Serious Question; FSU with Briles

Advertisement
The veer and shoot works when u have a QB who is a threat to keep the zone read and throw the deep ball. FSU did not have that. They also had a worse oline and QB than we did and still had a better offense. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Briles got Franks drafted day 2.
I've got to admire your resilience.

You get dunked on daily on here, but you keep coming back acting like nothing has happened and you know what you're talking about.

That works too lol
It’s time for a comeback campaign!

4DF064BB-CAE6-4A3C-997C-C7D2750AFCEC.gif

good point OP. so far all this offseason stuff is just "hype". We can all sit back and speculate on what is possible and what we think is going to happen, but until it actually materializes into wins, it is a moot point.

Nole fans were really excited when they brought Briles in, they sounded just like how we Canes fans sound now; an innovative offense that utlizies their strengths and minimizes their weaknesses. That being said, they didnt have D'Eriq King. But, they had a playmaking WR in Terry and an excellent RB in Akers.

Point is, we can analyze and attempt to predict all we want, but none of it matters until we see it on the field. Cant wait for the scrimmage at the newly updated Traz!

Advertisement
FSU people I know say he didn’t have the freedom to do what he wanted and somebody else was providing input.

I've got to admire your resilience.

You get dunked on daily on here, but you keep coming back acting like nothing has happened and you know what you're talking about.
Yeah confidence creates envy in people who lack it so it's understandable why u felt the need to reply.

Keep admiring me though.

Why do people who post here think every uptempo, spread offense is the same?

You guys really, really need to start watching college football outside of Miami games and ESPN "The U' reruns.

Why do people who post here think every uptempo, spread offense is the same?

You guys really, really need to start watching college football outside of Miami games and ESPN "The U' reruns.
Can't comment on the uptempo stuff. On the latter comment....
Stfu. U ain't my daddy.
:dbc:

Advertisement
Yeah confidence creates envy in people who lack it so it's understandable why u felt the need to reply.

Keep admiring me though.

The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.

Briles improved them by 50 yards a game and a touchdown better from 2018. If anything this just dismisses your premise.

No.

I watched several FSU of their games, and that "O" flat out disappeared, evaporated, disappeared, in the second half in multiple games and left their D to cough up losses. Further, they coughed 9-sacks vs. UM and were flamed by Clemson, lost to BSU and bean LMU by a missed fieldgoal.

I'd pull out the crayons to make the question easier, but address the very real premise or get lost.

No.

I watched several FSU of their games, and that "O" flat out disappeared, evaporated, disappeared, in the second half in multiple games and left their D to cough up losses. Further, they coughed 9-sacks vs. UM and were flamed by Clemson, lost to BSU and bean LMU by a missed fieldgoal.

I'd pull out the crayons to make the question easier, but address the very real premise or get lost.

"FSU brought in Briles to install an uptempo spread. They failed."

Wrong. He improved the basura from 2018 no matter how you want to spin it.

Advertisement
Well word is Taggart didn't want Briles, He wanted Locksley, but the FSU admin wouldn't pay up.

Same thing with the DC, Taggart wanted Grinch.

FSU brought in Briles to install an uptempo spread. They failed.

Unquestionably a deplorable OL was part of the cause. BUT, FSU had talent at QB, RB in Cam, TE in McKitty and decent WR.

How is that different from UM this year? UM, arguably, had a worse OL, but UM has talent (unproven in this EXACT offense) at QB, RB, TE and good but uproven WR.

I'm looking at that and wondering how UM produces anything different than FSU managed last year, which was a ***** show.

Will we suffer the same fate? Assuming Diaz survives, how long will it take for Lashlee's offense to "click?"
Key is the defense. Miami has had a consistently strong defense the past 3 years, and we have reason to believe that it will remain a top 25 defense. The offense can stay equally bad or get better. Odds are it gets better. If that happens, close losses become close wins to comfortable wins, and we look at a much better season.

Even if you want to assume Lashlee = Briles, I think it goes without saying that King is significantly better than any QB on FSUs roster last season. We also have reason to believe a fast paced offense will bring our O-line up from one of the worst in P5 to average by reducing the amount of time they'll need to block. This is admittedly the greatest similarity between us and FSU last year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back