Shannon Dawson is the New OC/QB Coach

View as article
Advertisement
Do you honestly think Dana Holgersen wasn't heavily involved in the offense at Houston? Similarly, Mario is going to be involved in the offense here. It's highly unlikely that Mario is going to give Dawson carte blanche to run his own offense, particularly an air raid.
I was a grad assistant there!! Dana ain’t worth a ****

Advertisement
Man I’ve been trying hard to figure out where all the negatives were coming from but I just don’t see it other than him not being a huge name

Houston has been a better program than us lately and they had a 1,500 yard wide receiver last year

Mallory was our leading receiver

Also this guy coaches TEs and we are stacking that position

He actually has a very diverse run scheme too..
The more I read posts like this the more I get excited.

My mind is now going to wondering what this means for a guy like Jacurri. On the surface the new offense wouldn't really make sense for him but maybe Dawson turns him into a lethal passer over the next 18 months.

Advertisement
May not be the perfect hire but you're going to attract WRs to play in this offense again. Speeds up the learning curve of the passing game for Jacurri. Air-raid is very easy to learn and to apply on the field.

Does this make us 10-2 or 11-1 next year? No. But I think we capitalize on what we do have and TVDs last year is a good fit in the system. Year 1 under Dawson will far exceed year 1 under someone like Applewhite, Streeter, etc.

I expect 30 points per game.

Who Is This Ej Johnson GIF by Red Table Talk

Advertisement
Advertisement
The more I read posts like this the more I get excited.

My mind is now going to wondering what this means for a guy like Jacurri. On the surface the new offense wouldn't really make sense for him but maybe Dawson turns him into a lethal passer over the next 18 months.
His run scheme is great.. we (houston) just couldn’t block worth a **** consistently.. and still scored more than 30 a game. well now he has Mario and Mirabel.. I’m positive we’ll score points

Man I’ve been trying hard to figure out where all the negatives were coming from but I just don’t see it other than him not being a huge name

Houston has been a better program than us lately and they had a 1,500 yard wide receiver last year

Mallory was our leading receiver

Also this guy coaches TEs and we are stacking that position
It's not a bad hire at all.

Dawson's hire represents a significant shift in offensive philosophy for Mario.

Of course there are better candidates out there.

But Dawson will have a Lashlee like effect on the offense.

Advertisement
Back