Shalala Setting Tone Pre UF Game

anyone who's avatar proclaims Zo is god, when in fact Clapton is God, is beyond delusional and it makes no sense arguing

Advertisement
Dr. Shalala is one of the most prestigious university presidents in the country.

Her first priority is and should be academics. Parents shell out a lot of money for their kids to go to Miami. Football fans shell out some money some of the time to sometimes watch some of the football games.

Anyone who doubts her loyalty to the football team is, for lack of a better term, a moron. She has put her neck out for it publicly in the face of NCAA and media scrutiny.

FIFY

Shalala is also the one that put UWisc.back on the map when she hired Richter AD and Alvarez as coach.
Before she got there,Wisc.was not even close to .500 ballclub.
If you recall,Shalala then wanted Alvarez at UM,but Wisc.kicked in another $500T,so we settled for Shannon.
Give her credit,Golden and James may be as good of hires as she had at Wisc.

Never understood the hate some people have for her.

Our fan base believes she is really President of the football team ONLY and not the school as a whole. Many people are just ignorant but hey we're talking about the Canes' "Fan" Base.
typical arrogant alum response..talk down to those who didnt attend UM but are probably 10 times the fan that you are..football is THE ONLY reason our school is relevant. Football is also the only reason a hamster i mean woman of Shalala's statue would even take the job here. To then neglect the program which she did (see, Randy Shannon, not saving the OB and leaving the big east). We dont belong in the ACC and we dont belong playing in the worst venue in college football. who is to blame?

This has to be a troll.

How could anyone hate Shalala?

1. They are the type that cannot possibly like someone because they have a different political affiliation than themselves
2. They believe that the UNIVERSITY of Miami is a pro-football program above and beyond everything else

In sum, they are usually the most ignorant types of Miami "fans"

Advertisement
The city of Miami decided pretty early that they'd rather have a failing baseball organization in a new stadium than a college football team in a renovated stadium.

Putting that on anyone at the University is silly, there was literally no chance of saving the Orange Bowl unless a couple of billion dollars fell from the sky.

1. They are the type that cannot possibly like someone because they have a different political affiliation than themselves
2. They believe that the UNIVERSITY of Miami is a pro-football program above and beyond everything else

Thanks for the banal and vapid characterization. Maybe you should also throw in folks that don't like hobbits. Always good to hear from the folks up on the summit.

Thanks for the banal and vapid characterization. Maybe you should also throw in folks that don't like hobbits. Always good to hear from the folks up on the summit.
So then why do you not like Shalala, assuming you don't, and assuming you don't fit into either of the two prongs? I'm all ears.

Never understood the hate some people have for her.

Our fan base believes she is really President of the football team ONLY and not the school as a whole. Many people are just ignorant but hey we're talking about the Canes' "Fan" Base.
typical arrogant alum response..talk down to those who didnt attend UM but are probably 10 times the fan that you are..football is THE ONLY reason our school is relevant. Football is also the only reason a hamster i mean woman of Shalala's statue would even take the job here. To then neglect the program which she did (see, Randy Shannon, not saving the OB and leaving the big east). We dont belong in the ACC and we dont belong playing in the worst venue in college football. who is to blame?

This post is full of dumb.

Advertisement
I would have rather sit in that old rusty broken down stadium that had character than the piece of garbage they play in now! That's all!

Advertisement
She made the decision to move out of the Orange Bowl, right? I'd say that has something to do with it!
I would have rather sit in that old rusty broken down stadium that had character than the piece of garbage they play in now! That's all!

Which has what to do with Shalala?

No.

I do agree that I'd rather have the rusty OB, but there was nothing anyone at UM could have done to save it.

She made the decision to move out of the Orange Bowl, right? I'd say that has something to do with it!

the city had more to do with it than the university. the city gave us zero revenue from parking and a fraction of what we get from sun life on concessions. also, they wouldn't finance a renovation, despite being city property. it was obvious that they wanted it gone to build marlins park.

Advertisement
I disagree!

No.

I do agree that I'd rather have the rusty OB, but there was nothing anyone at UM could have done to save it.

Honest question: what do you think were Shalala's options? Do you believe she could have "made the decision" to stay in the OB, and then the politicians of the city of Miami would have said "well, ok Donna, you're the boss; we'll make it happen"?

Do you not recall the fact that Shalala had brokered a deal whereby UM would put up a significant sum of cash (I think it was in the 50-75 mil range) if the city would agree to renovate the OB? Do you not recall the city initially agreeing to that deal, and then backing out of it a couple years later? Do you not recall the plans for a possible side-by-side multi-sport complex, with a renovated OB on one side and a new Marlins stadium adjoining it? Do you not recall the city backing out of that deal too?

What do you think Donna should have done? Should she have tried to buy the OB outright from the city? Even though the city obviously wouldn't sell, as they wanted to put the Marlins stadium there instead?

Last edited:
I disagree!

No.

Okay, explain why?

We skate...28 months later...we Skate

I would expect you students and grads to stand behind your Prez...you should

as outsiders and majority of Season ticket holders we also have the right to dis-like her for some decisions early on to Miami and money she is burning up at U health..where 100s were let go as salaries soared for others...

She has hired golden, hired Coach L and Katy for WBB....all good things.
She walks the tailgates and is open to speak to not just alumni or students but fans and boosters of the program.
as for the NCAA she has done nothing like some of you dreamed up she would 26 months ago...not her fault she did say she was going to fix it all in 3 months and use her political power to fix anything,,,you so called donna slobbers said all this and just added more fuel to the hate donna file...

The ncaa is what it is..she is doing what they tell her to do just like other schools around the country...

I have no beefs for her I always politely say hello and good bye..she has a job to do just like the rest of us...

Advertisement
Back