2025 Seuseu "SJ" Alofaituli 4* IOL from Gorman

Gonna take more than a few good signees and 1 year of almost elite pass protection to claim that label. We need to churn them out to the league day 1-2 at a high clip and then we can have that discussion.

As good as our OL was last year, I still would like to see more in the run game vs P5 opponents too.
Yea and we've only seen 2 Mario recruits start. I think most acknowledge his acumen, but we need more results. OL has progressively gotten better but their is a difference between good OL and Dominant(@Brains ) OL.

Advertisement
Would be helpful in the future if everyone and their momma didn't know exactly what was coming every 3rd/4th and 1.
It’s also pervasive problem in college football because these whackjob OCs can’t stop running from the shotgun

But I agree in general with everyone’s points. I wouldn’t say I’m concerned about the OL this year but we struck gold last year when it comes to health. That will probably never happen again

Depth was terrible last year but we got away with it so hoping to see some of these younger guys Mario and Mirabal targeted stepping up

Yea and we've only seen 2 Mario recruits start. I think most acknowledge his acumen, but we need more results. OL has progressively gotten better but their is a difference between good OL and Dominant(@Brains ) OL.
If the discussion is OL U, what does it matter whether they were a HS recruit?

Cohen and Lee were both starters here, that Mario brought it. In addition to the two you referenced, Anez and Francis.

Either way, if the discussion is OL U, idc how they got here.

Like Htown said, we need 1st and 2nd round picks. We need an All American 1st or 2nd team., before we can claim that.

Advertisement
It’s also pervasive problem in college football because these whackjob OCs can’t stop running from the shotgun

But I agree in general with everyone’s points. I wouldn’t say I’m concerned about the OL this year but we struck gold last year when it comes to health. That will probably never happen again

Depth was terrible last year but we got away with it so hoping to see some of these younger guys Mario and Mirabal targeted stepping up
You would think the Eagles Tushpush would have turned on lightbulbs all across college football about the best way to pick up a yard. It boggles my mind as to how few QB sneaks from under center we see, not just at UM, but throughout college football.

If the discussion is OL U, what does it matter whether they were a HS recruit?

Cohen and Lee were both starters here, that Mario brought it. In addition to the two you referenced, Anez and Francis.

Either way, if the discussion is OL U, idc how they got here.

Like Htown said, we need 1st and 2nd round picks. We need an All American 1st or 2nd team., before we can claim that.
Bringing in Day 3 guys doesn't add to that legend.

You would think the Eagles Tushpush would have turned on lightbulbs all across college football about the best way to pick up a yard. It boggles my mind as to how few QB sneaks from under center we see, not just at UM, but throughout college football.
Man I wish I had a dollar for every time my fiancé has had to listen to me say that first part 😂

Advertisement
Mario had 1 full class before the season started last year. We had 5 True Freshmen get starts last year.
Mauigoa, Bain, Fletcher, E. Williams, D.Brown.
I believe J. Wayne may have gotten a start, but I'm not sure so I didnt count him..
I'd say pretty impressive. .

Mario had 1 full class before the season started last year. We had 5 True Freshmen get starts last year.
Mauigoa, Bain, Fletcher, E. Williams, D.Brown.
I believe J. Wayne may have gotten a start, but I'm not sure so I didnt count him..
I'd say pretty impressive. .
My post was strictly pertaining to OL.

Advertisement
All but 1 OL starter last yr was a Mario recruit. And the same will be true this yr…

I am confident Cristobal and Mirabal are going to churn out NFL drafted OL every year from now on. But I think it's premature to say he's going to produce the type of All Pro and HOF level guys that caused us to be called RBU or LBU or at one point a long time ago QBU. And you can't really claim they were responsible for developing transfer portal guys. At best you can say they fortified already strong foundations.

That said, I'm excited about what Cooper, Francis, Samson, McCoy. Kinsler, Tinilau, Tripp and these 2024 kids do over the next few years. Cristobal appears to have had a really high hit rate of good to great ones. We just need to see it play out.

Advertisement
Oregon is mentioned with every ******* top OL/DL this cycle it feels like. I’m getting sick of them ********.

We must win this one.
they always are early until kids from this side of the country have to actually move there. on the west coast they are the current top dog though, so when mentioned with west coast kids i take heed.

they always are early until kids from this side of the country have to actually move there. on the west coast they are the current top dog though, so when mentioned with west coast kids i take heed.

Your thoughts on this kid please

Advertisement
Back