Serious question: is Al actually on the hot seat?

Another loss against Duke and its all over. The thing is that the writing is already on the wall. Nebraska and Louisville are 2 above average teams at best and we **** the bed for both of them. FSU is a loss, now how do you think were getting through GT, VT, Cincy, UNC? i doubt were sweeping that so expect a loss or 2 there.

At best this a 8-4 team but i think 6-6 is more realistic.

Advertisement
I agree that things will begin to just spin out of control with a loss to Duke.

Realistically though, if you look at our schedule, there isn't a break there left where Godlen can quickly amass some easy wins to shore up his support. There are no more cupcakes. Even GT in Atlanta will be a war. Cincinnati is a good team. UNC is the only game which I am confident in. They are trash. We will prolly beat Pitt.

UVA will kill us up there. Godlens ceiling at this point is 7-5 and he's likely to be 6-6. He is toast and I think he knows it,

UMM With with a new school president who actually cares i wonder if the AD could be on the hot seat too? A question can the AD get fired for lack of production in the area he is in charge of?

Realistically though, if you look at our schedule, there isn't a break there left where Godlen can quickly amass some easy wins to shore up his support. There are no more cupcakes. Even GT in Atlanta will be a war. Cincinnati is a good team. UNC is the only game which I am confident in. They are trash. We will prolly beat Pitt.

UVA will kill us up there. Godlens ceiling at this point is 7-5 and he's likely to be 6-6. He is toast and I think he knows it,

if we beat pitt, nc , bt cin gtare up in the air who esle can we beat? Every one of those teams are better than Nebraska on our schedule after that. VT, DUKE, FSU, VA all better than Nebraska

if we beat pitt, nc , bt cin gtare up in the air who esle can we beat? Every one of those teams are better than Nebraska on our schedule after that. VT, DUKE, FSU, VA all better than Nebraska

I think we will go 1-1 against GT/Duke. I think our offense will power us to a win over Cincinnati in a close contest. I think VT is lame but we will find a way to lose in Blacksburg. FSU is a loss. Miami will beat UNC convincingly. Miami will get hammered at Virginia and come home for a close win against Pitt.

6-6

Advertisement
Goldens seat is definitely warm to hot but a lot depends on these next three games. fortunately for golden the coastal is an absolute **** show and can be won if our offense continues to improve.

If we lose to Duke I would say there is a really good chance golden is gone.

But Blake James isn't making that decision. Blake James needs to worry about his own job with a new president coming in

After 4 losses the seat should be ***ushima nuclear hot. A 6th or maybe 5th loss he should be fired post game.

No chance he gets fired this year unless a new President is hired faster than anticipated and that new President fires Blake James.

Advertisement
It's a shame Nebraska came back to beat M st,had they lost to them and then beat us last night they way they did there would be even more heat on Golden.

Hes starting to accumulate too many off field distractions. He seems to be losing the players. I'd say his seat is very warm right now only because he hasn't lost the coastal yet. Once he loses the coastal it gets hot very quickly.

He's got that big ol *** resting comfortably above a crackling fire.

But he's got 8 games left. Plenty of time for him to chuck in some gas-covered logs. By the time we lose three more games this year, you'll be able to see the inferno from space. I hope Kirkland khakis are flame retardant.

Advertisement
No chance he gets fired this year unless a new President is hired faster than anticipated and that new President fires Blake James.

The President doesn't decide who the football coach is, the board of trustees do.

@mattyports: It's unclear if it's a scheduling snafu or something else, but Al Golden's day-after teleconference is canceled.

@Manny_Navarro: #UM says Al Golden not in the building. No Sunday press conference we are told.

Advertisement
Golden is gone. He'll be lucky if he makes it through the season. We will probably win at max 4 games this year.

Advertisement
Back