Shaq needs to be taken out on 3rd downs

blackvern

All-ACC
Banned
He is a prototypical two down linebacker.. We need somebody with more speed in there. He's a cane through and through but the coaches arent putting him in the best positions to succeed. He is not a sideline to sideline LB, He is an in the box thumper. I know he has the senior leadership and everything but it was cringeworthy watching him try to run down Pittsburgh QB today

Advertisement
Advertisement
He is a prototypical two down linebacker.. We need somebody with more speed in there. He's a cane through and through but the coaches arent putting him in the best positions to succeed. He is not a sideline to sideline LB, He is an in the box thumper. I know he has the senior leadership and everything but it was cringeworthy watching him try to run down Pittsburgh QB today
Im watching LSU right now and when i see there linebackers run im like holy **** there fast. We havent had that type of speed since Butch kids left. There whole roster on D has cloaing speed

Advertisement
in the first half alone he had 5 or 6 plays where his lack of foot speed cost us big plays.....it also seemed as if Pitt was trying to isolate him in one on one coverage and profit. Im sure other coaches see what we see.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He plays for a joke of a coaching staff, it is what it is

Advertisement

Agree 1000%. Should be Finley at MIKE on passing downs. If Shaq is on the field in those situations he has to be at or near the line of scrimmage.

shaq needs to be taken out period.
Unfortunately we don't have anyone to replace him (they won't let Brooks play).

He's unbelievably slow. Forget 'in the box thumper', he had a Pocket QB obliterating angles on him today.

I hope he got his degree because he's not playing at the next level, regardless of all the media hype he gets (48 starts!).

Advertisement
Back