SFHS REPORTS THAT YEARBY COMMITS TO MIAMI!!!

Miami flips one of the best RB's in the country from one of its rivals and people are complaining? What should AG say to Yerby "we want you but you are going to have to wait so we can see what Cook and Sony think"? This is a huge pick up and people should be ecstatic I know I would be if he was going to my team. I just cant believe people are complaining about getting a top 50 player in the country.

Cook's hype has clouded people's judgements.
Yeah it crazy the goal of the staff should be to get any two of the three.

The question is, how much longer before you flip from Gator to Cane?

Advertisement
I can't imagine Golden and the staff turning Michel or Cook down because of numbers.

I don't blame him! Not sure why some are complaining this kid is a stud.

I like yearby a lot. If this were any other year where we didn't have 2 5 star studs in our backyards, we'd be patting ourselves on the back with this commit. Yearby is as solid as it gets. When I first heard about this, I knew cook was a long shot and a huge uphill battle. I think we should all be prepared for losing cook. Clemson won't go down without a fight.

Sony will be a signing day battle, IMO. With yearby, it's the whole bird in hand issue. Golden does not want to leave it by chance with cook and Sony.

Yearby is Coley's boy too. However he plans to run his offense its pretty clear he wants Yearby to be a part of it.

Advertisement

Hype is fake. There is nothing fake about Cook.

The disappointment comes from the reality that at least one first round talent RB will be leaving South Florida to play football, a year after another first round talent went to Arkansas. That's discouraging to me.

Yearby, while good, doesn't have the future that those three have IMO. He's a Cane and I'll ride or die with him, but I'm just being honest.

I also wanted Cook, but I'm starting to think how much of a chance we really had with him to begin with. This stuff about his family looking for hand outs....not good. Nevermind the fact that he's committed to Clem$on who rarely loses recruits (unless you got Arab money like Ole Miss). and then dude comes out today talking about "Miami's fourth".

Yes, losing Cook hurts....but its acceptable assuming we get Michel, and thenScarlett next year.

I love this pick-up. Here's my take:

1. Yearby always makes plays and with our depth chart having a back with great vision, cutting, consistency and production is huge even if he does not house it as much as cook or sony.
2. I think Cook is used ideally by Central - to me he is a homerun threat every time he touches the ball but I think his lower touches maximizes this skill and keeps him fresh. I also think his vision while improving is more similar to lamar miller at this point. Miller made a ton of plays here but w/o amazing vision also had a lot of plays go for little or no gain. Who would not have loved to have had a yearby compliment to lamar?
3. Sony is a beast and will only be better 2 years removed from his acl injury. I do not think he is damaged whatsoever (I think this yr he will show he's the best of the 3) but he now has an inherent risk - think of guys like terrell thomas who has torn his acl 3 times - where once torn there is a higher risk of re-injury. Therefore with Sony's risk we needed AT LEAST one other back.

Advertisement
If we have a great season on the field, I don't see any reason why we can't get all 3. Just look at all the RB's Bama pulled, or all the WR's A2M pulled.

Watching Yearby's highlights made me think of Maurice Jones-Drew a little. I have no problem with this pickup. You got to take a stud RB if he wants in. Then we can wait it out with Sony and/or Cook and still feel ok as long as Yearby is solid.

Lets hope he stay bring it home boys bring it home also hearing y'all talking about cook being next year miami don't make sense he make things clear from now and he just said this change everything and its not like lane said bama is his fav I know for a fact lane is a cane look what happen with coley we never thought we had a chance Bryant, Matthew, Collins ones they left u should not be surprise

Last edited:

The disappointment comes from the reality that at least one first round talent RB will be leaving South Florida to play football, a year after another first round talent went to Arkansas. That's discouraging to me.

Yearby, while good, doesn't have the future that those three have IMO. He's a Cane and I'll ride or die with him, but I'm just being honest.
DMoney what would you do if you're Golden? Let's say Yearby is 4 star and Cook is 5 star. The 4 star is a sure thing, good family, solid kid, no recruiting games, no drama and no signing day surprises. On the other hand, the 5 star kid has some family baggage that can cause headache and maybe even ineligibility issues in the future, like the recruiting game, names favorites while still committed to a school and may end up keeping you hanging till signing day.
Which one you will take first irrespective of the outcome of the recruitment of the other?

Will you say no to Yearby if he wants to commit just because you think Cook is little better? (even though who is better is subject to debate)
All this for nothing and yet he never said he dont want to be a cane unlike Matthew did in the start won't be suprise if cooks a cane

DMoney what would you do if you're Golden? Let's say Yearby is 4 star and Cook is 5 star. The 4 star is a sure thing, good family, solid kid, no recruiting games, no drama and no signing day surprises. On the other hand, the 5 star kid has some family baggage that can cause headache and maybe even ineligibility issues in the future, like the recruiting game, names favorites while still committed to a school and may end up keeping you hanging till signing day.
Which one you will take first irrespective of the outcome of the recruitment of the other?

Will you say no to Yearby if he wants to commit just because you think Cook is little better? (even though who is better is subject to debate)

If I have two spots, I'm recruiting the kids I really want. It's February 2013 and the two best guys both have strong Miami ties. Recruit them as hard as you can. According to Cook, Coley hasn't exactly been burning up his phone. If Coley likes Yearby better, which he may, I question the evaluation.

I'm the last guy to be negative, but I'm tired of watching first rounders leave Miami and I don't want to see Cook become the next one.

Advertisement

If I have two spots, I'm recruiting the kids I really want. It's February 2013 and the two best guys both have strong Miami ties. Recruit them as hard as you can. According to Cook, Coley hasn't exactly been burning up his phone. If Coley likes Yearby better, which he may, I question the evaluation.

I'm the last guy to be negative, but I'm tired of watching first rounders leave Miami and I don't want to see Cook become the next one.

I see where you're coming from but one of the two spots is kept for the grand prize, Sony and the other one was meant for Cook (as he was heavily recruited by Miami until recently) until Yearby, not a bad alternative, wanted to commit. I just think Golden had to make the decision to accept his commitment. As Franchise said, one in hand.

Says who? I bet you predicted Alfred Morris's and Tyrone Mosses futures too. I bet you knew Storm Johnson would transfer out and do nothing at UCF after showing everyone great flashes here. I bet you can predict the ******* future huh? Bryce Brown was a future first rounder too.

Advertisement
The way I see this committment is as follows:

As we all saw in Coley's press conference "Good players want to play with good players"..

Having Eduoard and Yearby as the two South Florida kids to lead the way with this class (not to discount our other 2).. South Florida kids are definitely taking notice. These are two kids that people just naturally want to play with. If KC jumps on board which we are all expecting to happen sooner than later, and we should all keep praying to God that Sony also makes the decision to come here before his season starts since that is when he is announcing, that is an insane foundation to next years class. Those are 4 absolute studs that people want to be a part of a team with.

KC, Sony, Allen, and Yearby are 4 absolute monsters as far as recruiting and attracting other kids like Ermon and those type of elite talents to join the squad with them. This recruiting class could really go down in the history books if all goes as planned. We're about to have quite a crop of talent on this roster.

Yeah but they aren't turning down Cook or Sony if they want in. You lock a stud in now and don't get left at the alter like this year. Not to mention he, according to Pete, is a legend in South Florida and will be recruiting for us for the next 11 months. That fact alone is huge considering SFLA is stacked this year.

Plus when a SFLA guy is committed to Clemson this year it raises huge red flags for me.

No brainer take IMO

Advertisement
Back