Shaq quarterman a beast....

Stating Shaquille a beast is stating da obvious. He gonna help bring dis D back. Now da Canes gotta getz some cbs and OL. Miami still gotz positions where there are gaps in talent.

Only at CB and oline. Every other position is littered with talent

the oline has talent. McDermott, st louis, milo, darling were all 4 star recruits and recruited by the big boys. milo was recruited by usc and ucla. its just young. linder, Isadora were all at least 3 stars and linder and Isadora have played well. the biggest issues are wr depth and cb depth.

Advertisement
It was a fine play, but a beast play would be if he shucked his blocker and stuffed the RB in the backfield, not tackling him five yards down the field.

Stating Shaquille a beast is stating da obvious. He gonna help bring dis D back. Now da Canes gotta getz some cbs and OL. Miami still gotz positions where there are gaps in talent.

WR is a pretty big concern as well. Besides coley there is nobody who can stretch the defense.
We have 4 receivers coming in who were all 4stars coming out of highschool, we are fine with there

Aldarious was a 5 star. What is your point?

Even Richt said we were slow today.

Advertisement

RB? Lol

And OL is a huge thing if u cant protect the qb ur O will look HS level.

Not concerned about running back there is a bunch of talent there. Not many teams will be as deep as Miami is when Travis homer adds to the group of yearby, Edwards, Walton and gray

Im just saying it looked like the offense was moving the ball forward both downs... not being a ****... just nothing to get pumped over and beast mode wouldve been him running through herndon rosier just to tackle walton instead herndon did his due diligence which allowed walton to make gains follow me

Advertisement
Not sure what I'm missing - first rep was a pretty good stalemate and Herndon barely won the second.

Herndon barely won? What are you watching?

Shaq disengaged from the block but the hole was open.
Don't let logic get in the way of this thread.

Looking forward to watching Shaq but nothing about this says "beast". Maybe people forget what that looks like here?

It was a fine play, but a beast play would be if he shucked his blocker and stuffed the RB in the backfield, not tackling him five yards down the field.
I agree...he did good and i give him a half a credit since he should be getting ready for prom...but a beast would have made that tackle in the back field... but i know he is only gonna get better...#superproud

I agree...he did good and i give him a half a credit since he should be getting ready for prom...but a beast would have made that tackle in the back field... but i know he is only gonna get better...#superproud
Agreed, well said. Two years from now I expect him to leave carnage on a drill like that. It's impressive he's in the mix already though. Obviously he's been working hard.

Advertisement
Just because the guy didn't make a mushroom cloud with a hit doesn't mean he won't be a beast of a player. It was just a drill and nothing to get excited about. The kid himself is someone to be excited about.

Advertisement

All due respect but that was a **** of a couple plays. This kid is going up against Juniors, holding the point, shedding, and making solid tackles. The only LB of the 3 doing that for a kid that has not done 4 full years in H.S. This is beastly, and what gets lost here is the timing of the drill. No real snap or hand-off, the TEs are firing off the ball, and RB coming down hill a little quicker than game speed. Shaq was excellent and every bit of impressive enough for a post like this. Asking way too much at this stage of his development to make TFL in a 3 on 3 drill head-up on a blocker without true gap responsibility across the line. He's doing more read and react in this drill than simply blasting through a gap to the ball.

He's gonna be a great one.

A BEAST play is blowing up the blocker is pancake or by shedding the block without losing any ground AND flattening the RB stopping him dead in his tracks or better yet pushing him backwards.

An edge for the LB in this drill is shedding a block and making the tackle...which Shaq did. However, the RB fell forward and Shaq was pushed back off the line by the blocker. It's not a beast drill for anyone on this video.

RB? Lol

And OL is a huge thing if u cant protect the qb ur O will look HS level.

Yup, spot on. Not to mention we have no solution at LT, one of the top 3 most important positions on the field.

A BEAST play is blowing up the blocker is pancake or by shedding the block without losing any ground AND flattening the RB stopping him dead in his tracks or better yet pushing him backwards.

An edge for the LB in this drill is shedding a block and making the tackle...which Shaq did. However, the RB fell forward and Shaq was pushed back off the line by the blocker. It's not a beast drill for anyone on this video.

The blocker is in a 3-point stance firing off the pretend snap head-up directly into Shaq's chest while he's in a 2-point stance. Please, show me where a MLB in college makes a TFL from this scenario. Anyone... Post the footage. Most MLB in this position have 4 down DL in front of them shooting un-blocked through an empty gap. You all need to relax. If he could do what you all are asking he'd be declaring for the draft.

you're asking him to toss a bigger kid that weighs 240lbs, coming from a lower position with more force, to the side like a napkin (which he eventually does) without engaging him or being pushed back? He has to control the bigger blocker before he uses leverage to eventually throw him. You all don't know what you're talking about. It's almost impossible to do. If he was in a 3-point also and could just shoot a gap that's different, but that's not what the drill seems to be about.

I guess we see different things here but I'll invite anyone to post footage of what you all imagine he could have done in that situation.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back