pure football standpoint.

Dude has the able to rush the passer and he has 4.4 speed and will be able to cover WRs. Meaning he can play LB in either scheme and he won't even have to come off the field. He is actually someone who could play CB if he committed to that position.

Dolphins right now have holes at OLB and if I see Mike Hull on the field one more time Ima lose it.

what position would he play in miami bro? unless you wanna draft him late just for special teams

think he'd do better in a 3-4 scheme
Will Backer or a Backer in dime or nickle packages. Give him time and he will adapt to whatever position cant doubt guys like this, they will figure it out.

Advertisement
Will Backer or a Backer in dime or nickle packages. Give him time and he will adapt to whatever position cant doubt guys like this, they will figure it out.
You're right, that may work in time. I just want a LB who's ready now and if we miss on mayfield I want Roquan or tremund baddd. Read we were looking at a cat from Southern miss who had a really good pro day as well.

Dolphins need to draft him. IDGAF about the story (although it is amazing). I just look at things from a pure football standpoint.

Dude has the able to rush the passer and he has 4.4 speed and will be able to cover WRs. Meaning he can play LB in either scheme and he won't even have to come off the field. He is actually someone who could play CB if he committed to that position.

Dolphins right now have holes at OLB and if I see Mike Hull on the field one more time Ima lose it.
Worked out as a DB today. Fins have had trouble covering TEs and RBs. Seems like a fit. He will produce in the pros.

Advertisement
You're right, that may work in time. I just want a LB who's ready now and if we miss on mayfield I want Roquan or tremund baddd. Read we were looking at a cat from Southern miss who had a really good pro day as well.
I still take Roquan in the 1st. If we can get Griffin in the later rounds 4-5-6 i pull the trigger.

That's the kind of player you draft if you have multipe 3rd or 4th round picks and figure out his position later

lol is this a joke?
He has one ******* hand, and is 40lbs lighter at the time of the combine.

He WILL be an off ball Lb, I can guarantee it.

Taking a step back, when i look at their highlights and ability to rush the pass and cover its fairly similar. Dupree is stronger against the run while griffin is quicker and faster. Might not be completely accurate in the comparison, I just like both of their get offs.

I don't truly know what he'll be but I just think 3-4 as of now.

Advertisement
Just because he runs a 4.38 doesn't mean he can cover WR's. (it just means he can run fast in a straight line)

Actually, one of his weaknesses is coverage. And playing man coverage with a guy who basically has one arm is asking for trouble.

I love the story just as much as everybody else but let's be realistic. He was a one trick pony in college. (edge rusher)
He'll need to be developed in the NFL but he can probably be a good Inside Linebacker in the 3-4 or OLB in the 4-3.

Taking a step back, when i look at their highlights and ability to rush the pass and cover its fairly similar. Dupree is stronger against the run while griffin is quicker and faster. Might not be completely accurate in the comparison, I just like both of their get offs.

I don't truly know what he'll be but I just think 3-4 as of now.

Their skill-set might be similar but one guy is 6'4" 270 and the other is 6'1" 230.
This makes a difference in their ability at the next level.

I still take Roquan in the 1st. If we can get Griffin in the later rounds 4-5-6 i pull the trigger.

Rather have the kid from VT.

Only way I want Roquan is if we can keep him covered/protected. He absolutely cannot deal with O-lineman.

Just because he runs a 4.38 doesn't mean he can cover WR's. (it just means he can run fast in a straight line)

Actually, one of his weaknesses is coverage. And playing man coverage with a guy who basically has one arm is asking for trouble.

I love the story just as much as everybody else but let's be realistic. He was a one trick pony in college. (edge rusher)
He'll need to be developed in the NFL but he can probably be a good Inside Linebacker in the 3-4 or OLB in the 4-3.
No one said he would start day one. I say he is definitely worth a 4-5-6 round pick. Sorry he has shown the ability to adapt. He will contribute in this league.

Advertisement
Back