Shannon vs Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Larry Coker the greatest head coach in Miami history or did he just have the luxury of coaching uber talented teams?

Advertisement
Was Larry Coker the greatest head coach in Miami history or did he just have the luxury of coaching uber talented teams?

Coker was a really good coach X's and O's but was a horrible talent recruiter. The poor QB, running back and receiver recruitment was bad. The overall recruitment of skilled players on offense was bad.

Many will never forgive Lance Leggett..lol

Coker was a really good coach X's and O's but was a horrible talent recruiter. The poor QB, running back and receiver recruitment was bad. The overall recruitment of skilled players on offense was bad.

Exactly, so Larry Coker was a good coach as long as his team was full of NFL draft picks. As soon as talent level dipped, results followed.

Exactly, so Larry Coker was a good coach as long as his team was full of NFL draft picks. As soon as talent level dipped, results followed.

I get what you are saying tho

Talent and good coaching go hand and hand. For every great coach you will find that he worked with great talent.

Bad coaching is when you pull what D'onfrio and Golden did. They had talent all over the field and still posted defenses ranking in the 90's

Advertisement
As a defensive coordinator and position coach at the U, Randy Shannon was a good/great coordinator (saying that top 10 defenses are due solely to talent is absurd and not an argument used for other defensive minds) but to say forget all the subpar defenses as a head coach is foolish...Charlie Strong won 2 national championships as a DC but no one on this board would proclaim him as the greatest defensive mind because his defenses as a head coach were not very good most years...especially at Texas...Diaz has one year as our DC and has given hope where there were subpar defenses (50-100 in the rankings), but he isn't the GOAT and I prefer him because he is our coach right now while Shannon works for the Gators (therefore not a coach I prize anymore)...

Randy is the GOAT UM defensive coordinator. He is really a great coach and one of the best defensive coaches in the game.

Diaz has an opportunity to make a run at that thrown. His defense last season was pretty good. Was it on the level of Randy Shannon, of course not but Diaz future looks bright in Coral Gables.

I said early in the season that if Diaz can get UM's defense in the 20's then it would be a really good year and if he was able to get them under 15 then it was a BEAST season.

My only fear of Diaz is that he might not stick around because of the options that may open up for him.

"Randy is the GOAT UM defensive coordinator"

I don't know about that. I think he was good or very good depending on point of view.
But we have had some great ones so I'm not sure about GOAT.
Sunny Lubick
Dave Wanstead
Tommy Tuberville

The shell shock from Golden/D'onofrio is clouding some of your opinions. We had a good year under Diaz. The only stat that stands out is tackles for loss. The other major rankings are in the top 20ish. Lets see what he does with a monster front 7 and an unproven secondary next year before crowning him.

Top 20 with only one proven corner and all freshman LB. Not to mention that we lost our best pass rusher a week before the season and we were in the 90's last year. Yuuuuuuge

Diaz had a good year. But realistically, with south florida talent, it's inexcusable for Miami (FL) to not have top 20 defenses every year.

Which is why FIU always has dominant defenses.

This "south Florida talent" thing is so overplayed especially now that South Florida is recruited by everyone

Advertisement
Shannon, Chud, and Coker should say a little prayer for Butch Davis every night. All three built their inflated resumes on the backs of Butch's NFL quality talent.

Randy is the GOAT UM defensive coordinator. He is really a great coach and one of the best defensive coaches in the game.

Diaz has an opportunity to make a run at that thrown. His defense last season was pretty good. Was it on the level of Randy Shannon, of course not but Diaz future looks bright in Coral Gables.

I said early in the season that if Diaz can get UM's defense in the 20's then it would be a really good year and if he was able to get them under 15 then it was a BEAST season.

My only fear of Diaz is that he might not stick around because of the options that may open up for him.

I don't know about that. I think he was good or very good depending on point of view.
Sunny Lubick
Dave Wanstead
Tommy Tuberville
yeah those were really good also

Shannon, Chud, and Coker should say a little prayer for Butch Davis every night. All three built their inflated resumes on the backs of Butch's NFL quality talent.

And Butch didn't build His resume off JJ's jock?...the same Butch that it took JJ 14 years to promote to DC. LOL...this is the dumbest post in the history of Shannon hating posts I've ever seen.

And Butch didn't build His resume off JJ's jock?...the same Butch that it took JJ 14 years to promote to DC. LOL...this is the dumbest post in the history of Shannon hating posts I've ever seen.

You and your buddies on the RPC (Radio Protection Crew) are some of the dumbest, most misinformed, and race-baiting porsters on this site.

Your statement above is patently false. I know you want to stir up a bunch of race hysteria on here, but at least get your facts right.

Advertisement
Can anyone give me Butch Davis's stats as a DC at the University of Miami? And if you can't find any why are people trying to put him on the same level as Randy Shannon as a DC? Butch built his name off of Dave Wannstedt defenses. Moro just dropped a bomb!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure there will be a yeah but.... LOL!!!

Can anyone give me Butch Davis's stats as a DC at the University of Miami? And if you can't find any why are people trying to put him on the same level as Randy Shannon as a DC? Butch built his name off of Dave Wannstedt defenses. Moro just dropped a bomb!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure there will be a yeah but.... LOL!!!

That would be a great stat to find....if he was ever the D.C. For Miami.....

Who let azzzhole back in to porst?

You and your buddies on the RPC (Radio Protection Crew) are some of the dumbest, most misinformed, and race-baiting porsters on this site.

Your statement above is patently false. I know you want to stir up a bunch of race hysteria on here, but at least get your facts right.

Here ya' go racist:

1979–1983
Oklahoma State (TE/WR)

1984–1988
Miami (FL) (DL)

1989–1992
Dallas Cowboys (DL)

1993–1994
Dallas Cowboys (DC)

79' to 93' gives ya' 14 years, right, racist?

Advertisement

Sunny Lubick
Dave Wanstead
Tommy Tuberville

So if Randy had higher ranked defenses than these three would you consider him GOAT then? Or will we need to add yet another qualifier? I mean give us a break yawl got so many and we only have one Brother... lol

Here ya' go racist:

1979–1983
Oklahoma State (TE/WR)

1984–1988
Miami (FL) (DL)

1989–1992
Dallas Cowboys (DL)

1993–1994
Dallas Cowboys (DC)

Ok, just so I understand. We are looking for DC stats at the University of Miami and you want to use Butch Davis's stats as a DL coach and from OK St and Dallas Cowboys? **** looks like Putin is hacking CIS Canes GOAT DC voting system.... Can we get a fare voting system please?

There are a lot of things that go into defensive results, such as skill of the players and time in system. At this point Diaz is getting ready to close his first full term class at Miami, so this thread is 4 years too early.

Shannon did a good job as our DC, but it took him 7ish years for someone else to give him that chance, so that tells me something about what other head coaches think.

Here ya' go racist:

1979–1983
Oklahoma State (TE/WR)

1984–1988
Miami (FL) (DL)

1989–1992
Dallas Cowboys (DL)

1993–1994
Dallas Cowboys (DC)

You don't know me to call me a racist.

But your posting history is a clear indication you're a race pimp. There is no doubt about that.

There's also no doubt you just played yourself. You can't count his time on the other side of the ball. But nice try playing fast and loose with the facts.

You're so shook about your hero gaturd, radio, that it's hilarious. Go to the gaturd boards and post there, I think you'll be happier.

Radio got you all on alert. It's laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back