Serious question about our fan base…

Our collective effort is wildly inconsistent. We don't play as a team. We do a lot of dumb ****.

Even No. 1 recruiting classes in and of themselves won't fix those systemic problems.

CMC's first task in Year 2 remains the same — clean up a rotten culture.

Agreed. I don't care much if we're very good, or still suck next year.

And do want 2024 to be clear progression, but don't otherwise care that much.

I want us (Mario) to do all the cleaning out of the bottom of the Ark. To do all the unappreciated work necessary to establish a dominating mindset and culture.

2025, after we've paid off the price of the past 20 years of sins, I want to us to have our first year of being a high ranked team in the playoffs.

By 2027, I want #6. Our first championship in over 20 years. And be one of 3 favorites going into each year thereafter.

Give It To Me Need GIF

Advertisement
If we suck next year and 2024, Mario won’t have fans left to play in front of and those left will be looking at his buyout options.

To add to it, if he keeps Gattis and runs the same **** offense and we don’t beat A&M at home, fan support will be questionable after a few games

Depends. 9-4 when? Forever? **** no. Next year? Absolutely.

Will I be happy with 9-4 next year? Of course not. We hired Mario Cristobal and finally started spending money on football with the intention to compete for championships. So until that happens, nobody should be satisfied. But people also need to understand you don’t erase 20 years of being a porta-potty and turn into the Taj Mahal overnight.

So 9-4 next year, sure. Shows we’re likely headed in the right direction. But we’re not FSU fans, nobody is thumping their chest over being 9-4. It’d have me excited for 2024, though. That’s about it.

Advertisement
Would we be content with 10-4 or a record similar to that?

We finished 3rd in recruiting so the whole “it would help with recruiting” argument is bogus.

I have been a Canes fan for 30 years and I can tell you that 10-3 to me is a failure of a season. It’s better than what we’ve done in the past 20 years, but I still wouldn’t be content with that record.

I’m the type that wants to play for Nattys and everything else sucks. 10-3 or similar records to me are the same as 5-7. Losers. I’m just posting this because I hate porters that want us to “be more like Duke” or “let’s look at Ol Miss”. Both losers to me anyways so why look at them?

Natty or bust for me and I feel like it starts with recruiting and takes a couple of years…
Baby steps my friend. We are born again.

Advertisement
The 99 Team (With Dorsey, not Kelly at the helm) beats 98...The Penn St loss was not because of the TD pass....it was because of the erroneous spot on James Jackson's run, that would have ended the game. Then beat GT and Joe Hamilton, who had the Nation's #1 Offense in the Bowl game.

But at the end of 98 the fanbase was pretty happy how that season shaped up. Before 98 team, things were pretty rough for the Hurricanes during the probation years. After the UCLA game we were getting c0c*ky again. Oh man, that was a great feeling. No wonder we were so happy the previous year we were 5-6.

Last edited:
UM faculty are not football fans. UM administration SHOULD be. We have faculty members from Australia, Europe, that literally know nothing about college football and have NO interest. Buddy of mine crews on a 45 foot sailboat with two UM faculty members who are basically totally unaware of American college football.

Why is it that our fanbase is so incredibly unrealistic about how a competent University administration should view sports? I know, I know, our "Fans" most of whom see education as a unnecessary evil want Miami to be managed like some of these garbage state schools, but it isn't happening.

We should want administrators that are fine with letting a high end AD do their job, and supporting as needed. END OF DISCUSSION. Miami has a high end AD, let Rad and the donors do what needs to be done, and go from there. I want administrators on the academic side that can fundraise(Which Frenk isn't doing), that can attract world class faculty(Another thing Frenk isn't doing)*, I don't need them in the way of the AD, who is responsible for his department. Set clear expectations for what is acceptable and go from there. If you are making quality AD hires, you don't need to babysit. For the first time in two decades, Miami has an AD worth a crap. Let him do his job.

I couldn't care less if Administrators or Faculty are sports fans, their jobs are to educate and build a University where high achieving kids want to spend 4 years. That's their job, Rad's job is to build a world class athletic department that lives up to the ideals of the University of Miami, creating both winners on and off the field.

*As you can tell, I want Frenk gone, he's been a mediocre(at best) University President, and coming off of the Shalala tenure, where she was consistently raising BILLIONS for the University and extending our reach beyond South Florida.

I’d be ecstatic with 10 wins because it would be a drastic improvement over what we have now. Also 10 wins will get you into the new playoffs where anything can happen.

All facts!

Ive seen 4 like you. 10 wins is fine for a year or 2. After that it better be playoffs but we all know the school is fine with 10 wins.
I’ve seen them all and it is possible to get back to the top and dominate
Bama and Georgia are showing the blueprint
It take a vision and commitment from the top all the way down
Does Miami have it in place?

We shall see

Advertisement
But at the end of 98 the fanbase was pretty happy how that season shaped up. Before 98 team, things were pretty rough for the Hurricanes during the probation years. After the UCLA game we were getting c0c*ky again. Oh man, that was a great feeling. No wonder we were so happy the previous year we were 5-6.
Yes!!!!!!
After the UCLA win….you could see the potential start to show
1999Then Dorsey gets in towards end of year and gets a bowl win
2000Then we lose a tough one at udub but roll rest of year and beat fsu weinke team and we all knew we were the best team in country!
On and Heipel should be on their knees every night thanking the good Lord that those f ing computers had fsu jump Miami.
Miami would have raped that OU team, Instead they beat up the gayturds
2001 it was a wrap
2002 t porter bull****
And the slide began!

Yes!!!!!!
After the UCLA win….you could see the potential start to show
1999Then Dorsey gets in towards end of year and gets a bowl win
2000Then we lose a tough one at udub but roll rest of year and beat fsu weinke team and we all knew we were the best team in country!
On and Heipel should be on their knees every night thanking the good Lord that those f ing computers had fsu jump Miami.
Miami would have raped that OU team, Instead they beat up the gayturds
2001 it was a wrap
2002 t porter bull****
And the slide began!
2003 wasnt bad and was the last time i saw MIAMI football.

Everything else is spot on.

Advertisement
How about we win 10 and a legit bowl a few times before we start worrying about national championships?

Just going 8-4 with no embarrassing losses will be a big step up from where the program is at now.

Playoffs at minimum SHOULD be the expectation.

That we would be content w/10 wins is really telling with how far we need to go.
Perfectly sums up my mindset. I always have to try to remember that the younger fans(under 30ish) don’t REALLY know what it’s like to be a powerhouse. I’d be just as upset if I’m Michigan than I am as a Cane. Two losers point blank

Advertisement
Back