Serious question about our fan base…

Dgixxer252525

Recruit
Premium
Would we be content with 10-4 or a record similar to that?

We finished 3rd in recruiting so the whole “it would help with recruiting” argument is bogus.

I have been a Canes fan for 30 years and I can tell you that 10-3 to me is a failure of a season. It’s better than what we’ve done in the past 20 years, but I still wouldn’t be content with that record.

I’m the type that wants to play for Nattys and everything else sucks. 10-3 or similar records to me are the same as 5-7. Losers. I’m just posting this because I hate porters that want us to “be more like Duke” or “let’s look at Ol Miss”. Both losers to me anyways so why look at them?

Natty or bust for me and I feel like it starts with recruiting and takes a couple of years…

Advertisement

We finished 3rd in recruiting so the whole “it would help with recruiting” argument is bogus.

I have been a Canes fan for 30 years and I can tell you that 10-3 to me is a failure of a season. It’s better than what we’ve done in the past 20 years, but I still wouldn’t be content with that record.

I’m the type that wants to play for Nattys and everything else sucks. 10-3 or similar records to me are the same as 5-7. Losers. I’m just posting this because I hate porters that want us to “be more like Duke” or “let’s look at Ol Miss”. Both losers to me anyways so why look at them?

Natty or bust for me and I feel like it starts with recruiting and takes a couple of years…
1999 Miami went 9-4, bowl win, then lost only 1 game in 2000. In 2016, Miami went 9-4, bowl win, then lost only 3, making it to Orange Bowl.

Its not that folks are content. But when you have been bad, which was the case in the two different above referenced eras, it could be an indication of turning the corner.

Who ever said they wanted Miami to be more like Duke? I've seen posters complain that Miami should have had a better record since Duke also had a first year head coach and was able to figure a way to go bowling. Aside from that, no one wants Miami to be like Duke in football - average to bad.

The days of the Hurricanes of the late '80's and early '90's are long over. That roughly 10 year stretch from 1983 - 1994 was absolutely amazing, one of the best in college football history, but they aren't coming back - at least that level of greatness for such a long period of time. If this team gets to double digit wins every year with playoff berths at least 2 times every 5 years, that would be stupendous. After the past 15 years and 1 double digit win season, I don't see how you wouldn't welcome them back on a regular basis.

Last edited:

10-4 next year sign me up now

1999 Miami went 9-4, bowl win, then lost only 1 game in 2000. In 2016, Miami went 9-4, bowl win, then lost only 3, making it to Orange Bowl.

Its not that folks are content. But when you have been bad, which was the case in the two different above referenced eras, it could be an indication of turning the corner.
I understand that, but other than 2001, were any of us really happy with those other teams?

Advertisement
Who ever said they wanted Miami to be more like Duke
I was paraphrasing. There’s an entire thread on how Dukes coach worked magic this year with his roster. It was just an example, don’t get hung up on that sentence. The question is at the beginning of my post…

I understand that, but other than 2001, were any of us really happy with those other teams?

Its about perspective. 2003, everyone was ****ed. We won 10, beating FSU in bowl game. But we were coming off the 2000-2002 seasons so expectations were coming from the pinnacle. I can assure you. Had Miami won 10 games this year, or had a year like 2016, Miami would be ranked, momentum high and outlook positive. FSU is experiencing it right now. Who can blame them? If Tenn loses tonight, future still considered bright. They arent feeling that way at Bama.

Advertisement
Reportedly some UM faculty who were perfectly fine with 7 win seasons, supposedly back in 2014/2015.
They are faculty. Of course they want education to always be the priority. If the athletic department, President, and/or Board of Trustees are saying we should be like Duke, then yeah, we'd have something to worry about.

I used to be like OP, but the longer we suck, the better a 10 win season would feel. After that I would be expecting more. Point blank, I’d kill for 10 wins.
I guess it’s just not in me. **** 10 wins and playing some BS bowl game. I’m swinging for the fences even with two strikes.

Our collective effort is wildly inconsistent. We don't play as a team. We do a lot of dumb ****.

Even No. 1 recruiting classes in and of themselves won't fix those systemic problems.

CMC's first task in Year 2 remains the same — clean up a rotten culture.

Advertisement
I guess it’s just not in me. **** 10 wins and playing some BS bowl game. I’m swinging for the fences even with two strikes.
Well my good man. Mario has only had one season where he won more than 10 games. 2019, Oregon went 12-2 with a Rose Bowl win. Sounds like your are looking for Saban, Smart and Dabo results. ****, we all would love that.

Who ever said they wanted Miami to be more like Duke? I've seen posters complain that Miami should have had a better record since Duke also had a first year head coach and was able to figure a way to go bowling. Aside from that, no one wants Miami to be like Duke in football - average to bad.

The days of the Hurricanes of the late '80's and early '90's are long over. That roughly 10 year stretch from 1983 - 1994 was absolutely amazing, one of the best in college football history, but they aren't coming back - at least that level of greatness for such a long period of time. If this team gets to double digit wins every year with playoff berths at least 2 times every 5 years, that would be stupendous. After the past 15 years and 1 double digit win season, I don't see how you wouldn't welcome them back on a regular basis.
Agree 100%

Advertisement
Ive seen most of our championships and witnessed the fall. I would be happy with a couple of 10 win seasons back to back. That would put you near top 10 for 2 years. People would start talking about miami again and it would absolutely add to recruiting.

I would expect playoff appearances after a couple years though. We should not be content with 10 wins for a long time.

I’d like to see a double digit win. Another bowl win would be nice. A division win, or whatever we call a conf. championship appearance now.

I’m not thinking nattys until we do these things in consecutive seasons.

Advertisement
Back