Shaq's Visit To UF Strengthens Commitment To The U

UknowWhat

Senior
We visited the UF / LSU game last night. Walk thru the tailgating... was entertain by the staff before the game... Went down on the field for warm ups... got seated... Shaq says...Miami. I asked him what he said... He said I like Miami better... I asked why, he said I don't know why I just feel it. I ask is it the coaching staff... he replied no I like Auburn coaching staff better... I like it at Miami. His bond is a bit stronger now to the U... Miami can only offer 1 ticket per season per recruit as a part of NCAA sanctions...but he suggested that we just come down for the FSU game and tailgate... He knows its a long shot but feels it would be a great atmosphere if Miami pulled an upset.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm happy the kid loves the U, but I can't but feel sorry he will be coached by D'Nofrio. Good Luck son

As much as I hate Doritos, Perryman was coached by him and is going to be a very rich man and 1 of the best LB's in the league. Shaq will follow his footsteps no matter who the coach is. Some just have that it and he's 1 of them.

Exactly! Shaq will be just fine!! like Beason, Vilma, Perryman. He will get his turn as well.

Advertisement
You really have a special kid with the way he carries himself. Great job on you and your wife's part.

Is he playing only Mike? Or does he occasionally play will or sam?
He started out at Will... he has the range and skill to play all 3 but his strength and size he is our best choice in the middle....he likes Will being up in the fight without all the traffic....And i think it will be easier to transition from Mike to Will rather being use to the outside than getting moved to the middle

If a cane fan had extra tickets would they be able to give them to Shaq and Uknowwhat? Not a booster just a season ticket holder who usually gets his hands on extras even against teams like FSU.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If God put it in his heart to play for the U, then that is why he feels like Miami is the place. This may be just what is happening. I smile.

Where ever he may play, I pray he is richly blessed and injury free.

Uknowwhat: Who were your linebacker influences growing up and did any rub off on your son?

It seems like as a father, you know what's up!

If a cane fan had extra tickets would they be able to give them to Shaq and Uknowwhat? Not a booster just a season ticket holder who usually gets his hands on extras even against teams like FSU.

You might want to ask the compliance office or something (maybe DM the question to them on twitter). But I'd think if you just sold it and gave a "good deal" maybe..?

Now that kid is a Cane! Dad, give him a big hug from all of us... We can't wait until he gets here!

Advertisement
Back