Seniors

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
I've got a feeling we are going to see some key plays by some unsung seniors tomorrow. Guys like Clements, Hurns, Gilbert and even Cain. This is a game for them.

Advertisement
Was leaving Sunset Place yesterday afternoon and David Gilbert was passing by on the sidewalk. I called out to him from my car "Lay that beatdown on Saturday, David!"

He gave me a fist pump and a smile. The man looked ready.

/That concludes my in-depth scouting report.

True story, though.

None of these guys have had stellar careers here but that can all change beginning tomorrow. Many of them could have played anywhere in the country. It's time they showed everyone what they can do.

Was leaving Sunset Place yesterday afternoon and David Gilbert was passing by on the sidewalk. I called out to him from my car "Lay that beatdown on Saturday, David!"

He gave me a fist pump and a smile. The man looked ready.

/That concludes my in-depth scouting report.

True story, though.

fist pump and smile indicates readiness?

anyway, was thinking about this yesterday. how tired do the upperclassmen have to be... ****, all the players.. how fn tired do they have to be of losing, getting harrassed, being mocked, empty stadiums, getting blown out in big games, being sub par or less than mediocre...

THEY are MOAR tired than us FANS.

Someones gonna get hurt tomorrow and its going to be from years of frustration wrapped up into one hit. hope them gators buckle the chin straps cuz its gonna be a long day for those guys.

Advertisement
Morris - local under the radar kid that has blossomed, NFL arm
Clements - pretty big-time recruit, limited athletically
Hagens - has turned into a great fullback
Hurns - probably our most dependable WR, limited athletically and injury prone
Asante - decent player, can't stay healthy
Seantrel - tremendous talent, solid player, NFL bound
Linder - slightly overrated but very good, NFL bound
Wheeler - has worked hard and is a solid role player
Porter - ready to put it all together, NFL bound
Shayon - sets a great example, has limitations
Luther - has worked hard and is solid
Gilbert - should be a good situational pass rusher, perhaps more
Renfrow - huge person, not great at football
Cain - versatile, agile, mobile, 3rd string
Cornelius - decent backup
Gaines - solid player
Rodgers - has turned the corner I think
AJ - decent backup
O'Donnell - MVP

Morris, Seantrel, Linder, Porter, Gilbert could play in the NFL

Hurns, Gaines, Luther, and Hagens might catch on as UFA's

It's a chance for some U's seniors to play at the next level,in particular OL.A comment was
made by a couple of ESPN analysts that the U's OL line has slow feet and will struggle against
UF's Dl.This game is big for Lindner and Henderson.

Advertisement
Renfrow looked pretty **** good at nose tackle last week - He's huge and he used his hands well on a number of plays

There was one in particular where FAU doubled him, he ripped his shoulders between the blockers, then used his hands to disengage the center and stuff the run - exactly what we need in the middle of our defense

Is this feeling stronger or less strong than your feelings for Tebow being a good NFL QB?

I hope Rodgers continues to build on the FAU game. He looked solid for once. He shouldn't have to worry too much about the passing game and will have to be ready to come up in run support.

Advertisement
Is this feeling stronger or less strong than your feelings for Tebow being a good NFL QB?

Matthew 26:69-75.

That story is still being written. But considering what looms tomorrow, I'd rather focus on Morris's bright NFL future.

Advertisement
I'd add Linder and Henderson in this mix as well. The OL needs to be dominant so Duke Johnson can have a monster game!

I've got a feeling we are going to see some key plays by some unsung seniors tomorrow. Guys like Clements, Hurns, Gilbert and even Cain. This is a game for them.

Advertisement
Back