Shaq quarterman a beast....

Who is this kid? Preferred walk-on? Haven't seen his name around here before. Might need Geo to PM me a scouting report because he looks decent in that clip.

Advertisement
A lot of people need to also keep in mind that Shaq is 240lbs. I don't care what year he is..he's not gonna get bytched too many times in any drill. I'm sure Herndon was caught off guard regarding how big and strong he was at the point of attack. Esp for a true freshmen.

Watch again. This is not an Oklahoma drill. If Shaq doesn't make both tackles, Walton is in the secondary. Grace and Pinckney are not much help.

Lulz @ broke. Any thread started by a goldenofrio lover should should be deleted with extreme prejudice

Dawg you are dumb af on the real, I don't know where the **** you all get that dumb sh*t from.

It has been pretty well documented that you were screaming from the mountaintops that you wanted the Golden staph to get one more year to show what they can do. Now you are on here calling out other posters for their lack of football knowledge in your eyes. Pot meet kettle...on the real Dawg.
I can pull up posts from years back saying I wanted golden gone and didn't like him,not my fault some of you like to be followers on this board and ran with with that **** narrative

What quarterman did in this drill was very good for a true freshman weeks removed from highschool no matter what anyone says...

Advertisement
I agree...he did good and i give him a half a credit since he should be getting ready for prom...but a beast would have made that tackle in the back field... but i know he is only gonna get better...#superproud

All due respect but that was a **** of a couple plays. This kid is going up against Juniors, holding the point, shedding, and making solid tackles. The only LB of the 3 doing that for a kid that has not done 4 full years in H.S. This is beastly, and what gets lost here is the timing of the drill. No real snap or hand-off, the TEs are firing off the ball, and RB coming down hill a little quicker than game speed. Shaq was excellent and every bit of impressive enough for a post like this. Asking way too much at this stage of his development to make TFL in a 3 on 3 drill head-up on a blocker without true gap responsibility across the line. He's doing more read and react in this drill than simply blasting through a gap to the ball.

He's gonna be a great one.
True. ..The O has a number of advantages in this drill...not until watching it on the computer versus my phone...i didn't realize he made both tackles... even more empressed.. Herndon is a pretty big dude... In the second play he choose a side whiched fooled herndon who was expecting a head up attack more fooling than beating... and i would have liked to see him keeps his feet and go through the tackle versus to the tackle...but again not bad ...showed some strength and nose for the ball... and i agree that he is going to better

For a reality check people should focus on how Stan mushes Grace and Njoku destroys Pinckney to see what happens to LBs in this type of scenario. Maybe then you'll appreciate what Shaq did.

Which brings up another topic of discussion that a 205 LB can play in the box in Div 1 football.
Good thing that 205 pound Grace isn't going to be playing DT where he's lined up right over a blocker, who can get hands on him right away. He's a LB who will have a lot more space to use his speed and defeat blocks in ways that don't require mass.

So it has come to this...every drill is analyzed to find every possible fault. If Shaq had thrown Walton for a loss on both plays the sky would be falling because of the poor blocking and Walton being an average running back.

Some of us just like to complain.

Advertisement
I agree...he did good and i give him a half a credit since he should be getting ready for prom...but a beast would have made that tackle in the back field... but i know he is only gonna get better...#superproud

All due respect but that was a **** of a couple plays. This kid is going up against Juniors, holding the point, shedding, and making solid tackles. The only LB of the 3 doing that for a kid that has not done 4 full years in H.S. This is beastly, and what gets lost here is the timing of the drill. No real snap or hand-off, the TEs are firing off the ball, and RB coming down hill a little quicker than game speed. Shaq was excellent and every bit of impressive enough for a post like this. Asking way too much at this stage of his development to make TFL in a 3 on 3 drill head-up on a blocker without true gap responsibility across the line. He's doing more read and react in this drill than simply blasting through a gap to the ball.

He's gonna be a great one.
True. ..The O has a number of advantages in this drill...not until watching it on the computer versus my phone...i didn't realize he made both tackles... even more empressed.. Herndon is a pretty big dude... In the second play he choose a side whiched fooled herndon who was expecting a head up attack more fooling than beating... and i would have liked to see him keeps his feet and go through the tackle versus to the tackle...but again not bad ...showed some strength and nose for the ball... and i agree that he is going to better

For a reality check people should focus on how Stan mushes Grace and Njoku destroys Pinckney to see what happens to LBs in this type of scenario. Maybe then you'll appreciate what Shaq did.

Which brings up another topic of discussion that a 205 LB can play in the box in Div 1 football.

Anyone else really enjoying the fact that Mahoney-Pearson is trying to convince UKnowWhat that Shaq is good?

Last edited:
A lot of people need to also keep in mind that Shaq is 240lbs. I don't care what year he is..he's not gonna get bytched too many times in any drill. I'm sure Herndon was caught off guard regarding how big and strong he was at the point of attack. Esp for a true freshmen.

240lbs or not, he's still a kid.

Believe it or not there's a difference between a 240lb 18 year old and a 240lb 22 year old.

If 18 year olds could do what 21/22 year olds could do (physically) then we'd probably see some of them go straight to the NFL.

Believe it or not there's a difference between a 240lb 18 year old and a 240lb 22 year old.

If 18 year olds could do what 21/22 year olds could do (physically) then we'd probably see some of them go straight to the NFL.

Some can do it though and especially now with players working out at much younger ages these days.

Advertisement

Some can do it though and especially now with players working out at much younger ages these days.

Indeed.

Advertisement
Back