Serious question about our fan base…

Advertisement
Let’s keep it a bean:

Since 2004, we’ve been a perennial 7-5 program. For some fans who never witnessed us in our height, 10-4 would be a welcomed record. For many of us who were in the midst of our glory yrs (I’ve witnessed 4 of them thangs, including #5 in person), it’s different. I would take 10-4 in a heart beat next season, but content w/ that type of record? **** nah.

Mario gotta get this staff in order; Bama, Clemson, & UGA r showing that maintaining success is possible in today’s climate IF u recruit well (especially in the trenches and at the QB position), completely unified from The Admin to Football OPs, and KEEP UP WITH THE TRENDS IN THE GAME OF FOOTBALL. So far we’re 2 of 3, but that #3 is huge (pause), ask Saban.

Last edited:
This ******* guy is asking if we would rather have won 10 games than 5

giphy-9.gif

Let’s keep it a bean:

Since 2004, we’ve been a perennial 7-5 program. For some fans who never witnessed us in our height, 10-4 would be a welcomed record. For many us who were in the midst of our glory yrs (I’ve witnessed 4 of them thangs, including #5 in person), it’s different. I would take 10-4 in a heart beat next season, but content w/ that type of record? **** nah.

Mario gotta get this staff in order; Bama, Clemson, & UGA r showing that maintaining success is possible in today’s climate IF u recruit well (especially in the trenches and at the QB position), completely unified from The Admin to Football OPs, and KEEP UP WITH THE TRENDS IN THE GAME OF FOOTBALL. So far we’re 2 of 3, but that #3 is huge (pause), ask Saban.
All facts!

Ive seen 4 like you. 10 wins is fine for a year or 2. After that it better be playoffs but we all know the school is fine with 10 wins.

Advertisement
This ******* guy is asking if we would rather have won 10 games than 5
Cmon man. You know that’s not what I’m asking. Just seeing if we as a fan base would be content being a really good program(10-3) or if it’s being a top 4 type team every year is the only thing that would satisfy our thirst for greatness…

Advertisement
your crazy man. Im 28, I’ve seen ONE ten win season since I’ve been an adult correct? That’s ducking miserable

If we consistently recruit in the top 5, we should consistently finish the season in the top 5.

Advertisement
I understand that, but other than 2001, were any of us really happy with those other teams?

In 1998, we were pretty happy with that 9-3 team. That was the year we finished strong knocking out UCLA from the title game. That was the "we back moment". First signs of coming up after the probation years. 2016 we were def happy cause we finished strong and under Marc Richt first year we got a bowl win. Something we haven't done like in forever. 2017 we weren't happy with that 10 win team. We lost to a 5-7 Pitt team smh and got crushed by the big boys at the end of the season. I feel like 2016 9-4 team was better then the 2017 10-3 team.

In 1998, we were pretty happy with that 9-3 team. That was the year we finished strong knocking out UCLA from the title game. That was the "we back moment". First signs of coming up after the probation years. 2016 we were def happy cause we finished strong and under Marc Richt first year we got a bowl win. Something we haven't done like in forever. 2017 we weren't happy with that 10 win team. We lost to a 5-7 Pitt team smh and got crushed by the big boys at the end of the season. I feel like 2016 9-4 team was better then the 2017 10-3 team.
The 99 Team (With Dorsey, not Kelly at the helm) beats 98...The Penn St loss was not because of the TD pass....it was because of the erroneous spot on James Jackson's run, that would have ended the game. Then beat GT and Joe Hamilton, who had the Nation's #1 Offense in the Bowl game.

Advertisement
Would we be content with 10-4 or a record similar to that?

We finished 3rd in recruiting so the whole “it would help with recruiting” argument is bogus.

I have been a Canes fan for 30 years and I can tell you that 10-3 to me is a failure of a season. It’s better than what we’ve done in the past 20 years, but I still wouldn’t be content with that record.

I’m the type that wants to play for Nattys and everything else sucks. 10-3 or similar records to me are the same as 5-7. Losers. I’m just posting this because I hate porters that want us to “be more like Duke” or “let’s look at Ol Miss”. Both losers to me anyways so why look at them?

Natty or bust for me and I feel like it starts with recruiting and takes a couple of years…
Natty or bust.

Reportedly some UM faculty who were perfectly fine with 7 win seasons, supposedly back in 2014/2015.
UM faculty are not football fans. UM administration SHOULD be. We have faculty members from Australia, Europe, that literally know nothing about college football and have NO interest. Buddy of mine crews on a 45 foot sailboat with two UM faculty members who are basically totally unaware of American college football.

Cmon man. You know that’s not what I’m asking. Just seeing if we as a fan base would be content being a really good program(10-3) or if it’s being a top 4 type team every year is the only thing that would satisfy our thirst for greatness…
Natty or bust. That should be the goal of every program, Just like the SB in the NFL.

With that being said, I am not content, but numb to the fact that we will never see it again.

Advertisement
Back