Serious question: is Al actually on the hot seat?

canesstevealum08

"Wyatt, I am rolling!"
Premium
Or is it all conjecture coming from different places and media outlets? I'm just asking, actually do think he should be fired but I don't know if it's actually being considered.

Advertisement
How could he be on the hot seat if Blake James said that he is the perfect person for the job?

Hot seat? Why would he be on the hot seat when were right in the middle of his process. Keep building those pillars up. Brick by brick

Advertisement
Realistically he should of been after last season. Especially after losing 4 of 6.

If that didn't put him on the hot seat... I doubt he is on it now.

The University doesn't give one iota about the program.

No. We lost to a team by 10 that we should have. Actually played better then I expected. He needs a non bowl game season for that to happen

Empty seats at SunLife are what will get Al's seat hot. I don't mean what UM announces. I mean what the TV audience and broadcast crew can see.

No. We lost to a team by 10 that we should have. Actually played better then I expected. He needs a non bowl game season for that to happen
Your joking right? What was so good about that Nebraska team that impressed you the first 3 weeks? Mcnesse state loaded the box and should have beat them. Do the coaches not look at the film and see what they did?

Advertisement
i think he's on the hot seat now. i think the noise from alum, former players, and donors will be loud.
and usually, when the AD publicly has to give you and endorsement, it's the kiss of death. maybe not at UM though.

Depending on who you ask. Anybody close to Miami probably believe we stuck with him because it seem as though Shallala and James are ok with mediocrity. But if you ask anybody outside of Miami they probably like this dude had 4 years in the weak coastal conference, he gone. Hopefully the boosters and former players continue to speak up.

No because I don't see Blake James have the gut to
fire Al...But coach NO D is ...And if Al follow he know as
well as anyone it just business..(cough. Penn st)

Yes, people on here have relationships with Blake and others on the BOT. No I doubt Blake is telling anyone he is even kinda close to his thoughts.

i think the seat is warmer than those who claim no way al is gone, buyout, yada yada, believe.

and not as hot as many wish.

but the thing is the fuel for the fire is around and many are ready to ignite it.

these things rarely turn around despite what those in the decision may want to have. Maybe one time out of ten, someone pulls a tom coughlin, but more likely they are gone in short order.

think it's downward spiral. At this same point in Randy's last year, there was no way he was going to be gone. And then he was. Just like Adrian Peterson was reinstated. And then he wasn't.

Advertisement
i think he's on the hot seat now. i think the noise from alum, former players, and donors will be loud.
and usually, when the AD publicly has to give you and endorsement, it's the kiss of death. maybe not at UM though.

Didn't Pat Haden do the same thing? Appeared to be on board with Kiffin? We know how that turned out.

Wait until Duke comes into Sun Life and puts up 500+ and 40+ points in a 10+ point loss at home.

In all honesty, there is a chance we lose out and finish with 2 wins.

Advertisement
I mean Shannon got fired so why not Golden. He always use this NCAA investigation cloud as an excuse we dont have the players, but yet they still had top 3 recruiting classes in the ACC every season. Talent ain't the excuse, it's coaching.

Al is not on the hot seat BUT he needs to make some staff changes ASAP. whole defensive crew must go numbers and lack of improvement
in 3 + years point toward change. Still not a fan of 3-4, vs. 4-3... would like to see Mccord & Thomas crash the QB as true 4-3 DE's as well as more press coverage
think Keogh time is past as well. Coley called a very good game maybe best as Miami OC & development of Kayaa
has been nothing short of miraculous . Wonder if will come to the Table with $$$$ for top notch staff Talent for Al.
On balance is a more polished Dabo Swinney but like Dabo needs great OC/DC to have a winner

Al is not on the hot seat BUT he needs to make some staff changes ASAP. whole defensive crew must go numbers and lack of improvement
in 3 + years point toward change. Still not a fan of 3-4, vs. 4-3... would like to see Mccord & Thomas crash the QB as true 4-3 DE's as well as more press coverage
think Keogh time is past as well. Coley called a very good game maybe best as Miami OC & development of Kayaa
has been nothing short of miraculous . Wonder if will come to the Table with $$$$ for top notch staff Talent for Al.
On balance is a more polished Dabo Swinney but like Dabo needs great OC/DC to have a winner

by definition, if he has to make staff changes, he's on the hot seat

Advertisement
Back