Shalala Setting Tone Pre UF Game

Never understood the hate some people have for her.

It's mostly political, with a little bit of sexism thrown in for good measure.

This
its pretty black and white..if you have a very prestigious, powerhouse company that suddenly tanks and stays irrelevant for nearly a decade, who would you blame? Wouldnt the person at the top, start to feel the heat at some point. It is impossible to argue that the football team has been underacheiving for the better part of 8 years. At what point would you say , "ok something isn't right at the top"?

Advertisement
I would have rather sit in that old rusty broken down stadium that had character than the piece of garbage they play in now! That's all!
you are 1000% correct and you may even hurt some uppity peoples feelings. Whatever you do, do not state that football is more important than player grades and enrollment standards

You are a stupid f@cking kuntbag.

Those are my feelings.
a little frustrated? are you also mildly retarded?

This
its pretty black and white..if you have a very prestigious, powerhouse company that suddenly tanks and stays irrelevant for nearly a decade, who would you blame? Wouldnt the person at the top, start to feel the heat at some point. It is impossible to argue that the football team has been underacheiving for the better part of 8 years. At what point would you say , "ok something isn't right at the top"?

Except the football team is only one part of the powerhouse company--which is the University as a whole. In other words, it's like having one department of a large company that is underperforming. And it was only truly underperforming for the last year or so under Coker and all of Shannon's tenure.

So at the end of Coker's tenure, the CEO of the company meets with the Board of Directors to get somebody to fix the issues. They decide, because of budgetary constraints, to go with the cheapest option (Shannon) and hope it works out. It doesn't work out, so then they decide to step up to the plate and hire a young gun on the rise (Golden). That seems to be working.

Meanwhile, the company as a whole (e.g. the University) has been doing really well. And even when the one department (the football team) has been underperforming, the company itself is still making more money than ever before.

So, yeah, your analogy is a little off.

Last edited:

This

LMFAO. What a horrible analogy. You just failed the SAT. I hate to break this to you, but Donna Shalala is President of the University of Miami. The UNIVERSITY, not the FOOTBALL TEAM, is the "powerhouse company."

1. They are the type that cannot possibly like someone because they have a different political affiliation than themselves

I can possibly like someone who has a different political affiliation.

2. They believe that the UNIVERSITY of Miami is a pro-football program above and beyond everything else
[The UNIVERSITY of Miami IS a university, it is not a pro-football program and it is silly to suggest "they" believe so, this needs no further explanation.
In sum, they are usually the most ignorant types of Miami "fans"
1+2 does not add up to your sum.
Thanks for the banal and vapid characterization. Maybe you should also throw in folks that don't like hobbits. Always good to hear from the folks up on the summit.
So then why do you not like Shalala, assuming you don't, and assuming you don't fit into either of the two prongs? I'm all ears.

Thank you for assuming I don't fit into your model. So you see, you are capable of engaging someone you disagree with. Insofar as Ms Shalala, the hate word is over the top, she seems to be a delightful little hobbit. I'm just not so spring-loaded to be one of the cool kids. And I think a great university could probably do better.
What do you see in her that makes you think there are better people for the job? You can try skirting the question however you'd like. Not wanting to be one of the "cool kids" isn't sufficient.

What do you not see in a country with a population upwards of 300 Million people that suggests that this one person is so unique for this job? (you see what I did there?)

Your assertions, you support them, not my job to answer a false narrative. Others here have at least parroted some politprop talking points like "increased educational standing" or, "made my degree more valuable." Another said his degree was not more valuable, and the university's academic standing has recently declined.

It appears that opinions differ. You see a university president without peer, I see a person that has done a good job climbing the career ladder--playing the game. To change my opinion I'd like to see the financial records and review her "great decisions" and their results.

Anyway, I'm going to elbow that guy off the "they're all corrupt" platform and look down my nose at hobbits and their slurpers because this is a football board, not a forum for DS, bs.

I do appreciate the guy that said DS gave a good pep talk. She didn't have to and I like what he said that the remarks were brief and on-point.

Advertisement

Our fan base believes she is really President of the football team ONLY and not the school as a whole. Many people are just ignorant but hey we're talking about the Canes' "Fan" Base.
typical arrogant alum response..talk down to those who didnt attend UM but are probably 10 times the fan that you are..football is THE ONLY reason our school is relevant. Football is also the only reason a hamster i mean woman of Shalala's statue would even take the job here. To then neglect the program which she did (see, Randy Shannon, not saving the OB and leaving the big east). We dont belong in the ACC and we dont belong playing in the worst venue in college football. who is to blame?

