Shannon vs Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

All ACC
Premium
The recruiting battles with Florida for defensive players has me thinking.

Who's the better coordinator of the two, based on Shannons time here as a DC, not head coach?

Advertisement
Give Diaz the defensive talent of the 2000-2005 Miami teams and I'm not sure we'd allow a single point

I prefer Diaz (based on his frankly limited sample size of one year) but Shannon was better than people are now making him out to be. Shannon was a good DC but not a great one.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Won a ring with shonnon but i dont live in the past (like much of thr board) nor do I opperate off of hypotheticals. I take diaz cuz he is currently a cane....fug shannon the gayturd

Go Canes.....fug everyone else

I am rolling with Diaz, why you ask?.... because he is our coach and is currently giving us hope.

Give me our aggressive 4-3 nasty D over that uncreative, conservative Defense.

Who's the better coordinator of the two, based on Shannons time here as a DC, not head coach?

Diaz had an impressive first year. Shannon has the more impressive resume with the U.

As an aside, and **** yeah I am about to go there . . . There are a few reasons I believe Shannon is not beloved by Miami fans. Order them the way you want!

Shannon doesn't come across very well in the media.
Shannon is black, insert Steve Martin gif!
Shannon failed as head coach here.
Shannon seems intolerant and inflexible as it relates to his players/routines/schemes . . . 1 ex each . . . Sam Shields seemed to stay in his doghouse and never got out . . . he ran practice at 6 am or something crazy at times during the season . . . if another ******* tight end or wr drag over the middle hits, Ill lose my ******* mind.
Shannon ran a bend don't break defense that wasn't as aggressive as we all probably like! Additionally, it works great with first rounders at every spot . . .

Advertisement
Diaz certainly did a great job in 2016. But one thing I still am a little wary of is that Diaz had a good first year at both Texas and Mississippi State but declined after that. (Particularly at UT.) Some UT fans believe that offenses figured out his defense over time. Hopefully the same pattern won't occur here.

I have watched Canes football since the mid 1970's. We have had some really good coordinators. Sonny Lubick, Wannstedt Schiano, Tuberville, and Shannon. Probably a few others I have not remembered. I can't remember a full season where I struggle to remember any head scratchers as far as defensive calls were concerned and I saw a ton of aggressive calls all year. Other than the VT game, the defense came to play fired up every week. So, not just because he is our current coach but because I saw some things that were smart and innovative I have to give the nod to Manny based on this one season. Our average players played good and our good players bordered on greatness at times. That is all you can ask a coach to do and he did it.

Zyzz25o.gif

Advertisement
Shannons D depended too much on having studs all over the field to be successful. I'll go with Diaz.

I roll with Diaz given what he had to work with this year. Lost his two best defensive players before game 1 and was forced to start 3 true freshman LBs. Shannon put out some great defenses, but those defenses were flat out loaded with talent, whereas Diaz is still developing these kids.

Manny's defense this year with 3 Tru freshman linebackers and a young d-line, losing grace and Muhammad, putting in new system, performed astonishingly phenomonal.Shannon isn't near diaz's level in game planning, adjusting, teaching, recruiting. Shannon is a below average coach. Wait till you see this defense next year. Maybe best front 7 in the country. Secondary will be young but talented as ****. All great Hurricane teams fed off a dominate bad *** knock your head off defence. We finally have it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back