Not Sure if Serious

I would have rather sit in that old rusty broken down stadium that had character than the piece of garbage they play in now! That's all!
you are 1000% correct and you may even hurt some uppity peoples feelings. Whatever you do, do not state that football is more important than player grades and enrollment standards

You are a stupid f@cking kuntbag.

Those are my feelings.
a little frustrated? are you also mildly retarded?

Not at all, I am not surprised you didn't respond to my other post either.

You are the one that came here and dropped this gem.

typical arrogant alum response..talk down to those who didnt attend UM but are probably 10 times the fan that you are..football is THE ONLY reason our school is relevant. Football is also the only reason a hamster i mean woman of Shalala's statue would even take the job here. To then neglect the program which she did (see, Randy Shannon, not saving the OB and leaving the big east). We dont belong in the ACC and we dont belong playing in the worst venue in college football. who is to blame?

"10 times the fan." Look mom I'm "10 times the fan." Beat your chest Mr. "10 times the fan," this sandpaper ***** is for you!

1+2 does not add up to your sum.
Thanks for the banal and vapid characterization. Maybe you should also throw in folks that don't like hobbits. Always good to hear from the folks up on the summit.
So then why do you not like Shalala, assuming you don't, and assuming you don't fit into either of the two prongs? I'm all ears.

Thank you for assuming I don't fit into your model. So you see, you are capable of engaging someone you disagree with. Insofar as Ms Shalala, the hate word is over the top, she seems to be a delightful little hobbit. I'm just not so spring-loaded to be one of the cool kids. And I think a great university could probably do better.
What do you see in her that makes you think there are better people for the job? You can try skirting the question however you'd like. Not wanting to be one of the "cool kids" isn't sufficient.

What do you not see in a country with a population upwards of 300 Million people that suggests that this one person is so unique for this job? (you see what I did there?)

Your assertions, you support them, not my job to answer a false narrative. Others here have at least parroted some politprop talking points like "increased educational standing" or, "made my degree more valuable." Another said his degree was not more valuable, and the university's academic standing has recently declined.

It appears that opinions differ. You see a university president without peer, I see a person that has done a good job climbing the career ladder--playing the game. To change my opinion I'd like to see the financial records and review her "great decisions" and their results.

Anyway, I'm going to elbow that guy off the "they're all corrupt" platform and look down my nose at hobbits and their slurpers because this is a football board, not a forum for DS, bs.

I do appreciate the guy that said DS gave a good pep talk. She didn't have to and I like what he said that the remarks were brief and on-point.

so why is it that every time anything remotely bad happens, a thread pops up saying shalala has to go or that she ruined our football program? why is it that, in one way or another, any mention of sun life's issues somehow comes back to how the president needs to be fired? this is one of the few threads that started with some praise for shalala instead of some ignorant bullsh*t.

This

uf#g should have fired everyone in the organization after the Ron Zook error.

Advertisement

This

LMFAO. What a horrible analogy. You just failed the SAT. I hate to break this to you, but Donna Shalala is President of the University of Miami. The UNIVERSITY, not the FOOTBALL TEAM, is the "powerhouse company."

These new Heat fans think UM is a pro football franchise.

This

But bro, he said it was pretty black and white. That ends all arguments.

so why is it that every time anything remotely bad happens, a thread pops up saying shalala has to go or that she ruined our football program? why is it that, in one way or another, any mention of sun life's issues somehow comes back to how the president needs to be fired? this is one of the few threads that started with some praise for shalala instead of some ignorant bullsh*t.

I don't know, it wasn't me. I've never called for her firing, just not part of the adoration society and some make it easy to mess with them, it's a stimulating way to pass the time between useful UM football posts.

It isn't likely she had much of an option not to go to JRS. The notion that tearing down the OB to build a baseball facility was perhaps short sighted, based on assumptions that were not likely to pan out with the customer base, or more cynically it was to line the pockets of the builders and politicos. She had no control and little power to influence that, I don't blame DS for the way this all played out.

Unless and until some Bill Gate$$$ type fan comes along and drops some serious cash coupled with a personable and persistent local guy who knows how to play the local thie, er defalcators there ain't gonna be no new stadium. In the meantime enjoy being frisked, fondled, fleeced and deafened, it's all part of the cost of seeing our beloved Canes in person.

here we go, with the loyal but stupid Shalala supporter crowd. To join this group, you MUST be an alum and must recognize that academics are way more important than Football..Suck my **** bro

spoken like a true dumbass

Some people must have forgot Mr. Foote

Advertisement

This

These new Heat fans think UM is a pro football franchise.
new heat fan? LOL not at all..stayed faithful from Rony Seikaly through Rice and Smith To my man ZO..if there is one thing im not is a new heat fan

This

i would like the opportunity to assault you

i would like the opportunity to assault you

That was actually very funny.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back